Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best way to park cell phone number?

Feedback Score

Best way to park cell phone number?

I want to keep some cell phone numbers for 3-4 months. Is any best way to park cell phone number using less $$?

Feedback Score
    You can port it to Google Voice for a one-time only fee of $20.

Or you can port it to Tello with a five dollar top up. (You need to make one phone call every six months.) You'll need an unused Sprint phone (or at least an ESN) to use Tello.

Feedback Score
    SidelineNumber is another option. You just need one call/text per month to keep number . The other option with them is to pay a fee. sidelinenumber.com

Feedback Score
    number barn?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Most economic way to park a telephone number

Sideline has hidden requirement of having a MDN(Mobile Directory Number) to receive forwarding calls made to the second number in this case will be your port-in number to be parked. In other words, you cannot use VoIP (which includes, but not limited to, numbers from Google Voice, FreedomPop, RingTo and Callcentric) or landline numbers. You must use phone number serviced by a mobile phone carrier either directly or via a MVNO.

I believe the most economic way to park a telephone number is purchase a FreedomPop AT&T SIM for 99˘+tax or $1.99+tax if you want to have a selfie stick then port your number want to be parked into the account with the SIM.

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Google voice you can keep parked for awhile... I've been using my number on google voice for about 2 years now

Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=trebuchet ms]Sideline has hidden requirement of having a MDN(Mobile Directory Number) to receive forwarding calls made to the second number in this case will be your port-in number to be parked. In other words, you cannot use VoIP (which includes, but not limited to, numbers from Google Voice, FreedomPop, RingTo and Callcentric) or landline numbers. You must use phone number serviced by a mobile phone carrier either directly or via a MVNO.
    I'd say it a different way: IF you have a traditional cell phone number from a carrier and a smartphone, THEN
    Sideline is the cheapest way to park a number. Free to port in, free to port out, and no usage requirements. But if you don't have a cell phone line to link it with, then it won't work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post

I believe the most economic way to park a telephone number is purchase a FreedomPop AT&T SIM for 99˘+tax or $1.99+tax if you want to have a selfie stick then port your number want to be parked into the account with the SIM.
    Yes, but freedompop charges $9.99 to port in a number.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up FreedomPop always charge $9.99 for port-in

Quote Originally Posted by larrycl View Post
    Yes, but freedompop charges $9.99 to port in a number.
    Thank you very much for pointing this out, I thought "Price: $9.99 per number transferred" is only for people already got a number from FreedomPop. Upon checking with an account has not got a number yet, I can confirm you are absolutely correct, FreedomPop always charge $9.99 for port-in.

Quote Originally Posted by larrycl View Post
    I'd say it a different way: IF you have a traditional cell phone number from a carrier and a smartphone, THEN
    Sideline is the cheapest way to park a number. Free to port in, free to port out, and no usage requirements. But if you don't have a cell phone line to link it with, then it won't work for you.
    As far as I know, there is no "traditional cell phone number from a carrier and a smartphone" for free except phone from government subsidized lifeline program.

Feedback Score
    if you have a sprint phone: search online and get a $25 ting referral. it costs $7 and change for no usage, but will deduct that amount from your referral credit first. So it should last 3 months at least.

Feedback Score

Park multiple phone numbers

Hello,

What is an inexpensive and reliable option to port and park multiple (25+) phone numbers?

I have looked at many of the options mentioned here and elsewhere: freedompop, Google Voice, Sideline, Speakout, Callcentric, Fongo, Portal Network. None of these are viable, either due to the cost or because they don't provide such a service. Ideally I'd like to see a fixed cost of about $10/mo for parking all 25 numbers, but I think that may be asking too much.

Twilio seems to be an option, as does voip.ms. Does anyone have any experience with these two?

Thanks,
    Joe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joecali View Post
    Hello,

What is an inexpensive and reliable option to port and park multiple (25+) phone numbers?

I have looked at many of the options mentioned here and elsewhere: freedompop, Google Voice, Sideline, Speakout, Callcentric, Fongo, Portal Network. None of these are viable, either due to the cost or because they don't provide such a service. Ideally I'd like to see a fixed cost of about $10/mo for parking all 25 numbers, but I think that may be asking too much.

Twilio seems to be an option, as does voip.ms. Does anyone have any experience with these two?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Sprint free year if your phone qualifies
    Virgin mobile $1 a year but I think that's only iphone compatible

Feedback Score
    Number barn maybe an option

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    H2O paygo 90 days $10
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone who responded. Unfortunately, while these are OK for 1 or 2 numbers, they are not good options for a larger set of numbers..

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joecali View Post
    Thanks everyone who responded. Unfortunately, while these are OK for 1 or 2 numbers, they are not good options for a larger set of numbers..
    Please let us know if you find anything good. I see $3/mo by doing a Google search, but that wouldn't be very economical for 25 #s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast