Thread: Anyone successfully an inexpensive android with airvoice?

Feedback Score

Anyone successfully an inexpensive android with airvoice?

So, I think I finally have had it with my windows phone. I am interested in what inexpensive, but decent, androids people are successfully using with airvoice including having MMS work. Does not have to be dirt cheap and I also need a decent camera on the phone but interested in anything that is working well. I am wondering about the moto play or something like that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    So, I think I finally have had it with my windows phone. I am interested in what inexpensive, but decent, androids people are successfully using with airvoice including having MMS work. Does not have to be dirt cheap and I also need a decent camera on the phone but interested in anything that is working well. I am wondering about the moto play or something like that.
    I am unable to edit my original post for some reason. Basically, I would love to know what phone you are using on Airvoice that you are happy with and are able to send/receive MMS.

Feedback Score
    If $50 would work for you the LG Phoenix 2 can be bought at Best Buy.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-gop...?skuId=5046702

It is actually a terrific phone.
    And MMS works perfectly.

I am not using it on Airvoice but Net10 running T-Mobile.

It is an AT&T GoPhone that you can get unlocked free from AT&T as a non customer.

About your Windows phone. Have you found out how to roll it back to Windows 8.1?

If you can roll it back you might not need to switch to Android. I know how much you really like Windows phone so if you can get it back to 8.1 you might be happier.

I am currently using the LG Phoenix 2 almost all of the time.
    I have a lot of phones....

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    If $50 would work for you the LG Phoenix 2 can be bought at Best Buy.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-gop...?skuId=5046702

It is actually a terrific phone.
    And MMS works perfectly.

I am not using it on Airvoice but Net10 running T-Mobile.

It is an AT&T GoPhone that you can get unlocked free from AT&T as a non customer.

About your Windows phone. Have you found out how to roll it back to Windows 8.1?

If you can roll it back you might not need to switch to Android. I know how much you really like Windows phone so if you can get it back to 8.1 you might be happier.

I am currently using the LG Phoenix 2 almost all of the time.
    I have a lot of phones....

Thanks so much, SnowyWhite! Yes, I rolled my Windows phone back to 8.1. Spent hours trying to get the MMS to work and still no luck. I really wish I could figure out what the issue is as I otherwise was very happy (especially with the 8.1 Windows version that is now back on the phone again).

Thanks for the LG Phoenix 2 suggestion. I will look into it. I am not that picky, but I do need a decent camera. Does this model have that?

BTW, I love cats and my cat looks a lot like the one you have in your signature.

Feedback Score
    I'm not going to lie to you about the camera on the Phoenix 2. It's adequate for maybe just posting pictures on Fakebook but I wouldn't use it for really important pictures. But you would probably go with an actual camera for important pictures anyway.

But then again if the only camera you have on you is a cell phone camera it's better than no camera at all.

The camera on the Lumia 640 is better than the camera on the Phoenix 2.
    It isn't horrible. Not like on Huawei low to mid range phones.

Cats are the very best aren't they?
    🐈😺

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    My standards are rather low, but I am very pleased with my Moto E. It's unlocked and I've used it with AirVoice, H2O and now US Mobile. I think the camera is great, but before that I was using an old Canon PowerShot digital camera, so pretty much any modern smartphone would be better than that. My Moto E cost me $50 on sale at BestBuy.com. MMS works fine for photos, but I've never sent or received a video clip, although I imagine it would work fine for that too.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score
    I also agree with the others on Phoenix 2. But maybe you can find a deal for a Cricket Lumia 650 if you would like to stay with Windows Phone and actually use a native Windows Phone 10 device. However, you would have to unlock it as it won't work with other AT&T MVNOs or GoPhone out of the box.

Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    I have recently switched my wife's phone, from a Lumia 640 to an Alcatel One Touch Allura 5056O. I have two 640s, upgraded one to Windows 10 on the mistaken assumption that it would be capable of making free video calls using Facebook messenger. Got sick of this and other shortcomings of Windows.
    My question, and I suppose I should start another thread, is about the defunct AT&T Address Book. Opening Contacts causes it to sync. Any "solution" I have found on the web does not prevent this. This phone cannot be unlocked due to At&t's new policy on prepaid phones. Comments???

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by dave940 View Post
    This phone cannot be unlocked due to At&t's new policy on prepaid phones.
    And what do you believe is AT&T's new policy on prepaid phones?

Feedback Score
    I have recently switched my wife's phone, from a Lumia 640 to an Alcatel One Touch Allura 5056O. I have two 640s, upgraded one to Windows 10 on the mistaken assumption that it would be capable of making free video calls using Facebook messenger. Got sick of this and other shortcomings of Windows.
    My question, and I suppose I should start another thread, is about the defunct AT&T Address Book. Opening Contacts causes it to sync. Any "solution" I have found on the web does not prevent this. This phone cannot be unlocked due to At&t's new policy on prepaid phones. Comments???
    I found the solution in this thread worked for me on my Phoenix 2 GoPhone.
    I Was using it on Net10 running T-Mobile and now I am using it on Tracfone running AT&T.
    The solution in this post works on the Phoenix 2.
    Not sure if it will work on a different phone or not.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16693041

Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    And what do you believe is AT&T's new policy on prepaid phones?
    In my recent experience, AT&T has denied requests to unlock Gophones that have not been on their prepaid service for at least 6 months.

Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I found the solution in this thread worked for me on my Phoenix 2 GoPhone.
    I Was using it on Net10 running T-Mobile and now I am using it on Tracfone running AT&T.
    The solution in this post works on the Phoenix 2.
    Not sure if it will work on a different phone or not.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16693041

I have tried various combinations (many times each) of entering that character string and stopping the app/rebooting/etc, without success. Don't know if Android 6.0 is the culprit, or if this particular Alcatel model has been programmed this way. The only way to enter the "Contacts" app without a long wait is to hit the back key (triangle) twice, a nuisance that I'd like to remedy.

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    In my recent experience, AT&T has denied requests to unlock Gophones that have not been on their prepaid service for at least 6 months.
    Has there been any AT&T SIM card in the phone and turned on in the last six months?
    [This can mess things up.]