Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to rub all the sour-grapes'ers noses in the fact we're grandfathered?

Feedback Score

Is it time to rub all the sour-grapes'ers noses in the fact we're grandfathered?

Can we have all the people that were encouraging people to leave, and implying the rest of us were stupid for not jumping ship to sh*tty Wind, and how we were going to be screwed by Rogers, come up and take a bow for being so embarassingly wrong?

And on a side note, LazerAndroid, I hope you're out there somewhere enjoying your grandfathered plan

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    I'm so glad I stuck it out! The Rogers weekday throttling of Mobilicity was too much -- especially between 6 to 8 PM when I frequently didn't have any data on Mobilicity. My girlfriend thought I was a bit crazy sticking it out.

But now she wishes she had signed up with Mobilicity! She's on Chatr and pays $40 a month for province-wide calling and just 1 GB of data, while I'm now on Chatr too and pay $50 a month for Canada-wide and USA-wide calling and 20 GB of data.

I'm happy with the always reliable 3 Mbps speed now. But I would be very happy if Chatr upped the speed to 8 Mbps like Cricket users in the USA get.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I kept my plan as well, but I really wish I had also bought a Black Friday plan, or even just another $29 plan

Oddly I have been getting offers to port to Fido for an exclusive deal now (not as good but still way better than anything on their website)
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    This also includes the so called experts at mobile syrup...

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Its data roaming add-ons are ridiculous. I'm just glad i don't cross the border often. Otherwise, I'm neither glad or sad i stuck it out. One way or another, I'm expecting a change to our grandfathered plans eventually.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    One way or another, I'm expecting a change to our grandfathered plans eventually.
    By that same logic I am also predicting every other Canadian brand will have a change sooner or later

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I am happy to have a 20gb plan, when nobody offers it at such a price. Whenever I need it, it's there.

Certainly Chatr with the grandfathered plans is light-years ahead of Wind, and far better than the pre-Chatr Rogers Mobi...

This being said, I actually don't find Chatr to be usable as my primary line. I keep the lines active using the vacation and pay every 5 months option, but compared to Bell LTE, the latency on Chatr is very high and the speed is too slow. On Chatr, occasionally there are random network drops for 2-3 mins, where this never happens on Bell. Getting the first response from a server when browsing can be a few seconds. Fine if it's for fun only, but it does not meet my needs when using for realtime communication for work...

Also, the artificial zones mean if I venture outside of the city, I always end up with random deductions from my prepaid balance even when the phone is just in my pocket if I forget to go in and disable data...

I guess it's pros and cons... If the QOS was higher at off-peak times, it would be amazing, but I guess at this price point, they don't want to provide the best QOS ever.
    Looking forward to Wind LTE!

I can't wait for this to be the norm on wireless!

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    This being said, I actually don't find Chatr to be usable as my primary line. I keep the lines active using the vacation and pay every 5 months option, but compared to Bell LTE, the latency on Chatr is very high and the speed is too slow. On Chatr, occasionally there are random network drops for 2-3 mins, where this never happens on Bell. Getting the first response from a server when browsing can be a few seconds. Fine if it's for fun only, but it does not meet my needs when using for realtime communication for work...
    Are you using the mobi sim or did you change to a chatr sim? I found that that made a big difference for me.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Are you using the mobi sim or did you change to a chatr sim? I found that that made a big difference for me.
    Which was better?

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    I saw the improvement with the Chatr sim.

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    I saw the improvement with the Chatr sim.
    Hmm, thanks for the advice. I'll try switching to a Chatr sim next time I'm "back from Vacation"...

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    I swapped to a Chatr sim and feel there is a improvement. There seems to be less data timeout issues.

Carrier(s)
    ChatR (formerly Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
    Its data roaming add-ons are ridiculous. I'm just glad i don't cross the border often. Otherwise, I'm neither glad or sad i stuck it out. One way or another, I'm expecting a change to our grandfathered plans eventually.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk
    I cross the border regularly (about every 2 weeks); and I have never been charged. It's probably because when roaming on T-Mobile, the phone is able to detect the MCC/MNC change and switches off data.

My roaming charges have come domestically when I wander outside of a ChatR zone, typically farther into the Fraser Valley, or in eastern parts of Metro Vancouver.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post

Also, the artificial zones mean if I venture outside of the city, I always end up with random deductions from my prepaid balance even when the phone is just in my pocket if I forget to go in and disable data...

I guess it's pros and cons... If the QOS was higher at off-peak times, it would be amazing, but I guess at this price point, they don't want to provide the best QOS ever.
    The compassion is is like comparing a Honda Fit vs any V6 here. The LTE technology will produce faster speed and lower latency. It's a given. There is no doubt about that. However, I've compared Bell HSPA vs Chatr HSPA and the latency is similar. The speed test is obviously faster due to no cap but I do agree with the low quality QOS on Chatr. The "timeouts" are pretty bad at times.
    Current Plan
    $50 - T-Bay Unlimited Nationwide Minutes
    6GB
    Call Display/VM/Text

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote73 View Post
    This also includes the so called experts at mobile syrup...

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    We all know they owned Wind stock, stories are so biased

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast