Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 154

Thread: Velocity vs Unite Explore

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ROLLTIDE
    Posts
    4,536
    Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Also is it normal to get poor wifi with this device or did I get a defective unit ? I have it in 2.4 GHZ extended range and I start dropping bars of signal on my iphone 5 feet from it

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    858
    Device(s)
    HTC DEsire Z, Iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    ROLLTIDE

    Several things affect Wifi performance if this is line of sight this is unacceptable performance, test with a different device. I normally have no issues with 30FT + line of sight I do not have the iPhone 5 but S7 Edge and regularly use my laptop with the Explore.
    It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ROLLTIDE
    Posts
    4,536
    Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marka2k View Post
    ROLLTIDE

    Several things affect Wifi performance if this is line of sight this is unacceptable performance, test with a different device. I normally have no issues with 30FT + line of sight I do not have the iPhone 5 but S7 Edge and regularly use my laptop with the Explore.
    doesn't matter the device everyone of them has issues with this hot spot with very poor range

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    303
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB 6.1.2 Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    doesn't matter the device everyone of them has issues with this hot spot with very poor range
    It's most likely defective. Where did you buy it from?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have an ASUS AC1900 router with a USB port. I have my Unite Explore plugged via USB and the router automatically recognizes and uses the Unite for the internet connection. Great solution.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    660
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest03 View Post
    I have an ASUS AC1900 router with a USB port. I have my Unite Explore plugged via USB and the router automatically recognizes and uses the Unite for the internet connection. Great solution.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, didn't know that, I have the netgear cradle but the ASUS is probably a cheaper and possibly better solution, only thing the cradle does it doesn't is it has a better internal LTE antenna.
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet


    Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    445
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest03 View Post
    I have an ASUS AC1900 router with a USB port. I have my Unite Explore plugged via USB and the router automatically recognizes and uses the Unite for the internet connection. Great solution.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very interesting. I just looked up this router on amazon and it does not mention anything about it. Which USB port did you use? The 3.0 or 2.0? I might just have to get one of these.
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,621
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by astrand1 View Post
    Very interesting. I just looked up this router on amazon and it does not mention anything about it. Which USB port did you use? The 3.0 or 2.0? I might just have to get one of these.
    You can use either port but the 3.0 is the one to use for a 1A device as it outputs 900 mAh. The 2.0 port is best for a charged device as it keeps the 3.0 port free from wear and open for a hard drive.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have the T-Mobile variant of the AC68U. I know they were recently on sale for around $60-70. I have mine plugged into the USB 2.0 port.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    485
    Feedback Score
    0
    My 6620l is here

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    236
    Feedback Score
    0
    When I click on the data used, I get current plan is unknown. Is this right? Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1489185765.195990.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  49.8 KB

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    303
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB 6.1.2 Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mloboy View Post
    When I click on the data used, I get current plan is unknown. Is this right? Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1489185765.195990.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  49.8 KB
    Do you have the standalone $20 unlimited Mobley plan or the Unlimited Data plus $20 add on?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal 28 View Post
    Do you have the standalone $20 unlimited Mobley plan or the Unlimited Data plus $20 add on?
    I have the unlimited data plus $20 add on.

    I checked my att app and it is showing the device as unknown as well?

    Weird?!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,406
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T ZTE Velocity Prepaid Hotspot

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryLaPointe View Post
    FYI, I saw a black AT&T Velocity that was GoPhone branded today for $59.99 at Best Buy B&M.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-ZTE-...&wl13=&veh=sem

    Walmart carries these, too.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    303
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB 6.1.2 Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Oh yeah. That's where I bought mine from. It's been smooth sailing so far.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone use the unite explore?
    By truefan31 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 12:25 AM
  2. Netgear AC816S AT&T Unite Explore
    By Greenmule in forum Data Cards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2017, 06:02 PM
  3. Hotspot Device like the Unite Explore?
    By rafster in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 12:05 PM
  4. How to unlock AT&T UNITE EXPLORE ( Netgear Aircard 815S ) mobile hotspot
    By cellcorner in forum Cellcorner.com - Professional mobile phone unlocking equipment, remote unlock, phone accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2016, 04:16 PM
  5. blazer vs internet explorer browser
    By samishub in forum Sprint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 09:11 PM

Bookmarks