Thread: Shopcelldeals

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Shopcelldeals

I'm kinda wondering what happened to this vendor on Ebay. I know about the hassle they had with tracfone over the mishandling of phone cards/bundles. I've noticed, though, that they don't have any good deals anymore plus some of the items they have listed are pure junk. What keeps them in business?
    I used to have a phone # for them but since I haven't dealt with them in a couple years I have misplaced it. Doesn't seem worthwhile to look it up, again.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Shopcelldeals might no longer have good deals on Tracfone items, but they carry other brands/MVNOs too. In February, I bought two Boost phones + Plans from them for my brother. On Boost web site, the same phone (LG X Power) costs $70 and the 30-day unlimited "card" cost $50. Shopcelldeals sells the phone for $60 and the card for $40 if purchased with the phone. So we saved $20 on each bundle.

Feedback Score
    You have to question any place that still sells the Craptura!

Feedback Score
    Yeah it looks like now they're just unloading undesirable gray market or returns, outdated phones for Simply Wireless. Maybe the stuff they sell through HSN or QVC, etc have the customer returns shipped back to them?

Feedback Score
    I think SCD will try to make a buck any way possible - which is what led to their demise with TracFone. The Craptura is a real POC and anyone buying one today will be sorry with all the other options available.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    You have to question any place that still sells the Craptura!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I think SCD will try to make a buck any way possible - which is what led to their demise with TracFone.
    It's a shame that SCD was so stupid to loose the TracFone bundle deal market they dominated a few years ago. It was the go-to place - not HSN and QVC.

An interesting place that will do anything for a buck is Mega Saver. A large convenience store chain in Omaha, NE that has gas, liquor, and cell phone sales/repairs in every store. They also run Prepay Refill.

https://megasaver.com/
    https://www.prepayrefill.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It's a shame that SCD was so stupid to loose the TracFone bundle deal market they dominated a few years ago. It was the go-to place - not HSN and QVC.
    I think the main reason they were dominating the market is because they were splitting up the bundles, which allowed them to sell the individual pieces at a lower price.

Feedback Score
    I believe that's correct - and apparently they weren't supposed to be doing that, but TracFone found out and axed them from selling TracFone products after that. I'm sure there's more to it than we'll ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post
    I think the main reason they were dominating the market is because they were splitting up the bundles, which allowed them to sell the individual pieces at a lower price.