Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FreedomPop questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    clicking on Details and Plan Mgmt shows no fine print that I can see...
    Attachment 149948
    Also check https://www.freedompop.com/acct_overview.htm
    and
    https://www.freedompop.com/acct_services.htm

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    OK, so in Overview, how does one reconcile this... ($9.99/mo in services):
    Name:  freedom1.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  91.9 KB
    with this... (no services, no charges)
    Name:  freedom2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  38.9 KB

I downgraded my services to $0.... but the Overview still shows services...

Feedback Score
    OK, so in Overview, how does one reconcile this... ($9.99/mo in services):
    Name:  freedom1.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  91.9 KB
    with this... (no services, no charges)
    Name:  freedom2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  38.9 KB

I downgraded my services to $0.... but the Overview still shows services...
    Ah ah!
    Click View Details and downgrade it again there.

It is a known bug.

They will refund retroactively on request if you miss it and get charged.
    Last edited by comintel; 03-20-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Thanks... I re-did the downgrade and got the Overview Services box cleared as well.

Still want to know if my current 2GB Tablet plan is truly free after the first month...

Feedback Score
    Thanks... I re-did the downgrade and got the Overview Services box cleared as well.

Still want to know if my current 2GB Tablet plan is truly free after the first month...
    It might be a special promo - they have been known to give them especially to people who pay full price at a time when there are other free offers running. Or it might be a leftover from the downgrade problems - hard to say.

I think you will have to wait and see or you can ask them if you want.

Device(s)
    My trusty Moto W376 may be on its last legs.
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    clicking on Details and Plan Mgmt shows no fine print that I can see...
    Attachment 149948
    That does look like you have a free plan. Excellent!

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Feedback Score
    Even after having the free plan and the correct balance, they will find ways to charge you. Your balance expires and you have to go in and reactivate it. I checked the box for no auto top up but I still get the $1.99 charge occasionally. I finally had my bank block them from charging my card. I tossed my sim cards and I'm done with them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnlg View Post
    Even after having the free plan and the correct balance, they will find ways to charge you. Your balance expires and you have to go in and reactivate it. I checked the box for no auto top up but I still get the $1.99 charge occasionally. I finally had my bank block them from charging my card. I tossed my sim cards and I'm done with them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using HoFo mobile app
    I hope you cancelled with them as well because otherwise any charges will keep accruing and eventually a couple of years down the line they will sell it to collection. Just cutting off their ability to charge you does not do anything in terms of cancelling the service.

I forget what the $1.99 charges are for - I have never got any with about 12 lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >That does look like you have a free plan. Excellent!

Hmmm.

@monkeyboy, the below screenshot shows plans for tablets. It's where you end up when going to http://freedompop.com/tablets.

What you have is a trial plan. The free plan is the "Basic 200" on the right. I'm guessing the 2GB plan's normal cost is $20/month. But for whatever reason, it's showing $0 (also $0 in the fine print at the bottom). What it means is that it's a glitch. FP system has had various glitches lately, and this is probably another.

You can skate on the glitch for a free ride, but the question is what happens it gets fixed (and it will get fixed). Obviously, you will then pay going forward, but there's a possibility that you may also be charged retroactively. You can likely argue your way out of it, but it'll be a hassle.
    Since opinions posted here differ, he should just contact FreedomPop on Twitter or the FP forum and get it resolved one way or the other.

Best get it in writing so do not do it over the phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    ... What it means is that it's a glitch. FP system has had various glitches lately, and this is probably another.

You can skate on the glitch for a free ride, but the question is what happens it gets fixed (and it will get fixed). Obviously, you will then pay going forward, but there's a possibility that you may also be charged retroactively. You can likely argue your way out of it, but it'll be a hassle.
    You have to wonder if these are glitches. The issue with having to go into Account Overview and downgrade service a second time or get charged $7.99 was acknowledged by the FP rep on Slickdeals and they said they were working to fix it. It hasn't been fixed yet and someone on SD posted that they downgraded twice and it's still showing the Premium Plus service twice on one of their pages with no way to downgrade again for either (the tiny link to downgrade is not displayed).

Feedback Score
    >You have to wonder if these are glitches.

When a plan is normally X dollars and it gets dropped to $0, it's a glitch. If it weren't, you'd see marketing touting the heck out of it.
    Not always. It could be an experiment or some such. I am not saying that it most likely is, just saying that it could be.

I have two phones on free 2 GB plans and it was not advertised at the time, a couple of years ago but I still have them - I was surprised when I got them (or the first of them).

But we are just guessing here and the original poster should just check via some written means (e,g. Twitter private mail) to get a determination in his case.

Feedback Score
    >I have two phones on free 2 GB plans and it was not advertised at the time, a couple of years ago but I still have them - I was surprised when I got it.

Yes, I know. I have the same deal. It was advertised on SlickDeals (of course)
    It was not advertised (or even known) on there when I got it.

Actually they often lag considerably.

, which was how I knew about it. I recall posting the deal here in fact. BTW, it's a year ago. I'm hoping it it will show up again, but it won't. The unlimited Premium Voice is now 2-way, and is too valuable. In any case, FP seems to be going away from Sprint and doing heavy marketing with the SIMs.

>But we are just guessing here

I don't have to guess. But YMMV.
    I do not think they make up the plan names dynamically. Right now he is on that plan quoted as $0 per month.'

Even if it is a "glitch" they may be obliged to let him keep it.

That way you can always be right once again no matter what!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2