Thread: Free 3rd Line question

Device(s)
    BB Passport and BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Since 2007, T-Mo 2001-2007
    Feedback Score

Free 3rd Line question

Do they still charge you the taxes/fees? Has anyone gotten the details/breakdown of charges for the 3rd line.
    I am planning to get a line for home and leave the phone at home, but do we really have to call every month and request credit, and are there fees/taxes that we still have to pay? Or is our bill going to remain exactly $100 every month?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I think this promotion expired. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Device(s)
    BB Passport and BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by netrammgc View Post
    I think this promotion expired. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are correct.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/3rdLineFree
    I thought I read somewhere it was going to go away on 16th, but looks like it already ended. What's with me and missing all these deals, first the S7 deal, now this. I feel like I better port before they end 2 lines for $100 deal.....
    Dang!

Feedback Score
    In the same boat here. There is an S7 deal though to my knowledge. I was going to take advantage of it...still listed on website.

Device(s)
    BB Passport and BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by netrammgc View Post
    In the same boat here. There is an S7 deal though to my knowledge. I was going to take advantage of it...still listed on website.
    I was referring to $360 for S7 and S7 Edge that I missed.
    Right now they have a trade-up program, S6 or Iphone6 to S7 for free. I don't think it's a good deal, considering with release of S8 we might start seeing S7 deals again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartBB10 View Post
    I feel like I better port before they end 2 lines for $100 deal.....
    If you're porting in, you still have until March 31st to get the 20% off for life with the TMobile Hookup code from an employee:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...le-Hookup-Code

Sometimes you can find free codes on Reddit. And they are also being sold on ebay. With two lines for $80, you can make up the cost of the code pretty quickly.

Device(s)
    BB Passport and BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    If you're porting in, you still have until March 31st to get the 20% off for life with the TMobile Hookup code from an employee:

Sometimes you can find free codes on Reddit. And they are also being sold on ebay. With two lines for $80, you can make up the cost of the code pretty quickly.
    Never knew there was such a thing. In the past the referral or employee discounts were mainly for 1st month or one time credit.
    I will check the thread later but does that come with any limitations or is it 20% forever regardless of the type of plan?

I was planning to go through Costco but this 20% can save more in the long run.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post

I'm pretty sure reselling these codes is not allowed? The giving codes away is within the realm, the whole point is to attract new customers. I highly doubt Tmobile management intended sales reps to make $$$ off this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I'm pretty sure reselling these codes is not allowed?
    Not allowed by whom? How would T-Mobile even know if they are sold.

I highly doubt Tmobile management intended sales reps to make $$$ off this.
    If a new customer is porting their lines over to T-Mobile, I highly doubt T-Mobile management would care one bit if a rep made a few bucks on the side by selling the code. Some are selling the codes outright. Others are using it in the store they work to close a sale they otherwise may not have had thus adding to their commission.

Either way it's a real benefit to many that the codes can be purchased on ebay as many people don't have the time to chase down a free code that may be posted at a random time in a mega thread on reddit.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I'm pretty sure reselling these codes is not allowed? The giving codes away is within the realm, the whole point is to attract new customers. I highly doubt Tmobile management intended sales reps to make $$$ off this.
    Well if it's not allowed they are getting around it somehow. A couple of my friends have done it. They paid I think $80-$100

Device(s)
    Sony T637
    Carrier(s)
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottneon View Post
    Well if it's not allowed they are getting around it somehow. A couple of my friends have done it. They paid I think $80-$100
    You should have asked your friends to head to twitter and search for tmobile hookup as many of t-mobile rep giving them out for free.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Also a helpful rep on the t-mobile support site sent me one for free as well
    -Ben

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sangleweb View Post
    You should have asked your friends to head to twitter and search for tmobile hookup as many of t-mobile rep giving them out for free.
    His friends may have better things to do with their time than begging for codes from random people on twitter and trying to beat out all of the others who are their scrounging for codes when they are given out.

Feedback Score
    I opened a new account with 2 lines for $100 plus 3rd line free on 3/2, with hook-up too. Just saw first bill and third line was charged $45 (and hookup was not applied either). Had to call to get the credit manually applied. We will see if it gets automatic next billing cycle.