Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile launching new ‘Ready To Go, South’ roaming add-on on March 23

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Freedom Mobile launching new ‘Ready To Go, South’ roaming add-on on March 23

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/03/20/fr...y-to-go-south/

Freedom Mobile launching new ‘Ready To Go, South’ roaming add-on on March 23

Name:  freedom-10.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  28.8 KB

Freedom Mobile has been busy expanding its new LTE network and also strengthening its device lineup by adding the Samsung Galaxy A5 (available now) and the LG G6 (available April 7th) — which are both Band 66 LTE-compatible.

Freedom will also be adding to its roaming options and coming out with the “Ready To Go, South” add-on for $20 per month on March 23rd.

Included in the “South” roaming plan is 2,400 mins, unlimited text, and 1GB of data. As for the locations, here’s a complete list of destinations that are covered with the Ready To Go, South add-on:

Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Vincent & Grenadines, St. Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Turks & Caicos.

In addition, Freedom will also be renaming the current US roaming add-on to “Ready To Go, US” on the same date on March 23rd, for the same price of $15 per month. Freedom’s roaming partner in the United States is AT&T.

Freedom Mobile currently has 1,052,758 wireless subscribers.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Nice Add-on -- I'm sure it comes handy when travelling south.
    WIND: Everywhere 55
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    Nice Add-on -- I'm sure it comes handy when travelling south.
    Would have been nice to have last April while I was in Punta Cana.

djino

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Another reason that's solidifying my decision to stay with Wind/Freedom.

Some of these countries arent usually listed or included in the big3 roaming rates. When I do travel, $20 is astronomically cheaper than the outrageous big3 PPU rates. What a great deal.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using HoFo mobile app
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz0311 View Post
    Another reason that's solidifying my decision to stay with Wind/Freedom.

Some of these countries arent usually listed or included in the big3 roaming rates. When I do travel, $20 is astronomically cheaper than the outrageous big3 PPU rates. What a great deal.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using HoFo mobile app
    Not sure which carrier you are speaking off specifically, Guyana is included in the Rogers/Fido Roam like Home and even Bell/Telus's Roaming packages as well.

djino

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Some good news for a change. This is the type of impact they should be doing.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djino View Post
    Not sure which carrier you are speaking off specifically, Guyana is included in the Rogers/Fido Roam like Home and even Bell/Telus's Roaming packages as well.

djino
    Oops, I didn't know that. Used to be PPU, let me slowly retract my statement.... but Freedom's deal is still much better price wise for more than 2-4 days. Indefinitely Caribbean travellers tend to stay much longer than 4 days (most times its 2 weeks). $20 is therefore a much better deal.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz0311 View Post
    Oops, I didn't know that. Used to be PPU, let me slowly retract my statement.... but Freedom's deal is still much better price wise for more than 2-4 days. Indefinitely Caribbean travellers tend to stay much longer than 4 days (most times its 2 weeks). $20 is therefore a much better deal.
    I agree.

Though if you need more than 1GB and you have a decent amount of data included your Canadian plan, the big 3 roaming option is better.

Example, I have 10gb included in my Rogers plan and when I went to Punta Cana last year, wifi on the resort cost $60 US and 1GB wouldn't be enough. Roam like home would be better than freedom or even paying for wifi.

Djino

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Would have been nice to have last April while I was in Punta Cana.

djino
    Doesnt include Dominican Republic just Dominica which is is a Island further south east.

Sent from my LG G4

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I agree.

Though if you need more than 1GB and you have a decent amount of data included your Canadian plan, the big 3 roaming option is better.

Example, I have 10gb included in my Rogers plan and when I went to Punta Cana last year, wifi on the resort cost $60 US and 1GB wouldn't be enough. Roam like home would be better than freedom or even paying for wifi.

Djino

My resort wifi was free in Feb when I went in Puerto Plata and was decently fast too

Sent from my LG G4

Feedback Score
    Lol, I could never get excited over carrier roaming options. It is something that gets used maybe a few weeks out of 52. For the rest of the time, huge suffering on a bad network.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisidan View Post
    Doesnt include Dominican Republic just Dominica which is is a Island further south east.

Sent from my LG G4
    Oh right, so freedom still wouldn't be a good option.

Device(s)
    BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom 39
    Feedback Score
    I paid for world traveler in Dec.
    Went to Mexico. 5mb later was told I was over my $100 roaming limit. After an hour of anger over the phone, they told me all I could do was override the limit and move on with my life.

Come home, a month later, $400 bill. They were charging $20/mb and had cut off my service. Call in and they offer a courtesy $50 credit and it's the best they can do. Took 10 days (still without service) to get to back office, when they told me "You connected to a sister network, not our designated roaming partner". Anyways... after more hours of frustration, they finally credit me for the $20/mb, but I still ended up being screwed and paying too much as I paid the taxes on it.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Any bets this add-on is not compatible with old plans?
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Oh right, so freedom still wouldn't be a good option.

Unfortunately not

Sent from my LG G4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast