Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop questions

Feedback Score

FreedomPop questions

I noticed on one of my FreedomPop accounts it requires a $5 deposit to disable auto top-up but on another account it does not require the $5. The former account is a LTE SIM while the latter account is a hotspot. The hotspot account (which doesn't have the $5 requirement) also has a paid monthly plan as well as rollover service (if either of those facts are relevant to this), while the LTE SIM account is completely free.

1. Is there an official policy that allows turning off auto top-up without the $5 deposit in certain circumstances?

There are two rollover plans. One for $6.99 that rolls over up to 1 GB/month allowing a total accumulation of up to 40 GB and a $3.99 plan that rolls over up to 500 MB/month and holds an accumulation up to 20 GB.

2. How can I switch between the $3.99 and $6.99 rollover plans without losing my current accumulated data?

When going to My Account/Services on some FreedomPop accounts I see more services available than in other FP accounts. Why is that?

3. I also believe I once saw a direct link in HoFo that went to a FP page with much more services listed than what I get by going through the website menu. Does anyone have that link?

4. What is the phone number to FreedomPop? Are there several (different departments or priorities)? I cannot seem to find it listed on the website (even on a paid account) - is it anywhere there? And if you call them regarding a free account will they help you?

Thanks
    Last edited by josephf; 03-18-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, Piranha, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    In my experience, finding FP "official policy" is quite a task if it's not mentioned in their terms and conditions page. It seems their approach is to intentionally keep their customers in the dark. I wonder, though, if you're not being asked for the $5 deposit on the hotspot SIM because it's on a paid plan. It would be interesting to see if things changed if you changed it to a free plan.

As for the rollover plans, are you sure you got those straight? Are those for different services, or are you seeing both options on the same SIM? It doesn't make sense why you'd want to pay $6.99/month for less. Also, I remember reading somewhere that the $3.99 rollover plan was limited to banking 500MB/month.

This may be the account services link you're asking about: https://www.freedompop.com/acct_services.htm

As for contacting them, I've read elsewhere that the best results come from contacting them through Twitter.

Out of curiosity, is the hotspot account (that didn't require $5 deposit) an LTE SIM that came with a hotspot device?

Feedback Score
    I transposed the two different rollover plans (now corrected). The $3.99 (FP Rollover) is for 500 MB/m up to 20 GB while the $6.99 plan (FP Rollover Plus) is 1 GB/m up to 40 GB. The lower rollover plan is also available as part of service packages with some other services bundled (Premium Plus for $7.99 & Premier for $10.99.)

The FP hotspot I have runs on the Sprint network and I never checked if it uses a SIM card.

I found this page very helpful: http://www.cranialborborygmus.com/Fr...sim-review.htm

What does FreedomPop Premium Support give you?

If contacting them via Twitter or Facebook, it is best to private message them or better to post to them publicly? Are they also as responsive on their forum, or any other forum, as they are on Twitter and Facebook?
    Last edited by josephf; 03-18-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    I transposed the two different rollover plans (now corrected). The $3.99 (FP Rollover) is for 500 MB/m up to 20 GB while the $6.99 plan (FP Rollover Plus) is 1 GB/m up to 40 GB. The lower rollover plan is also available as part of service packages with some other services bundled (Premium Plus for $7.99 & Premier for $10.99.)

The FP hotspot I have runs on the Sprint network and I never checked if it uses a SIM card.

What does FreedomPop Premium Support give you?

If contacting them via Twitter or Facebook, it is best to private message them or better to post to them publicly? Are they also as responsive on their forum, or any other forum, as they are on Twitter and Facebook?
    They are more responsive on social media channels than elsewhere, and the experienced representatives/moderators are in charge of those channels. PM'ing on Slickdeals would work as well if needed. You should PM them on Twitter, and they will respond within 1 Business Day.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Old accounts didn't need the $5 credit with auto top off disabled. They implemented it a couple of years ago.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    Old accounts didn't need the $5 credit with auto top off disabled. They implemented it a couple of years ago.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    It was only last year that they started making changes to the Top-Up rules.

Feedback Score
    I found with the following link you can get the normally $3.99 rollover plan for $1.99:

https://www.freedompop.com/acct_serv...=OFFER-ROLL-07

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    I found with the following link you can get the normally $3.99 rollover plan for $1.99:

https://www.freedompop.com/acct_serv...=OFFER-ROLL-07
    Is this permanent or does it expire?

Feedback Score
    It's been available for years.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Question: I just signed up for FP for my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet.
    I paid $20 for activation and got put on the "Tablet 2GB" plan, which currently says $0.00/month.

Is this a real "free" plan or will the cost change after the first month? I see no way of downgrading this plan, unlike another phone account that was downgradable and is on the std free 200/500/500 plan.

It did of course also stick me on $10/mo of "services", which I was able to cancel/downgrade...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I paid $20 for activation and got put on the "Tablet 2GB" plan, which currently says $0.00/month.
    Did you not try
    http://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo8?
    for 99 cent activation?
    "Now allowing Hotspots and Tablets! Get FREE Activation and FREE trial of out 1GB data plan through our BYOD Program!"

The 99 cent offer is online only, you do not get it if you call in.

There is no 2 GB per month free plan though at the moment that anybody is aware of so it must be a trial and if you still have it you need to find a way to downgrade it before 30 days. Unless possibly it was a signup bonus in which case it will show as Free Data.

Look under Services as well as under Plans. It may be there.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Did you not try
    http://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo8?
    for 99 cent activation?
    "Now allowing Hotspots and Tablets! Get FREE Activation and FREE trial of out 1GB data plan through our BYOD Program!"

The 99 cent offer is online only, you do not get it if you call in.

There is no 2 GB per month free plan though at the moment that anybody is aware of so it must be a trial and if you still have it you need to find a way to downgrade it before 30 days. Unless possibly it was a signup bonus in which case it will show as Free Data.

Look under Services as well as under Plans. It may be there.
    I tried byodpromo8... many times actually. Despite what the webpage says, it only works for phones, not tablets. I got a phone on it, but try as I might, the tablet would not take. I decided to cough up the $20 activation for the tablet... but I'd like to know what are the free plan possibilities are for tablets. FP CS was unhelpful in getting byodpromo8 to work for the tablet...

Feedback Score
    I tried byodpromo8... many times actually. Despite what the webpage says, it only works for phones, not tablets. I got a phone on it, but try as I might, the tablet would not take. I decided to cough up the $20 activation for the tablet... but I'd like to know what are the free plan possibilities are for tablets. FP CS was unhelpful in getting byodpromo8 to work for the tablet...
    OK you tried. That's all anyone can do. They probably do not consider tablets to be part of the offer. The text below it says they are included but possibly that wording just got included accidentally. Their offers are full of mangled wording like that.

I have not been able to get a hotspot to be accepted either so far on that offer but am still working on it though another channel.

Device(s)
    My trusty Moto W376 may be on its last legs.
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Is this a real "free" plan or will the cost change after the first month? I see no way of downgrading this plan, unlike another phone account that was downgradable and is on the std free 200/500/500 plan.

It did of course also stick me on $10/mo of "services", which I was able to cancel/downgrade...
    Look under My Account => Plans at your current plan. Look for a link that says something like Details and Plan Management and click on it. Then look for a link at the bottom right in very fine print to downgrade your plan. Read each step carefully after that and refuse all offers. Once you downgrade, you lose any promotional data that you haven't used yet, so be careful that you don't exceed your new limit.

Sent from my C6730 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    clicking on Details and Plan Mgmt shows no fine print that I can see...
    Name:  freedom.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  21.8 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast