Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Cannot Send Message MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message.

I keep getting this message "Cannot Send Message MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message."

Name:  17199172_10155081048524481_370966819_n.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  47.2 KB

When I try sending picture, audio, or video messages, or when I try receiving these messages. Why is this happening and how to fix?

Feedback Score
    Do you have data turned on ??
    Also try turning off wifi

Phone
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do you have MMS Messaging, in fact, turned on?
    Is the recipient/sender using iMessage?
    Does Boost support iMessage?

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Do you have MMS Messaging, in fact, turned on?
    Is the recipient/sender using iMessage?
    I am no longer with Boost Mobile. I am using Safelink Wireless - https://www.safelinkca.com/TracFoneWeb/en/index2.html#/

And yes MMS Messaging is turned on. And no I am sending this picture to a NON-Iphone user.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes I have it turned on. And I did turn WiFi off and on again, and still can't send a picture, audio, or video message to NON iPhone owners.

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    None iPhone users meaning other smartphones or flip phones?

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    None iPhone users meaning other smartphones or flip phones?
    Yes, exactly. But iPhone users/owners it works fine. But non-iPhone users and owners it does not work.

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Try your SIM in a different (non-Apple) phone, then you'll know whether it's a provisioning or settings issue.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    iMessage does not depend on carrier support. In fact it is available on non-cellular devices like iPods, iPads, and Macs.

MMS however does depend on carrier support.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    I am no longer with Boost Mobile. I am using Safelink Wireless - https://www.safelinkca.com/TracFoneWeb/en/index2.html#/

And yes MMS Messaging is turned on. And no I am sending this picture to a NON-Iphone user.
    Your telephone may still have the APN settings for your old carrier. Have you tried this link for the SafeLink settings?
    https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/...pjo6KigCokT7f/
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I can send MMS to my ex wife, she is using Straight Talk.And she doesn't use a iPHone, it's a Sammy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    Yes I have it turned on. And I did turn WiFi off and on again, and still can't send a picture, audio, or video message to NON iPhone owners.
    MMS requires cellular data. It will not send over WiFi even if connected to WiFi network. Do you have cellular data turned on? Can you browse a webpage over cellular data with WiFi turned off? Does SafeLink support iPhone? H2O has the same problem with MMS for iPhone. H2O does not officially support MMS for iPhone. You have to manually set the APN settings if it gives you access, otherwise it requires jailbreak to access APN settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Your telephone may still have the APN settings for your old carrier. Have you tried this link for the SafeLink settings?
    https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/...pjo6KigCokT7f/
    I keep getting this message when I enter my phone number or the SIM Card number -

"The Phone Number or the last 15 digits of the SIM card you entered does not belong to our Bring-Your-Own-Phone Program. Please note there is no need to update your APN Data settings if you have a Sprint or CDMA phone."

Which is BS because I bought a Net10 Unlocked T-Mobile SIM Card activation kit and activated the card while talking to SafeLink Wireless. So I don't get it.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    MMS requires cellular data. It will not send over WiFi even if connected to WiFi network. Do you have cellular data turned on? Can you browse a webpage over cellular data with WiFi turned off? Does SafeLink support iPhone? H2O has the same problem with MMS for iPhone. H2O does not officially support MMS for iPhone. You have to manually set the APN settings if it gives you access, otherwise it requires jailbreak to access APN settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039
    Yes I have cellular data turned on. I have iMessage turned on, I have Send MMS Message turned on as well.

Yes i can browse the web with WiFi turned off. I can make calls, texts, use various apps. BUT I CANNOT send MMS Messages to NON-iPhone users.

Yes SafeLink Wireless, allows you to bring your own phone. I had my iPhone unlocked, and now can use SIM cards in it. H20 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Safelink Wireless.

Safelink Wireless uses Net10/TracPhone phones of all types and styles, including smart phones.

How do I manually set the APN settings? How do I know what to type in as far as the APN settings.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE I was able to enter my info, through the link you gave me, and I am going to see what I can do here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast