Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid vs. Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Pricing

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid vs. Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Pricing

How is Verizon prepaid (or, for that matter, any Verizon MVNO) competitive now with the new pricing directly from Verizon's postpaid plan for unlimited data, talk and text?

The Verizon postpaid's pricing for the unlimited plan on a multiline account is $100 + $20 per line. (After the $10 auto-bill discount.) And you can have up to ten lines. So ten lines, for example, would cost $300 per month. That's an effective price of $30 per line, per month. For unlimited everything. On Verizon postpaid service.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Depends on what you need. For one line, prepaid is likely cheaper if your data needs are low-ish. I get 7 GB for $48 (no tax) on prepaid. All postpaid features. My usage is 3 GB at the most (unless on a vacation/road trip).

If you have a family, the postpaid unlimited plan might be better, but like I said, it just depends on what everyone's needs are. It's beneficial to do you research before making a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you'd pool your line to share a Verizon postpaid account with other people, you could pay $30/month for on unlimited everything directly on Verizon postpaid rather than pay $48/month for 7 GB.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    If you'd pool your line to share a Verizon postpaid account with other people, you could pay $30/month for on unlimited everything directly on Verizon postpaid rather than pay $48/month for 7 GB.
    I don't trust anyone when it comes to that. Only one I trust with that is my fiancé, and he's going to prepaid as soon as he gets a new job.

Feedback Score
    Hard to say. Verizon postpaid unlimited has had so much impact that ALL of the major players in prepaid wireless BUT Tracfone and Verizon prepaid itself have responded. If you are into single line lower data plans then Verizon prepaid might still be okay especially if you're in a high tax area but overall Verizon postpaid unlimited has honestly been one of the most disruptive offers I've seen in a long time. On a side note, that's why Sprint keeps losing. They spend two years "relaunching ' Virgin Mobile saying it's going to be a disruptor but they don't take into account that others can disrupt their disruption! Sprint is seeing history repeat itself as they were a disruptor when they launched the first 4G network with WiMAX and thought they had a stroll in the park but that lead lasted only six months and Verizon came out with their LTE move, stole Sprint's thunder and now Wimax is relegated to the dustbin of dead wireless technologies (at least in the United States). You snooze, you lose. Now we'll have to wait and see if Verizon is going to keep having postpaid have a huge advantage over prepaid. Honestly, I think they will because they'd rather not lose postpaid people to prepaid and prepaid is seen as a net to catch postpaid people from going to the competitor's prepaid. So it's kind of hard to position Verizon prepaid. They have a fine line to walk. Don't cannibalize postpaid that much but if someone leaves you for something else better Verizon prepaid then someone elses. Hard to do that when 1)Postpaid is offering more overall. 2)Competitors' prepaid is offering more then Verizon prepaid. Even Att's lame Gophone plan is SOME (yeah, again lame) move towards the right direction. (needs to be cheaper or allow hotspotting/facetime). Just my two bits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    If you have a family, the postpaid unlimited plan might be better, but like I said, it just depends on what everyone's needs are. It's beneficial to do you research before making a decision.
    Completely agree. With some post paid promotions, a free iPhone or Samsung phone is included as a monthly credit. The decision includes more individual variables.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Completely agree. With some post paid promotions, a free iPhone or Samsung phone is included as a monthly credit. The decision includes more individual variables.
    Even a single line sometimes makes sense. Take a current promotion on one of the phones typically $700 that there is a promo for $3 after bill credits. On a single line the service is $55 for 5GB with no overages which is similar to the $50 plan with 5GB. Now you pay $58 + tax and you get a decent phone. You do get tied down for 2 years but if you like the VZ service and if you also get a work discount, it starts to blur the line - for a couple of dollars a month more (less than $10) you have phone and service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    Even a single line sometimes makes sense. Take a current promotion on one of the phones typically $700 that there is a promo for $3 after bill credits. On a single line the service is $55 for 5GB with no overages which is similar to the $50 plan with 5GB. Now you pay $58 + tax and you get a decent phone. You do get tied down for 2 years but if you like the VZ service and if you also get a work discount, it starts to blur the line - for a couple of dollars a month more (less than $10) you have phone and service.
    That's a good example for some one who wants the latest phone at a huge discount with no large out of pocket $$$.

If I were on a single line plan, I would switch between Verizon and AT&T for the promotions. That's a little more difficult with multiple lines activated at different times.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Depends on what you need.

I get 7 GB for $48 (no tax) on prepaid. All postpaid features.

It's beneficial to do you research before making a decision.
    It's always beneficial (and smart) to research all your options based on your needs.

You are not however getting all postpaid features.

No or limited roaming.

No NFL Mobile streaming live games and programs with other benefits that don't count against data usage.

No FIOS Mobile programs data free.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i was on pre-pay for total of $76 a month 10gig plan. i went post paid for a total of $86 a month unl-plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    i was on pre-pay for total of $76 a month 10gig plan. i went post paid for a total of $86 a month unl-plan.
    Using the Wal-Mart plan and Callingmart discounts you could get 12GB for about 66.00 which isn't outrageous.

How do you get the postpaid plan for only 86.00?
    I'd be looking at about 96.00 a month after the usual taxes and fees imposed on prepaid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid vs. Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Using the Wal-Mart plan and Callingmart discounts you could get 12GB for about 66.00 which isn't outrageous.

How do you get the postpaid plan for only 86.00?
    I'd be looking at about 96.00 a month after the usual taxes and fees imposed on prepaid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I added Insurance for my iPhone that's $11

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1490685854.055943.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  26.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Here's a quick question about it. If wrong place I'm sorry but did some of you say with Verizon prepaid you'll get more LTE coverage than with postpaid with some areas only getting 3G coverage?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Here's a quick question about it. If wrong place I'm sorry but did some of you say with Verizon prepaid you'll get more LTE coverage than with postpaid with some areas only getting 3G coverage?
    Did you check any posts to answer your own question?

It's REMOTELY possible that there are LTE roaming agreements where Verizon only has 3G coverage but that seems unlikely.

If it's that important to you why not check the prepaid coverage map where you need service?

Feedback Score

Red face

Depends on what you need. For one line, prepaid is likely cheaper if your data needs are low-ish. I get 7 GB for $48 (no tax) on prepaid. All postpaid features. My usage is 3 GB at the most (unless on a vacation/road trip).

Hi, I'm so glad I see your post before I upgrade my plan. Simply wondering what prepaid plan it is that you can have 7GB for only $48? That's actually quite sweet. I wanna get onto that plan too.

Thank you,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast