Thread: Traveling to Qatar area

Feedback Score

Traveling to Qatar area

I have question I'm going to be traveling to the Qatar area and I'm curious if Tmobile is a good option to have as carrier while I go? Currently have AT&T but I'll be suspending the line temporarily. I'm a huge fan of T- mobile so I would like to know everyones experience on traveling with Tmobile.

Very much appreciated

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well you can pay $40 per month and an addition $1 for every megabyte you use on AT&T or you can just get it free on T-Mobile. The choice is yours. Keep in mind if you are just switching to tmobile to do international roaming then switching back to AT&T you are violating the terms and conditions and it's not a great option. Data speeds are limited to 256k but very usable for us. If you want to stay paying more to AT&T just get a SIM card in Qatar and use their network.

Sent from my SM-G935T using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I was in Qatar airport as a transit passenger. I was using Google Project FI and data worked fine there. Project FI, I think uses T-Mobile international, so I guess it works in the airport. While I did not go anywhere outside the airport, I am extrapolating that it will work in the city as well.

Feedback Score
    I didn't know it violated their terms and conditions. Wow that makes that easy then. Att is expensive for international plans. Like really costly. I do alot on my phone as it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Keep in mind if you are just switching to tmobile to do international roaming then switching back to AT&T you are violating the terms and conditions and it's not a great option.
    There is no violation of the terms and conditions. T-Mobile has no long term contract and you are always free to switch back to AT&T whenever you like.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    was there a few times, t-mobile works beautiful in qatar, bahrain, uae, kuwait, saudi, yemen, oman.. you wont have any problems there. just take your personal a/c because those temperatures.. oh lord...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    ...just take your personal a/c because those temperatures.. oh lord...
    It's not bad this time of year. Otherwise, BTDT. SA in August in a hotel that did not have windows that opened during a six hour power outage. I sweated through the mattress.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    There is no violation of the terms and conditions. T-Mobile has no long term contract and you are always free to switch back to AT&T whenever you like.
    This is true but their excessive roaming button seems depend at least to some extent on how long one has been a customer and what percentage of the time is spent roaming. There doesn't seem to be a hard-and-fast rule but rather something triggers someone at T-Mobile to look into the situation and makes a decision. Exactly what, I don't know. At one time I thought it was 6 months continuous roaming but I've learned it can be much less. The OP didn't say how how long he planned to be in Qatar. If it's more than a month I might be concerned that he could trigger some concern on T-Mobile's part.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    This is true but their excessive roaming button seems depend at least to some extent on how long one has been a customer and what percentage of the time is spent roaming. There doesn't seem to be a hard-and-fast rule but rather something triggers someone at T-Mobile to look into the situation and makes a decision. Exactly what, I don't know. At one time I thought it was 6 months continuous roaming but I've learned it can be much less. The OP didn't say how how long he planned to be in Qatar. If it's more than a month I might be concerned that he could trigger some concern on T-Mobile's part.
    I will be there like 4-6 months. So I'm exactly sure what to do.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This information may be out of date but here it is: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/qatar.html

Feedback Score
    Use T-Mobile until or if you get cut off and then get a local SIM card

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It looks like you get 6 GB/mo with rollover for $27 with a local prepaid.