Thread: s7 or s7 Edge?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

s7 or s7 Edge?

yea the s7 might be a tap old but i was wondering which one i should get?

Edge has longer battery life, thats all i can really in the difference or am i missing something?

i will be using it on t-mobile (metro pcs)

does it matter if its a ATT branded or t-mobile branded?

read something that the ATT branded HD/VOLTE wont work on t-mobiles network?

ill prob be sticking with metro pcs (im on a promo plan,good price on plan) but might switch to ATT in the near future

what phone should i get?

thanks
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    You don't need the edge screen. Total gimmick.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thats that i thought but edge has a bigger battery and bigger screen

how about the VOLTE/wifi working on the unlock/ATT model on t-mobile?

Feedback Score
    There are just a bit of feature difference between the two. For better battery and wide screen go for Edge.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    is there a special model number i should look for? s7 edge i guess ill go with

Device(s)
    LG Motion 4G LTE (Nokia 5230 - former)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I've been researching this all day today b/c I'm about to switch from MetroPCS to T-Mobile One plan.

I have Metro's $30 unlimited talk + text plan with 2GB of 4G data, but feel I've outgrown the caps. What's nice, though is that I can still buy 1G of data for $5/month. Still, that can't compete with 30G/month + tethering.

Back on topic...

I've decided on the S7 Edge mainly because of the battery, which lasts 20 - 30% longer, which is a huge deal. The extra screen real estate isn't a big deal to me.

Which color looks best for the S7 Edge?

I can't afford Pearl Black (which comes with 128GB of storage). But I do like Black Onyx, Platinum (silver), and Gold in that order.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Telemakhos View Post
    I've been researching this all day today b/c I'm about to switch from MetroPCS to T-Mobile One plan.

I have Metro's $30 unlimited talk + text plan with 2GB of 4G data, but feel I've outgrown the caps. What's nice, though is that I can still buy 1G of data for $5/month. Still, that can't compete with 30G/month + tethering.

Back on topic...

I've decided on the S7 Edge mainly because of the battery, which lasts 20 - 30% longer, which is a huge deal. The extra screen real estate isn't a big deal to me.

Which color looks best for the S7 Edge?

I can't afford Pearl Black (which comes with 128GB of storage). But I do like Black Onyx, Platinum (silver), and Gold in that order.
    im with metro pcs as well, im a promo plan of $50 its the $60 plan but $10 cheaper so i wont be moving from metro..i get 30GB (before throttling) and 8GB of tethering..so ill be using the phone with metro

on t-mobiles web site they have the s7 edge 32GB on sale for $480 its a good price for a brand new phone but i was going to get a used one but not sure what to do now..well heres the link

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/...galaxy-s7-edge

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i for got about this .. what about the Samsung Galaxy S7 active?? will it work on t-mobile without issues?...will VOLTE work? software updates? able to lock into any 3G/LTE band using the *#2263# code?..i know wifi calling wont work

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    That's an awesome deal, as well. But consider T-Mobile's deal is for two lines.

Also, Metro only gets 72% of T-Mobile's towers, so the network is wider with T-Mobile.

Metro served its purpose, but I think it's time to upgrade and future proof.

The T-Mobile One plan has a ton of benefits, including video streaming at 720 instead of 480.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, they don't offer Black Onyx. I think that color looks the best.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    im with metro pcs as well, im a promo plan of $50 its the $60 plan but $10 cheaper so i wont be moving from metro..i get 30GB (before throttling) and 8GB of tethering..so ill be using the phone with metro

on t-mobiles web site they have the s7 edge 32GB on sale for $480 its a good price for a brand new phone but i was going to get a used one but not sure what to do now..well heres the link

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/...galaxy-s7-edge

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's an awesome deal, as well. But consider T-Mobile's deal is for two lines.

Also, Metro only gets 72% of T-Mobile's towers, so the network is wider with T-Mobile.

Metro served its purpose, but I think it's time to upgrade and future proof.

The T-Mobile One plan has a ton of benefits, including video streaming at 720 instead of 480.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, they don't offer Black Onyx. I think that color looks the best.

where did u get this info at??

Metro PCS has access to the whole T-Mobile network

the $50 plan for Metro is limited to 480p, the $60 plan (is what i have but at the price of $50) has 1080p and 30GB of data before they start to throttle

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I ordered an S7 Edge today in Black Onyx. Ebay had a 10% coupon to use by the end of tonight, so I said, Why not?

It'll cost roughly $400 and is new. Not a bad deal.

I almost bought the Samsung J7 (found it at a MetroPCS store), but glad I wasn't able to buy it.

Moving forward, I'll just get flagship phones (or flagship killers) and use data the way it was meant to be used instead of being held back by a 2GB/month cap.

Moving forward...

Quote Originally Posted by NISHANA116 View Post
    There are just a bit of feature difference between the two. For better battery and wide screen go for Edge.

I was told that by a T-Mobile employee. I always thought it was the case that MetroPCS didn't have the same range and also took a back seat when it came to cell tower priority, as well. No true?

Also, is it possible to switch streaming to 1080p at the cost of more data?

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    where did u get this info at??

Metro PCS has access to the whole T-Mobile network

the $50 plan for Metro is limited to 480p, the $60 plan (is what i have but at the price of $50) has 1080p and 30GB of data before they start to throttle

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered an S7 Edge today in Black Onyx. Ebay had a 10% coupon to use by the end of tonight, so I said, Why not?

It'll cost roughly $400 and is new. Not a bad deal.

I almost bought the Samsung J7 (found it at a MetroPCS store), but glad I wasn't able to buy it.

Moving forward, I'll just get flagship phones (or flagship killers) and use data the way it was meant to be used instead of being held back by a 2GB/month cap.

Moving forward...

I was told that by a T-Mobile employee. I always thought it was the case that MetroPCS didn't have the same range and also took a back seat when it came to cell tower priority, as well. No true?

Also, is it possible to switch streaming to 1080p at the cost of more data?
    the only reason they said that is to get u on tmobile postpaid because ull be paying alot more per month than u would with metro pcs..

metro pcs had the same coverage as t-mobile/t-mobile prepaid, they dont limit u on which tower ur phone can connect to

cell tower priority-yes this is true, if ur on metro pcs thats on a overloaded tower, all the t-mobile customers comes first..if u want to continue this chat please open a new thread because this thread is talking about samsung s7 phones

Device(s)
    Currently on a LG V10 (CDMA) & a Galaxy S4 (PCS)
    Carrier(s)
    Best Cellular (CDMA) personal, Best Cellular (PCS) business
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently using an LG V10 with a 9000mAh ZeroLemon battery, but strongly considering the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge after reading Howard's review of them. Was thinking maybe just the S7 because I'm not a fan of the curved (distorted) screens or the ease to bump something you didn't want to touch. I also don't like how they're slick/ harder to hold but the battery life is impressive!
    Activate your phone online with Best Cellular

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestCellular View Post
    I'm currently using an LG V10 with a 9000mAh ZeroLemon battery, but strongly considering the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge after reading Howard's review of them. Was thinking maybe just the S7 because I'm not a fan of the curved (distorted) screens or the ease to bump something you didn't want to touch. I also don't like how they're slick/ harder to hold but the battery life is impressive!
    always get a very good phone case!

Device(s)
    Xperia Z2
    Feedback Score
    I am thinking about buying Galaxy S7 Edge because it looks more cool than Galaxy S7 due to curved screen.