Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Picture messaging charges

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's 2017. Why limit yourself to MMS when there is a ton of messaging apps that use data and have far better options including picture sharing?
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    It's 2017. Why limit yourself to MMS when there is a ton of messaging apps that use data and have far better options including picture sharing?
    It is 2017, but the issue with using third party apps for picture messaging is that the receivers also require that app. Some people simply dont have any interest of installing such apps for certain individuals to receive pictures. One could say the same with airtime minutes, why have unlimited? there are so many other options for free voice calling out there, right?

Feedback Score
    I'm having the same issue, ported my number over on Friday when my billing cycle changed. Just tested it out sending a pic to a friend without and iPhone, and my usage is showing $.30 for a picture message. Luckily I don't know too many people that I don't use iMessage with. So I'm not going to worry about it yet. But if anyone has a solution, send it over. I'm on the $56 QC plan.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bertod View Post
    I'm having the same issue, ported my number over on Friday when my billing cycle changed. Just tested it out sending a pic to a friend without and iPhone, and my usage is showing $.30 for a picture message. Luckily I don't know too many people that I don't use iMessage with. So I'm not going to worry about it yet. But if anyone has a solution, send it over. I'm on the $56 QC plan.
    Curious about your situation, are you using Visual Voicemail with you iPhone.. Again I'm pointing the blame at koodo, but when I first signed up at the kiosk with a $30 plan, I added VVM, and it worked just fine, when I changed my number to QC and plan to QC56, VVM stopped working, I called koodo, they said it was an apple issue, my phone was at fault, made me do a network reset, still same issue, L2 support removed VVM and reapplied it, then it worked. When I ported my AB number, same issue happened, but since I saw what Koodo did, I did it via selfserve and fixed the issue. Unfortunately now, I cant just delete/add options as such for picture messaging..

Feedback Score
    Hmm, yes I'm using VVM but I added it myself, it wasn't working at first, so I set up regular VM, deleted it then re-added it and it's been working fine since then. I did get billed for it twice at $2 and again $2 but I think it might be the first bill thing and it's only $2 so I'm going to wait and see what happens for the next bill before I do anything.

I've got a BC number so I'd rather not draw any attention to my account, but I do have a legit Quebec address I can use as my family is from Quebec. But still easier to not have to get into that.

And I made the VVM change after I ported my BC number in.

Feedback Score
    How did it go talking with support? Was there any hint that what you were doing wasn't allowed?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How did it go talking with support? Was there any hint that what you were doing wasn't allowed?
    I haven't called in again about it. I will wait till my bill is issued.

Feedback Score
    Ah, so the first time you called in you hadn't ported your number over yet?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah, so the first time you called in you hadn't ported your number over yet?
    I did call in with my number ported, but the CSR didn't quite understand it first about the charges as they weren't on my bill, then I had to explain that this was happening right now, then she saw and applied a credit to cover the charge. She said if it happens again call back and will look into it further. So I figured I'll wait atlease till next billing cycle so that way they see the charge, perhaps know how to fix it but then again do I risk my plans?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2