Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GoPhone vs. AT&T Postpaid Unlimited Pricing

Feedback Score

GoPhone vs. AT&T Postpaid Unlimited Pricing

Is AT&T postpaid now actually less expensive that GoPhone for unlimited service?

The following is AT&T postpaid's pricing (Number of lines, price):

AT&T Choice:
    1: $60
    2: $115
    3: $135
    4: $155
    5: $175
    6: $195
    7: $215
    8: $235
    9: $255
    10: $275

AT&T Plus:
    1: $90
    2: $145
    3: $165
    4: $185
    5: $205
    6: $225
    7: $245
    8: $265
    9: $285
    10: $305

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

Effectively, with multiline discounts, you can get unlimited data, talk and text directly with AT&T postpaid service for about $30 per month, per line. How is GoPhone competitive with that?

Feedback Score
    where I live you basically have to tack on +20% extra to the cost of postpaid services

Feedback Score
    Even with additional taxes, $30 per month for unlimited high speed data, voice and text on the postpaid service of AT&T is hard for GoPhone -- or even any MVNO -- to beat in value or cost.

Device(s)
    iphone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    For our multi line account, post paid unlimited with hotspot (Plus plan) with taxes is the cheaper option. Plus we have the added bonus of monthly credit for 3 iphones from different AT&T promotions over the last year. Calculate the cost for each based on the number of lines & usage to see which plan is best for you. For some the $30 Cricket plan is more than enough cell service.

Feedback Score
    Only paying $20 for additional lines 3-10 for Unlimited Plus seems like a steal! Do these plans require a contract or has AT&T eliminated contracts?

Feedback Score
    No contract is required for post paid AT&T. An ETF applies with credits for new phones which is the new version of the contract.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I personally don't like the pricing structure as people with only 1 or 2 lines are almost penalized for not having more lines.
    $145 for 2 lines is crazy (plus taxes and fees), even if I used my 23% FAN Discount.
    The $40 6GB GoPhone plan is a far better option for me.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Even with additional taxes, $30 per month for unlimited high speed data, voice and text on the postpaid service of AT&T is hard for GoPhone -- or even any MVNO -- to beat in value or cost.
    If you're interested in unlimited, gophone isn't the best. Heck, even cricket's unlimited plan is better than the gophone one

Feedback Score
    Right, but AT&T's new postpaid unlimited plan is even better than most GoPhone and MVNO NON-unlimited plans, considering you can get AT&T postpaid service with multiline discounts for $30/month.

Feedback Score
    Right, but AT&T's new postpaid unlimited plan is even better than most GoPhone and MVNO NON-unlimited plans, considering you can get AT&T postpaid service with multiline discounts for $30/month.
    Aren't the taxes higher with postpaid than they are on GoPhone? This would drive the cost up more on the postpaid service.

Sent from my iPhone iPhone 7 Plus.

Device(s)
    iphone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen89 View Post
    Aren't the taxes higher with postpaid than they are on GoPhone? This would drive the cost up more on the postpaid service.

Sent from my iPhone iPhone 7 Plus.
    The taxes are higher but the total cost for me including AT&T post paid taxes is cheaper for the number of lines and service than Go Phone or Cricket. AT&T is providing monthly credit for 3 iphones which would be an upfront out of pocket cost with prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Marty View Post
    Plus we have the added bonus of monthly credit for 3 iphones from different AT&T promotions over the last year.
    You bought three insanely over-priced phones, but the promotions lower your total cost from insanely over-priced to extremely over-priced. How delightful.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    You make the assumption every household has a tribe of family members and every one of them needs unlimited data.

It would cost me about 137.00 on a two line plan.

I can use GoPhone for 103.50 with the second line discount and Calling Mart refills.

I don't need unlimited so two 6GB lines would cost about 76.50 which is a big difference.

It all depends on your situation and needs.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iphone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    You bought three insanely over-priced phones, but the promotions lower your total cost from insanely over-priced to extremely over-priced. How delightful.
    Not really. My postpaid bill is cheaper than prepaid which is delightful. The 3 phones overprices phones are free which delightful.

Prepaid multi line plans are not always cheaper with prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    If AT&T, T Mobile and Verizon are giving a monthly credit for the phone, how is $0.00 paid for the phone overpriced?

For my my 5 lines, AT&T and T Mobile are cheaper than prepaid. The cost paradigm has shifted between prepaid and post paid based on the number of lines for the plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast