Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket $35/3 GB vs Total Wireless $35 ($33.60) 5GB

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

Cricket $35/3 GB vs Total Wireless $35 ($33.60) 5GB

Has anyone if you used Total wireless $35/5 GB plan? I know it runs on Verizon network completely and capped @5 Mbps with upload capped @2 Mbps. If so, how is the service compared to Cricket $35/3 GB plan?
    I heard Total wireless use Philippines as customer service, and it's horrible ? and many have said it's very difficult to port in and such, any intake compared to Cricket. I love Cricket with all the benefits but AT&T is coming down with 3 Mbps on their unlimited and Gophone plan, so a research into a comparable service is a good things to do. Please don't stray into T-Mobile or Metro, that is off limits
    Thanks
    https://www.totalwireless.com/wps/po...odQlgOiQ#hash2

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why do you want to leave cricket? At 8mbps, it is better than AT&T go phone unlimited. AT&T/cricket would actually be killing themselves if they capped unlimited at 3mbps. With boost and metro competing in the mix, I doubt att would do such a thing.

Sent from my LEX727 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Has anyone if you used Total wireless $35/5 GB plan? I know it runs on Verizon network completely and capped @5 Mbps with upload capped @2 Mbps. If so, how is the service compared to Cricket $35/3 GB plan?
    I heard Total wireless use Philippines as customer service, and it's horrible ? and many have said it's very difficult to port in and such, any intake compared to Cricket. I love Cricket with all the benefits but AT&T is coming down with 3 Mbps on their unlimited and Gophone plan, so a research into a comparable service is a good things to do. Please don't stray into T-Mobile or Metro, that is off limits
    Thanks
    Total Wireless is yet another tracfone child. Absolutely nothing american except the towers. You'll get the same CS as Tracfone, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, Page Plus, etc. It's all the same company "competing" with itself to ensure you're giving them money. Tracfone is owned by America Movile in Mexico. Staying on Cricket at least keeps the money here, as AT&T is an American company. (No, I'm not super political or anything and do not try to start a political debate. Investing in american companies at least pushes for american competition and gives them money to expand their own services.) Any tracfone company is well known for mucking ports, random service problems, random billing issues, and almost impossible to get out of without losing yournumber, CS is completely useless.

Tl;dr if you have tried tracfone/straight talk, expect the same from Total Wireless, same company.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post
    Why do you want to leave cricket? At 8mbps, it is better than AT&T go phone unlimited. AT&T/cricket would actually be killing themselves if they capped unlimited at 3mbps. With boost and metro competing in the mix, I doubt att would do such a thing.

Sent from my LEX727 using HoFo mobile app
    I m not leaving Cricket ! This is part of knowledge educating myself and others to always see "alternative" to Cricket as you know AT&T is crazy hard with 3 Mbps even it's own postpaid, so Cricket is owned by AT&T which means 3 Mbps is foreseeable if not now.... just looking for alternative, this is USA freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    Total Wireless is yet another tracfone child. Absolutely nothing american except the towers. You'll get the same CS as Tracfone, Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, Page Plus, etc. It's all the same company "competing" with itself to ensure you're giving them money. Tracfone is owned by America Movile in Mexico. Staying on Cricket at least keeps the money here, as AT&T is an American company. (No, I'm not super political or anything and do not try to start a political debate. Investing in american companies at least pushes for american competition and gives them money to expand their own services.)

Tl;dr if you have tried tracfone/straight talk, expect the same from Total Wireless, same company.
    Great point.... but has anyone tried out their service ?? I be seen some Youtube about Total wireless $35 plan, so far they love coverage as exactly Verizon but they have hard time with service and porting, just more education and research, that is all. Great point

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think as far as Verizon MVNO's go Boom Mobile is a better alternative to Total Wireless. For $5 more a month with Boom mobile you get 5
    GB's of data. The problem for me is I can't stand Verizon's restrictions on phone's that can be used on their network. If they don't white-list it then it cannot be used. GSM is so much easier. Having said that I have actually been tempted a few times with the $50 Verizon prepaid plan available at Walmart that includes 7GB's. That is a really good deal for Verizon service but not worth dealing with limited phone options.

Also the other issue with Verizon MVNO's is that with most of them you are cut off after you use up you data allotment. At least with Cricket or Gophone you still have throttled data if you exceed your data during a particular month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I think as far as Verizon MVNO's go Boom Mobile is a better alternative to Total Wireless. For $5 more a month with Boom mobile you get 5
    GB's of data. The problem for me is I can't stand Verizon's restrictions on phone's that can be used on their network. If they don't white-list it then it cannot be used. GSM is so much easier. Having said that I have actually been tempted a few times with the $50 Verizon prepaid plan available at Walmart that includes 7GB's. That is a really good deal for Verizon service but not worth dealing with limited phone options.

Also the other issue with Verizon MVNO's is that with most of them you are cut off after you use up you data allotment. At least with Cricket or Gophone you still have throttled data if you exceed your data during a particular month.
    If the phone you want to use has CDMA capabilities, you can always activate with a whitelisted device then switch the SIM to the non-whitelisted phone you want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    If the phone you want to use has CDMA capabilities, you can always activate with a whitelisted device then switch the SIM to the non-whitelisted phone you want to use.

You can put a Verizon SIM into a Sprint CDMA phone and use it on the Verizon network for voice and data?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    You can put a Verizon SIM into a Sprint CDMA phone and use it on the Verizon network for voice and data?
    What device and is it locked to Sprint? CDMA only?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks
    https://www.totalwireless.com/wps/po...odQlgOiQ#hash2
    I've read conflicting experiences on whether native visual voicemail works for iphones... can't find any mention of it on their website.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    As far as coverage, Total Wireless has same coverage as Verizon postpaid, this based on people using it and posted experience on YouTube. I still love to hear from people on this forum who really use Total Wireless service.

Feedback Score
    What device and is it locked to Sprint? CDMA only?
    A Sprint Galaxy S6 edge+. I believe it has both CDMA and GSM.

Feedback Score
    I'd have zero problems using TW if I didn't have to have At&t's coverage. I've got a good friend that is porting over to TW soon because Cricket/At&t coverage is not working out for him. Once setup on autopay ya really don't need to ever use customer service. I think I called Pageplus once in the 4 years I was with them. $60.00 for two lines on TW is a pretty solid deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I'd have zero problems using TW if I didn't have to have At&t's coverage. I've got a good friend that is porting over to TW soon because Cricket/At&t coverage is not working out for him. Once setup on autopay ya really don't need to ever use customer service. I think I called Pageplus once in the 4 years I was with them. $60.00 for two lines on TW is a pretty solid deal.
    Data rollover with no expiration ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A Sprint Galaxy S6 edge+. I believe it has both CDMA and GSM.
    If it does and if it is unlocked from Sprint, shouldn't be an issue. Like I said, you just can't activate it using that phone but an activated SIM can be used.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Data rollover with no expiration ?
    I believe only the data add on rolls over for as long as you keep the plan active.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast