Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Cannot Send Message MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message.

    I keep getting this message "Cannot Send Message MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message."


    Name:  17199172_10155081048524481_370966819_n.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  47.2 KB

    When I try sending picture, audio, or video messages, or when I try receiving these messages. Why is this happening and how to fix?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,918
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have data turned on ??
    Also try turning off wifi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Somewhere ~ I wish!
    Posts
    1,153
    Phone
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have MMS Messaging, in fact, turned on?
    Is the recipient/sender using iMessage?
    Does Boost support iMessage?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Do you have MMS Messaging, in fact, turned on?
    Is the recipient/sender using iMessage?
    Does Boost support iMessage?
    I am no longer with Boost Mobile. I am using Safelink Wireless - https://www.safelinkca.com/TracFoneWeb/en/index2.html#/

    And yes MMS Messaging is turned on. And no I am sending this picture to a NON-Iphone user.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes I have it turned on. And I did turn WiFi off and on again, and still can't send a picture, audio, or video message to NON iPhone owners.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    7,303
    Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    None iPhone users meaning other smartphones or flip phones?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    None iPhone users meaning other smartphones or flip phones?
    Yes, exactly. But iPhone users/owners it works fine. But non-iPhone users and owners it does not work.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BTA027
    Posts
    16,767
    Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    0
    Try your SIM in a different (non-Apple) phone, then you'll know whether it's a provisioning or settings issue.

    PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BTA027
    Posts
    16,767
    Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Does Boost support iMessage?
    iMessage does not depend on carrier support. In fact it is available on non-cellular devices like iPods, iPads, and Macs.

    MMS however does depend on carrier support.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,516
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    I am no longer with Boost Mobile. I am using Safelink Wireless - https://www.safelinkca.com/TracFoneWeb/en/index2.html#/

    And yes MMS Messaging is turned on. And no I am sending this picture to a NON-Iphone user.
    Your telephone may still have the APN settings for your old carrier. Have you tried this link for the SafeLink settings?
    https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/...pjo6KigCokT7f/
    Earl F. Parrish

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    7,303
    Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can send MMS to my ex wife, she is using Straight Talk.And she doesn't use a iPHone, it's a Sammy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,084
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    Yes I have it turned on. And I did turn WiFi off and on again, and still can't send a picture, audio, or video message to NON iPhone owners.
    MMS requires cellular data. It will not send over WiFi even if connected to WiFi network. Do you have cellular data turned on? Can you browse a webpage over cellular data with WiFi turned off? Does SafeLink support iPhone? H2O has the same problem with MMS for iPhone. H2O does not officially support MMS for iPhone. You have to manually set the APN settings if it gives you access, otherwise it requires jailbreak to access APN settings.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Your telephone may still have the APN settings for your old carrier. Have you tried this link for the SafeLink settings?
    https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/...pjo6KigCokT7f/
    I keep getting this message when I enter my phone number or the SIM Card number -

    "The Phone Number or the last 15 digits of the SIM card you entered does not belong to our Bring-Your-Own-Phone Program. Please note there is no need to update your APN Data settings if you have a Sprint or CDMA phone."

    Which is BS because I bought a Net10 Unlocked T-Mobile SIM Card activation kit and activated the card while talking to SafeLink Wireless. So I don't get it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    MMS requires cellular data. It will not send over WiFi even if connected to WiFi network. Do you have cellular data turned on? Can you browse a webpage over cellular data with WiFi turned off? Does SafeLink support iPhone? H2O has the same problem with MMS for iPhone. H2O does not officially support MMS for iPhone. You have to manually set the APN settings if it gives you access, otherwise it requires jailbreak to access APN settings.

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039
    Yes I have cellular data turned on. I have iMessage turned on, I have Send MMS Message turned on as well.

    Yes i can browse the web with WiFi turned off. I can make calls, texts, use various apps. BUT I CANNOT send MMS Messages to NON-iPhone users.

    Yes SafeLink Wireless, allows you to bring your own phone. I had my iPhone unlocked, and now can use SIM cards in it. H20 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Safelink Wireless.

    Safelink Wireless uses Net10/TracPhone phones of all types and styles, including smart phones.

    How do I manually set the APN settings? How do I know what to type in as far as the APN settings.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    683
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    UPDATE I was able to enter my info, through the link you gave me, and I am going to see what I can do here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I need a $20 plan and possibly a new phone to be able to get MMS
    By Robynsus in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 12:46 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 04:47 PM
  5. Is it normal to be charged for reiceved text messages.
    By regina_kid in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 04:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •