Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: New Verizon macro site construction pictures

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    0

    New Verizon macro site construction pictures

    This new 55' monopine and pad is under construction in Reno, Nevada. I think the ~10' fence surrounding the pad is unusual.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cell Site Picture of the Week:


    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for more pictures, cell site location maps, carrier reviews & more http://renowirelessinfo.com


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,248
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Isn't that a little high for macro cell

    Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,248
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    This new 55' monopine and pad is under construction in Reno, Nevada. I think the ~10' fence surrounding the pad is unusual.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't that a little high for a macro?

    Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,005
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    55' is very short for a macro. Most of these towers are 150' or so.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    55' is very short for a macro. Most of these towers are 150' or so.
    It's in an urban area about 1 mile from the nearest sites to the NW, NE & SE. Dropped Pin
    near Reno, NV
    https://goo.gl/maps/K2opPMozjzy

    Most urban sites here are 55'-90'.

    I just thought the 10 foot fence surrounding the equipment was high.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,735
    Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    It's in an urban area about 1 mile from the nearest sites to the NW, NE & SE. Dropped Pin
    near Reno, NV
    https://goo.gl/maps/K2opPMozjzy

    Most urban sites here are 55'-90'.

    I just thought the 10 foot fence surrounding the equipment was high.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10 feet is the usual height fir those fence.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Francisco/Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    1,730
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, T-MO
    Feedback Score
    0
    When will Verizon fix coverage in South Lake Tahoe? Att absolutely kills Verizon at the lake.

    CA FTW

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    0

    New Verizon macro site construction pictures

    They installed the antennas today while winds were gusting to 60mph.



    Another angle from the freeway...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,192
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Great pics Guru! That looks so dangerous especially with winds near hurricane force.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,478
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    They installed the antennas today while winds were gusting to 60mph.



    Another angle from the freeway...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great pics ! Thank you for sharing. Towers continue to go up in many areas I see!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,122
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vPhone View Post
    When will Verizon fix coverage in South Lake Tahoe? Att absolutely kills Verizon at the lake.
    The only info I could find is a new site @ 3464 Fairway Ave. That was with the city council, not sure why SLT doesn't put Zoning Board of Adjustment agendas online. http://slt.granicus.com/MediaPlayer....&meta_id=71953
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

    Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,498
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Google Fi, VZW Wi-Fi
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    The only info I could find is a new site @ 3464 Fairway Ave. That was with the city council, not sure why SLT doesn't put Zoning Board of Adjustment agendas online. http://slt.granicus.com/MediaPlayer....&meta_id=71953
    From Sensorly and OpenSignal coverage maps, it looks like that site is live now. Still lots of light purple and red areas that need to be filled.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,122
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    From Sensorly and OpenSignal coverage maps, it looks like that site is live now. Still lots of light purple and red areas that need to be filled.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are there lots of AT&T macro sites that Verizon isn't on? Or are they on the same sites but Verizon is lacking RRU's or maybe is located lower on the site?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    2,512
    Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Isn't that a little high for a macro?

    Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
    Macros are often on 50-150' towers, on top of mountains and hills, etc. Did you think he said micro or small cell?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    782
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wow I didn't realize a person could stand on an antenna mount. I would be nervous that it would bend or break standing on it like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pictures of new Verizon Cell site
    By greatgoogly in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 10:08 PM
  3. New Nextel Position - Cell Site Construction Manager - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    By porphyry in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 10:25 AM
  4. New Verizon Shop Site
    By onelove4all in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 01:14 AM
  5. New Verizon Picture Phones?
    By mcewen98 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-10-2003, 08:56 AM

Bookmarks