Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score

sprint to be one of the most secured, privacy leaning service

*Blockchain isn't just for Bitcoin: Sprint, SoftBank invest in tech*

*Sprint Explores Blockchain Technology For Communication Carriers*

*The coming Blockchain disruption*

*6 Ways Blockchain Can Be Used To Secure Mobile Networks*

I find it leaning towards the odd end that not many people want to focus on wireless security, they ither don't care, or think it's beyond their control..

tmobile, buries it,

ATT & VZW sidesteps it..

*FCC: Your cybersecurity isn't our problem - Our privacy was on life support. The FCC is pulling the plug.*

too many individuals depend on wireless connections, in the US alone, nevermind the rest of the world..

sprint aims to help you rein what's yours, back to you..
    >:-,

"Quite ironically, denying microaggressions is a microaggression. It is mostly denied by a certain type of person who refuses to admit that their reality is different from someone else's, and that their actions and words have unfortunate consequences. It's just a way to invalidate the real claims of other individuals in order to justify maintaining their behavior.

So, a microaggression." - cuttercoats

*look in the mirror, share the world respectfully*

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Yeah right. Sprint used to have a web portal so the spooks could just log in and track anyone they wanted in real time. None of these carriers give one ounce of piss about your privacy or security.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Yeah right. Sprint used to have a web portal so the spooks could just log in and track anyone they wanted in real time. None of these carriers give one ounce of piss about your privacy or security.

prove it please..

your nestat, traceroute, & nslookup commands on tmobile.. or Verizon, or att..

verses mine on sprint..

while tethered, to widen the scope.. & to make it easy for you..

screenshots..

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Do you honestly think a traceroute is going to show a hop to a NSA router? LMFAO. They aren't the keystone kops.

If you had any idea how anything works, you'd know a netstat isn't going to show you anything but what software on your computer is listening for incoming connections and where the connections are open to.

Again, everything happens on the other end, and unless you physically have some spyware or malware implanted and running on your local device, netstat is a joke for determining if you're being monitored. Please don't try and lull anyone into some false sense of security by convincing non-technical people who don't know any better that Sprint somehow cares about them more than the other carriers. It's a disservice to them.

Stop throwing words around and trying to sound like you're some kind of expert.
    Last edited by larryt510; 04-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Do you honestly think a traceroute is going to show a hop to a NSA router? LMFAO. They aren't the keystone kops.

If you had any idea how anything works, you'd know a netstat isn't going to show you anything but what software on your computer is listening for incoming connections and where the connections are open to.

Again, everything happens on the other end, and unless you physically have some spyware or malware implanted and running on your local device, netstat is a joke for determining if you're being monitored. Please don't try and lull anyone into some false sense of security by convincing non-technical people who don't know any better that Sprint somehow cares about them more than the other carriers. It's a disservice to them.

Stop throwing words around and trying to sound like you're some kind of expert.

smh... my sprint IP is 24.221.230.1...

now, question..

what on earth could you possibly do with it?

you jump in here, with the hopeless post that there's nothing in your control as far as network privacy, but you don't lift a finger to find out if it's true on not.. or even why you believe it to be the truth..

your school of thought is self defeating & doesn't add not one lick is substance to the thread..

I simply ask to you add meat to your assumption, & you get offended..

next..
    Last edited by larryt510; 04-13-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Nice. How about posting your externally routable IP address rather than one on Sprint's internal network?

I'm not a defeatist, I'm a realist. Netstat, traceroute, and (most laughably of all) nslookup isn't going to prove anything about whether my connection is being monitored unless it's being done by extremely sloppy amateurs.

What my post adds to the discussion is a bit of truth. No carrier is going to deny the three letter agencies their intelligence. Look up Qwest in the early 2000s to see what happens to telecoms who get in their way.

Sprint isn't some savior of privacy or security, the entire cell network from end to end is a gaping security hole and until it's rebuilt from the ground-up with security in mind, there's no point trying to fanboy people to Sprint (or any other carrier) by claiming they have a leg up when it's physically impossible.

It's a genuine disservice to people who care about privacy to lie to them and claim there's any benefit to using one carrier over another.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Nice. How about posting your externally routable IP address rather than one on Sprint's internal network?.
    *it is my external IP* & that's the only you'd get access to..

I'm not a defeatist, I'm a realist. Netstat, traceroute, and (most laughably of all) nslookup isn't going to prove anything about whether my connection is being monitored unless it's being done by extremely sloppy amateurs.

What my post adds to the discussion is a bit of truth. No carrier is going to deny the three letter agencies their intelligence. Look up Qwest in the early 2000s to see what happens to telecoms who get in their way.

Sprint isn't some savior of privacy or security, the entire cell network from end to end is a gaping security hole and until it's rebuilt from the ground-up with security in mind, there's no point trying to fanboy people to Sprint (or any other carrier) by claiming they have a leg up when it's physically impossible.

It's a genuine disservice to people who care about privacy to lie to them and claim there's any benefit to using one carrier over another.

ok, & you say I'm posing..

your mindset is the kind ajit pai, would love to fall into step.. do you care about your own privacy?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Your ramblings are borderline incoherent. Then you mumble something about Ajit Pai and you're done? Try and make some sense, man. I obviously care about privacy more than you, as I'm not trying to mislead people into a false sense of it.

Please explain to everyone, then, how an nslookup or netstat will show if your connection is being monitored (again, other than if you're running spyware locally).

Also, please explain how a traceroute will show a monitored connection. Because of the 10-15 routers your traffic traverses from source to destination on average within the US, any of them could be compromised or otherwise be forwarding their traffic wholesale to literally anywhere else in the world.

Or are the offending routers supposed to set the Evil Bit on your packets as they move across them?

Visit https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3514.txt for those who aren't familiar with the "Evil Bit"

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Your ramblings are borderline incoherent. Then you mumble something about Ajit Pai and you're done? Try and make some sense, man. I obviously care about privacy more than you, as I'm not trying to mislead people into a false sense of it.

Please explain to everyone, then, how an nslookup or netstat will show if your connection is being monitored (again, other than if you're running spyware locally).

Also, please explain how a traceroute will show a monitored connection. Because of the 10-15 routers your traffic traverses from source to destination on average within the US, any of them could be compromised or otherwise be forwarding their traffic wholesale to literally anywhere else in the world.

Or are the offending routers supposed to set the Evil Bit on your packets as they move across them?

Visit https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3514.txt for those who aren't familiar with the "Evil Bit"

*tell them their model *

*is flawed based on YOUR assumption*

aah, can I ask you something, why did you post link to the ieft evil bit link?

what does that have to do with this?

are you like, serious?

it's mad funny that you'd take that serious, & call me a poser..

but don't worry, even a windows 95 pc with all ports open, is protected from evil bit..

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score

How to Tell If Your Internet Traffic Is Being Monitored

5 Ways to Make Sure No One is Monitoring Your Computer

How To Avoid Being Monitored Online

don't you have access to a search engine like everyone else?
    Last edited by larryt510; 04-13-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    I can only compare, & prove your tmobile, att, & / or Verizon connection, is dirtier than my sprint connection, with the tools I asked to compare..

what's the fear in that comparisons?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Those links really showed me! I guess I should just go into hiding now, boy, was I just owned by those two websites explaining everything to me I've never understood about the internet!

Since I've been so thoroughly owned intellectually, I'll be refraining from posting any further in this discussion.

(Sarcasm, by the way, for those mentally incapable of detecting it)

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Those links really showed me! I guess I should just go into hiding now, boy, was I just owned by those two websites explaining everything to me I've never understood about the internet!

(Sarcasm, by the way, for those mentally incapable of detecting it)
    showed you.. lls

but on the level.. you'd have to deep-read into the original post links, to understand the benefits..

*Decentralizing Privacy: Using Blockchain to Protect
    Personal Data*

2013 - The Mission to Decentralize the Internet

Feedback Score
    Wasn't Sprint embedding ads and analytics in smartphones to try to sell you stuff based on your usage? There was an opt out, but that doesn't sound like privacy and security either.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Wasn't Sprint embedding ads and analytics in smartphones to try to sell you stuff based on your usage? There was an opt out, but that doesn't sound like privacy and security either.

I did a google search on *Sprint embedding ads and analytics in smartphones*

& nothing specific to sprint came up (though, this thread showed up within the search results) the only other thing was the carrier IQ from the old days, & even that wasn't specific to sprint, the other carriers used it also..

fast forward to present time;

tmobile & att exposed thru a dry run of TDOSing 911 services, via a purposely gaping open hole within the ss7 protocol,

Verizon's persistent super cookie

& sprint, I had to dig deep three page clicks away to find - Surveillance Shocker: Sprint Received 8 MILLION Law Enforcement Requests for GPS Location Data in the Past Year from 2009 ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast