Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picture messaging charges

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score

Picture messaging charges

So as the title says, I'm getting charged every time I sent a picture within a text message. I've reluctantly called Koodo once about this and they did a credit, but it's still happening. Anything I can do instead of calling in? I'm on the QC56 plan with a AB#.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    no one has any thoughts? I should just keep paying the fees for text people pictures??

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Have you checked your APN, and made sure it is correct? Is the account provisioned with the correct SOC? Are you near a border, and are roaming?

I guess if all else fails, you could use Signal or similar for text, and use data / wifi.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    What kind of phone and what are your apn settings for mms?

Sent from my Pixel using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I'm using an iPhone 6,
    If I go in settings, cellular, cellular data options, cellular data network, there is where APN settings are.
    There are 4 different sections, I have cellular data, visual voicemail, mms, personal hotspot, for all 4 APN is set to "sp.koodo.com" all locations username and password are blank. Only mms has couple extra lines, one being MMSC which has "http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
    and theres also MMS proxy which has an IP address, dont want to publish it as i dont know if its generic or specific to my phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Have you checked your APN, and made sure it is correct? Is the account provisioned with the correct SOC? Are you near a border, and are roaming?

I guess if all else fails, you could use Signal or similar for text, and use data / wifi.
    As far as I know the APN settings are as provisioned to my phone by koodo, a reset network settings has been performed. I don't know how I can check if my account has be provisioned with the correct SOC. What is SOC? I'm no where near a border, therefore its impossible I'm roaming. To add, data roaming is turned off. I was really looking forward from switching from my previous provider to be able to txt pictures now instead of using third party apps like FB Messenger which im guessing "Signal" is more or less the same.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've also followed these intructions and still get charged..
    https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settin...e_iphone_6.php

Also gonna add, my second lines which is using a Samsung Galaxy S5 is also getting charged.. IMHO something is not setup right on koodo's end but what can I do???

Feedback Score
    iPhones should set themselves up for the most part unless you are someone like public mobile which required manual apn settings on older iOS. Can you go into the actual MMS, like you can edit it?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3216 View Post
    iPhones should set themselves up for the most part unless you are someone like public mobile which required manual apn settings on older iOS. Can you go into the actual MMS, like you can edit it?

I sure can, here is what's currently put in place.

Feedback Score
    I use a Pixel but will throw my Sim in my i7 later to see what happens and will let you know. I am running iOS 10 beta on my i7. What iOS are you using?

Feedback Score

This is my setup.

Feedback Score
    As you can see the two fields after mms proxy are blank. This was from my i7.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3216 View Post
    As you can see the two fields after mms proxy are blank. This was from my i7.

Mine were originally blank as well, in one of my earlier posts I posted a link to recommended APN settings. So with our without those two lines filled, I get charged.

Feedback Score
    Odd as I was using it on the i7 for over a month and I send lots of pics while at work. Never got charged at all.

Feedback Score
    Well, local & international SMS & MMS are supposed to be included with all of their plans. Something needs to be fixed at koodo's end but that mean calling their CS. Its hard to call them when you are on a plan that you'r not supposed to have so its either you take the risk by calling them or keep paying the price for having an out of province plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast