Thread: Switching back from UDP, what about bonus data?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Switching back from UDP, what about bonus data?

I'm currently on the L 8GB Data plan plus I have 2GB on two lines (4GB) "bonus data for life", so I'm getting 12GB/month for $64.40 (8% discount on $70.)

If I switch to the UDP, I know the 8% discount doesn't apply and I assume you lose the bonus data (since the new plan is unlimited.) So that's a $36 increase for UDP.

The specific question is that if I were to switch to UDP, then a few months later switch back to 8GB L plan, would that bonus data come back or is that gone forever once I switch to UDP? I only ask because I can switch between different S/M/L plans and retain the bonus, but UDP is clearly a different animal.

I'm doing fine with what I have for now. 12GB + rollover and I usually start a month with close to 16GB. But if I add my kid's line in the future or circumstances change and we want to use more, I'm trying to figure out if I need to resist the UDP to preserve that bonus data.

Thanks
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB on Verizon Unlimited.
    iPad Mini 2 Retina 128GB on T-Mobile free 200MB

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You will lose that bonus data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9 View Post
    I'm currently on the L 8GB Data plan plus I have 2GB on two lines (4GB) "bonus data for life", so I'm getting 12GB/month for $64.40 (8% discount on $70.)

If I switch to the UDP, I know the 8% discount doesn't apply and I assume you lose the bonus data (since the new plan is unlimited.) So that's a $36 increase for UDP.

The specific question is that if I were to switch to UDP, then a few months later switch back to 8GB L plan, would that bonus data come back or is that gone forever once I switch to UDP? I only ask because I can switch between different S/M/L plans and retain the bonus, but UDP is clearly a different animal.

I'm doing fine with what I have for now. 12GB + rollover and I usually start a month with close to 16GB. But if I add my kid's line in the future or circumstances change and we want to use more, I'm trying to figure out if I need to resist the UDP to preserve that bonus data.

Thanks
    Yes you will lose it. I have a single line and was fortunate to get double data for life since I'm a fios customer. I currently have the 24 gig plan plus 18 gigs of bonus data and rollover. Since I use about 30 gigs per month there is no need for me to switch to the UDP at this time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's too bad, but I suspected as much.
    Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RF9 View Post
    That's too bad, but I suspected as much.
    Thanks!
    Check with customer service. They may have some offer for you.
    Carrier History:
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - Present
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016