Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I predict cricket will be speed capped at 3Mb/s just like GoPhone

Feedback Score

I predict cricket will be speed capped at 3Mb/s just like GoPhone

The cricket unlimited plan will be speed capped to 3Mb/s just like the new GoPhone unlimited plan soon.
    That's my prediction. Why would AT&T limit GoPhone unlimited to 3Mb/s and not do the same for their economy cricket brand?? I saw this coming as soon as AT&T offered the economy unlimited postpaid plan with the same 3Mb/s speed cap.
    I don't know this for sure and I am just making a prediction so don't flame me. It just wouldn't make any sense for this not to happen.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can not see Cricket capping the speed at 3Mb/s because if Cricket did most people would be gone if Cricket did that. I see Cricket increasing the speed if anything. Cricket wants to gain customers not lose customers.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think not unless they want to lose people to metro pcs and boost.

Sent from my LEX727 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Oh hell no... not when even Verizon's 3rd tier MVNO's have 5Mbps... AT&T would get crushed.

The 3Mbps is a horrible idea... I predict it will collapse and die an early death. There are too many options and competition in the marketplace.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    The cricket unlimited plan will be speed capped to 3Mb/s just like the new GoPhone unlimited plan soon.
    That's my prediction. Why would AT&T limit GoPhone unlimited to 3Mb/s and not do the same for their economy cricket brand??
    I honestly hadn't even thought of that. Now that you say it I wouldn't be surprised if that happened although I could also see why that wouldn't happen. I guess time will tell

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $45 / 8 GB
    Feedback Score
    All 3 Mbps either AT&T unlimited or GoPhone unlimited are treated as "non-flying zone" once Cricket implement 3 Mbps like mothership, i m back to T-Mobile $30/5 GB/100 min plan, plain and simple. If Cricket dares doing 3 Mbps thing, goodbye forever. Period

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    All 3 Mbps either AT&T unlimited or GoPhone unlimited are treated as "non-flying zone" once Cricket implement 3 Mbps like mothership, i m back to T-Mobile $30/5 GB/100 min plan, plain and simple. If Cricket dares doing 3 Mbps thing, goodbye forever. Period
    10000% agree. Who is the genius marketer who thought up this crap?

If there was to be a 3Mbps tier, then the monthly price should be $20 or less. At 3Mbps, even with the phone constantly turned on and streaming video, I don't think you could reach 22gb in data, LOL.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    No way I'd limit myself to 3. That's like getting a sports car and always going 25mph. 8+ at a min or I'd go back to basic phone and call it a day
    Sure thing

Carrier(s)
    Cricket R+
    Feedback Score
    While I wouldnt like it , I doubt most would even notice as long as youtube\netflix\facebook still work

Feedback Score
    The fine print states max speed of 3Mbps. Video streams at 1.5Mbps. Not sure if stream saver can be turned off. No hotspot. Deprioritized after 22GB. No thank you GoPhone. Not interested.

Feedback Score
    Yeah but GoPhone has two options right? And only the cheaper one is at 3mbps and the other is not throttled correct? If so that makes sense....give a big enough throttle that someone might consider paying extra for more speed.

Feedback Score
    Also if Cricket were going to do this, wouldn't they have done it NOW in conjunction with rolling out their new Unlimited Plans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Yeah but GoPhone has two options right? And only the cheaper one is at 3mbps and the other is not throttled correct? If so that makes sense....give a big enough throttle that someone might consider paying extra for more speed.
    No. Only two plans. New 6GB plan and new unlimited plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    I hope Cricket Wireless would not implement a 3MBPS speed cap on top of the 22GB deprioitziation. Considering they are competing with Boost Mobile and Metro PCS.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Fortunately, it is prepaid. If Cricket is no longer a good deal, then it is off to something else.

That said, I could probably live with 3Mbps on a phone.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast