Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Radioshack Closings

Feedback Score
    I see your points. Obviously Sprint is not perfect. Have her for me and the date of that I use why do I care if it's 3G or 4G LTE as long as it does what I need it to do but I have noticed 3G event more often than I am used to from before but it never drops off and it always loads. I never dropped calls and texts never fail which is what's most important to me period I do notice poor data signal sometimes when traveling such as music or whatever will stop for a few seconds and then come back. Open mountains and stuff it is quite a bit of 3G but that is to be expected for me. Usually my friend with T-Mobile doesn't have service either so I'm not all that concerned with it. Sprint doesn't seem to be too terrible you're definitely above average service and they don't suck by any means. Anywhere near a decent size city or even town There's always good service I can usually count on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    I understand. To me as a said the most important thing is that it is a phone. Secondly I have noticed that the LTE Sprint is a little smaller than Verizon where I go but only when outside of City. Traveling usually is great sometimes drops the 3G though but I'm usually always able to do stuff. However my usage needs are very light yeah I think the new unlimited data is sort of pointless and people waste so much data which probably has a lot to do with the congestion. Do two speeds I won't say I never seems those feeds because I have in one location or have a good signal but I can tell that there's congestion as a download speed is 0 point something in the upload is six or seven. However 99% of the time this is our excellent at my current location I have full LTE and did a speed test and got a ridiculous 45 megabytes per second download. As I said I don't care about speeds just to compare and my home Wi-Fi is 3 megabytes per second into me it is blazing ridiculously fast. Maybe you should give them another try if it's been a while I've heard that used to be terrible but they have made significant improvements. I think having a lot of people on One Towers A smart business move if they're wasting money on war stupid hours those are not cheap

Yeah I think you meant to say Sprint's LTE coverage is a lot smaller than Verizon's. Attachment 150106

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Radioshack Closings

Seems to me that people love to bash Sprint Sprint has s***** service Sprint is terrible Sprint is awful. Exedra...They might not have signal everywhere 4 super fast data but you can always know for sure that you're going to get a phone call which is what a cell phone is for by the way...

The days when most people thought the primary purpose of a cell phone is for voice calls are probably over. My 85 year old father in law does think of a cell phone as something to be used for calls.

For many of us a cell phone is more of a portable computer with internet connectivity that can be used for voice calls, navigation, messaging, web browsing, social media, streaming music and video, video calls, etc. The phone app becomes just another infrequently used app on the device.

Personally, I use my cell phone several times a day, and make/receive actual PSTN voice calls perhaps once or twice a month. As such, reliable data is much more important to me than voice. I am happy with perhaps 3Mbps. It doesn't have to be terribly fast.

When Sprint falls back to 3G, or even overloaded band 25 LTE, data is often very slow (sub 1Mbps). For me, and many others in a data-centric world, that isn't a good experience.

If Sprint thinks providing reliable voice is enough, that would explain many of its difficulties.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    I know what you're saying. But I think it's really stupid and ridiculous it's called a cell phone what's wrong with people. I just don't understand it

Feedback Score
    LOL if you don't want to fine just get a freaking tablet

Feedback Score
    I'm just baffled. Dated just feels like a luxury to me if I'm in an emergency I'm going to pick up the phone and call someone not Skype them or text them or Instagram them. If you want to get your work done you do it using the phone. That is just so crazy to me I use about 3000 minutes from month. Couple thousand texts and maybe a half a gigabyte to one gigabyte of data

Feedback Score
    Obviously you can't accept that people use their phones in way other than what you are accustomed to using yours for

Most of people's smartphone use these days is for non-emergencies using data or WiFi. Most of my use is with WiFi .

I'm just baffled. Dated just feels like a luxury to me if I'm in an emergency I'm going to pick up the phone and call someone not Skype them or text them or Instagram them. If you want to get your work done you do it using the phone. That is just so crazy to me I use about 3000 minutes from month. Couple thousand texts and maybe a half a gigabyte to one gigabyte of data

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Obviously you can't accept that people use their phones in way other than what you are accustomed to using yours for

Most of people's smartphone use these days mine is for non-emergencies. Most of my use is with WiFi .
    Yup keyword "smartphone"

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Radioshack Closings

yeah, if I have an emergency where I need to communicate with another person, I will generally also call.

Fortunately, for me, real emergencies are few and far between.

Mostly my work communications are email with some use of signal for sensitive issues. Phone calls are pretty rare in my line of work. My last work related phone call was a few months ago. Urgent/Emergency operational issues generate alerts using the pagerduty app. Most of these alerts are automated based on monitoring/metrics thresholds.

It's almost all data for me, both in my personal life and work life. Data is actually necessary for my job so that I can VPN in and fix stuff. It needs to work reliably, have reasonably low latency, and a few megabits per second of bandwidth. Alas, Sprint falls back to EV-DO too frequently to be useful in this context.

I am not baffled though. You use mostly voice and SMS. That is a perfectly reasonable and common usage pattern.

LOL if you don't want to fine just get a freaking tablet

Even though I don't routinely use voice, I do find it occasionally necessary. I need voice to call 911, which I've done a few times in my life. Also need voice to call AAA if my car breaks down or to take a call from my bank/doctor/dentist/mechanic, etc.

A phone number is still pretty much a necessity, even if used only rarely. It's the lowest common denominator of communications. Almost everyone (in the developed world) has one.

Quote Originally Posted by sprint1
    I know what you're saying. But I think it's really stupid and ridiculous it's called a cell phone what's wrong with people. I just don't understand it
    It's called a "cell phone" for historical reasons as much as anything. 10 years ago, most people didn't carry smartphones. There just weren't as many ways of communicating. I remember around the year 2000, I used close to 1000 minutes a month, and paid a fair bit for that privilege. Now, most of my communications are by other methods, and I make very few voice calls. I don't think there is anything "wrong with people." Just inertia.
    Last edited by mch; 03-26-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Feedback Score

This just sounds like an excuse for the poor network...

Data is increasingly becoming the most important thing on your smartphone. And guess what? Sprint falls short in every possible way.
    Apple iPhone X

Verizon LTE B4+B2

AT&T LTE B2+B17

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Also, when people point this out, it's not a 'true' emergency. If you had such a one, you'd be dialing 911 and if your phone is capable of using an available network, it will be allowed for emergency calls.

Also, your use is atypical these days. Most people don't use nearly that many minutes or texts even and prefer web based solutions solely or at least for the majority.

I'm a bit different in that I use a lot of voice minutes 1500-2000 a month, probably 3-4k texts, and close to 15gb many months of just data.

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    The days when most people thought the primary purpose of a cell phone is for voice calls are probably over. My 85 year old father in law does think of a cell phone as something to be used for calls.

For many of us a cell phone is more of a portable computer with internet connectivity that can be used for voice calls, navigation, messaging, web browsing, social media, streaming music and video, video calls, etc. The phone app becomes just another infrequently used app on the device.

Personally, I use my cell phone several times a day, and make/receive actual PSTN voice calls perhaps once or twice a month. As such, reliable data is much more important to me than voice. I am happy with perhaps 3Mbps. It doesn't have to be terribly fast.

When Sprint falls back to 3G, or even overloaded band 25 LTE, data is often very slow (sub 1Mbps). For me, and many others in a data-centric world, that isn't a good experience.

If Sprint thinks providing reliable voice is enough, that would explain many of its difficulties.
    This is very well put. I think the legacy CDMA networks are kept up with the mindset of calling is great, connecting any call no matter the quality is all that matters, and yeah that's it.

I do think Sprint still has the idea of voice being it. They bought Nextel that only had PTT going for it - that was dying 10 years ago even. Alltel would have made 100% more sense in the long run to have bought for the expansive network it offered.

But, to bring it on topic, Sprint doesn't have a track record of buying companies that make sense.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I must admit I'm having a hard time accepting it. I have a hard time accepting a lot of things about the way our culture is today even though I'm only 21. LOL Anyway I think if it's not meant to be used as a phone and why does it have an earpiece and a microphone on it.

Feedback Score
    A 21 year old troll , really? What do your friends, peers, and family use their smartphones for? For the 1% of the time I use my phone to make phone calls, that earpiece and microphone are actually used. The other 99% for shopping, reading, watching videos, etc they just sit there ready to serve in case I get a phone call or want to make one.

Yeah I must admit I'm having a hard time accepting it. I have a hard time accepting a lot of things about the way our culture is today even though I'm only 21. LOL Anyway I think if it's not meant to be used as a phone and why does it have an earpiece and a microphone on it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    A 21 year old troll , really? What do your friends, peers, and family use their smartphones for? For the 1% of the time I use my phone to make phone calls, that earpiece and microphone are actually used. The other 99% for shopping, reading, watching videos, etc they just sit there ready to serve in case I get a phone call or want to make one.
    There are many other applications or uses for the speaker/ear piece and/or the mic. Yelling at your phone's assistant for example - I love doing that.

Feedback Score
    Good call . I have not graduated to that level yet and forgot about that feature which I see used often by some people around me. I should crawl out of my comfort zone and give it a try .

Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    There are many other applications or uses for the speaker/ear piece and/or the mic. Yelling at your phone's assistant for example - I love doing that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast