Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score

Radioshack Closings

I hate to say I and others who posted awhile back were right:
    http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...tly-for-sprint

I hated that Sprint bought Radioshack and predicted this would fail. Unfortunately, it has failed.

So the lesson:
    1) Retail is dead. Yep, get used to it. (and yes, I'm in an age group that likes retail but just forget about it).
    2) Figure out how to orient 100% of business online.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I bought my first cell phone at a kiosk inside a Walmart. USCC in 1997. That made way more sense. At least there is a lot of traffic in Walmart. But Radio Shack!!!! Seriously?

Feedback Score
    When will Sprint implode or disintegrate and go away?

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    So the lesson:
    1) Retail is dead. Yep, get used to it. (and yes, I'm in an age group that likes retail but just forget about it).

-Dan
    Whenever I go by a Verizon or T-Mobile store they are always swamped. Seems like retail isn't dead, it's just dead for Sprint.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score

Retail

Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Whenever I go by a Verizon or T-Mobile store they are always swamped. Seems like retail isn't dead, it's just dead for Sprint.
    I guess what I wish Sprint would take to heart is that they need to provide a reasonable online method to do all common operations. In other words, if for some reason retail was not an option tomorrow, what would you do?

And certainly expanding retail footprint makes no sense if existing stores aren't busy (which was the case where I live when they bought radio shack).

-Dan

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Project FI
    Feedback Score
    Retail is not dead. Boring mechanical Retail is dead. Walking into a store buying something, then walking out is dead. That is what radio shack is a mechanical retail that left behind it's only differentiation (the parts). What Sprint needs to do is build an experience that compels people to visit Sprint, buy and stay. Maybe a cafe or a video game arcade with charging stations with cleaning stations (wipes to clean ppls phones), while still selling phones and accessory.

Remember Movie theaters were thought to to be all but dead 10 years ago. What brought them back from the brink? Concepts like the Alamo drafthouse that provides an experience (dinner and drinks) that is more than just the movie.

Sprint is just terrible at innovation lately.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    I hate to say I and others who posted awhile back were right:
    http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...tly-for-sprint

I hated that Sprint bought Radioshack and predicted this would fail. Unfortunately, it has failed.

So the lesson:

-Dan
    Such a shame. It seems like one bad business decision after another.

Wasn't the point of the Radio Shack purchases to instantly give Sprint more points of presence for their retail sales channels and effectively forcing Radio Shack to stop selling competitor products?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Such a shame. It seems like one bad business decision after another.

Wasn't the point of the Radio Shack purchases to instantly give Sprint more points of presence for their retail sales channels and effectively forcing Radio Shack to stop selling competitor products?
    Sure but as I and many others said then - what problem was that solving? Getting to a place to buy sprint was never a major issue for any meaningful number of people.

An awful network, restrictive phone policies, and terrible image were and are still major priorities

Feedback Score
    Doesn't matter how many store you have. If the product is perceived as sub par or not worth the money, people won't buy it. Pretty simple Sprint. Here is a tip. Stop spending money on Gigabit speeds and actually use some money to improve your coverage and provide good speeds in the areas you do cover.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I hate this. I always thought RadioShack and Sprint. I always support RadioShack whenever I can and don't see why in the hell people don't like it. Only thing I notice is some of the staff at RadioShack isn't all that nice but some of them really are. People I guess would rather go to stupid Walmart then RadioShack I'm really quite sad about the end of RadioShack I really love those doors but I'll see this also could never any customers in there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Seems to me that people love to bash Sprint Sprint has s***** service Sprint is terrible Sprint is awful. Exedra. Verizon is supposed to be the best. I say all them were about the same strenght is the cheapest for me so I go for them. By the way T-Mobile which everyone seems to be loving and buying at record rates has just as bad as service if not worse than Sprint but for some reason people loved it and never complain and say how wonderful and awesome it is when Sprint is exact same thing but for some reason they hate it. Sprint is great service and since it's CDMA and hardly ever drop the phone call unlike T-Mobile. Up in the mountains trip this weekend to Cherokee my phone on Sprint was the only one that had service in the hotel. Everyone else cricket and T-Mobile have nothing. Sprint is not terrible or crappy. They might not have signal everywhere 4 super fast data but you can always know for sure that you're going to get a phone call which is what a cell phone is for by the way. Sprint has never disappointed me and I think I might have only had one dropped call since having their service and that was more the phone than the service. They've been good to me and I like them quite a lot.

Feedback Score
    I'm not picking on Sprint. They have been very good to me. Yes it's true, you can make and receive phone calls pretty much anywhere with Sprint. That's their best feature. They have roaming agreements with a lot of carriers, mainly Verizon.
    The problem I have with Sprint is their LTE coverage. It's very spotty and has a much smaller footprint than any of the other 3 major carriers.
    Also, just because you have an LTE signal, does not mean you will have usable data. I have had many times where I had good signal strength and was not able to use the data due to congestion. Too few towers means too many people on each tower.
    I wanted to stay with Sprint, but the cost to performance ratio was just not worth it, even at $55/mo unlimited. Great price but can't use data when you need it.

Feedback Score
    I understand. To me as a said the most important thing is that it is a phone. Secondly I have noticed that the LTE Sprint is a little smaller than Verizon where I go but only when outside of City. Traveling usually is great sometimes drops the 3G though but I'm usually always able to do stuff. However my usage needs are very light yeah I think the new unlimited data is sort of pointless and people waste so much data which probably has a lot to do with the congestion. Do two speeds I won't say I never seems those feeds because I have in one location or have a good signal but I can tell that there's congestion as a download speed is 0 point something in the upload is six or seven. However 99% of the time this is our excellent at my current location I have full LTE and did a speed test and got a ridiculous 45 megabytes per second download. As I said I don't care about speeds just to compare and my home Wi-Fi is 3 megabytes per second into me it is blazing ridiculously fast. Maybe you should give them another try if it's been a while I've heard that used to be terrible but they have made significant improvements. I think having a lot of people on One Towers A smart business move if they're wasting money on war stupid hours those are not cheap

Feedback Score
    So are you saying Sprint has a smaller footprint then T-Mobile. I've noticed zero drop calls on Sprint which was not the case with T-Mobile as much as I love them just say that. I like T-Mobile and really almost which to them but dropped calls a little bit too frequently and Sprint is just cheaper if it was the other way around and T-Mobile was cheaper I'll probably still go for them they're not a terrible company at all. They're not terrible and crappy as people say they are they're actually a pretty formidable component and overall a great company but I feel like I get slightly better service with Sprint but maybe that's in my head

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Radioshack Closings

The problem with Sprint is that they aren't doing anything. They talk a lot but produce little result. Can anyone on here name a large substantial network upgrade such as coverage expansion or a large number of B41 being added? Nope, there have just been a few reports here and there, and likely the B41 LTE they have added are just protection sites.

Heck, we still large swaths of 3G only. That's unacceptable for most users and really is why they are the winner in the race to last place.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast