Thread: Anyone else having data issues lately?

Feedback Score

Anyone else having data issues lately?

Speeds have dropped significantly for me. Every time I run a speedtest I'm always right around 8mbps, yetI have to refresh webpages multiple times to get them to fully load, can barely load short videos on snapchat, and sometimes can't even connect to Facebook messenger. Is this crickets proxy or what? Its gotten unbearable the last 2 months and nobody I know on AT&T postpaid has these issues in my area. I'm seriously considering a postpaid sprint line as the only options in my area are AT&T and sprint. Never thought I'd say that!

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $45 / 8 GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by St420 View Post
    Speeds have dropped significantly for me. Every time I run a speedtest I'm always right around 8mbps, yetI have to refresh webpages multiple times to get them to fully load, can barely load short videos on snapchat, and sometimes can't even connect to Facebook messenger. Is this crickets proxy or what? Its gotten unbearable the last 2 months and nobody I know on AT&T postpaid has these issues in my area. I'm seriously considering a postpaid sprint line as the only options in my area are AT&T and sprint. Never thought I'd say that!
    Nope, no issue whatsoever in fact it's getting better, never worry everywhere I go, always get data, text, call or internet. I m in Orlando, what city you are in?
    In Florida Cricket is blanketing everywhere, so I don't know other states, but mostly the same.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Any issues on Wi-Fi? Do you have any type of data saver turned on?

Feedback Score
    You could try GoPhone to see if it gives better results than Cricket.

Cricket has begun migrating customers off the proxy servers and onto ATT Mobility servers. Not sure how long it will take to migrate everyone. Those that are purchasing the new white sim are converted immediately. The white sims only seem to be available directly from cricket. So it would cost you $10 for a new sim to be put on ATT Mobility servers right away if you want to experiment.

What are your current ping times?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    What device and OS version are you using? Have you tried swapping the SIM card into another phone to test it? If not, is there a Cricket store nearby that you can have them take a look at the SIM card and your device? Could be faulty SIM or phone, etc.

Feedback Score
    To answer a few more questions I'm located in southeast Wisconsin. My ping is in the high 150's usually and I'm still on the jasper server. It seems to happen at random times of the day. Sometimes things load as they should, but most of the time I have to constantly refresh webpages to make them load. I'm using an iPhone 5s (not the newest phone, I know) and don't have any other phones to try. U guys think a new sim might help? Or am I better off trying gophone?

Feedback Score
    I'd try giving your phone an enema and clear it out, then try again on a bare, fresh device and see if that changes anything.

Device(s)
    LG G2,Netgear Zing
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Cricket download is limited to 8 Mbps. That's normal.

Sent from my 6045O using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rupus2020 View Post
    Cricket download is limited to 8 Mbps. That's normal.

I read OP's point as the opposite--that 8Mbps should be sufficient, but even so there are still data issues (and lack of throughput cannot be to blame).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G2,Netgear Zing
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    I read OP's point as the opposite--that 8Mbps should be sufficient, but even so there are still data issues (and lack of throughput cannot be to blame).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app
    Yeah, I just reread it. The "yeti" threw me off.

Feedback Score
    Cricket has data issues everyday of the week, this isn't anything new. You truly get what you pay for. Why use a service that throttles you right out the door and charges you the same as the other guys? Even Boost and Metro don't pull these shenanigans. AT&Ts network cannot handle unlimited data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed this also other than the speedtest's are very random. I am trying out Cricket to see how it was in my area and am ok with the 8mb but it seems very inconsistent for me anyways.