Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus Pre-Orders Tonight

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...lte-speeds.htm

Starting tonight, pre-order the Galaxy S8 at T-Mobile for just $30/month and get a FREE Samsung Gear VR with controller and awesome Oculus content—a $180 value!

Bellevue, Washington — March 29, 2017 — Samsung’s most advanced superphones are coming to America’s most advanced network. And here’s why that’s all kinds of awesome: T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today announced customers with the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will be the first to tap into the combined power of three T-Mobile advanced LTE technologies and can deliver up to double current speeds on what is already America’s fastest LTE network.* How fast are we talking? Like maybe download-a-2-hour-movie-in-15-seconds fast on the phone’s Infinity screen. All this makes the Galaxy S8 the first gigabit-class smartphone ever on the T-Mobile network.
    “You know what happens when you combine the most advanced LTE network in the country with Samsung’s most powerful phone ever? An entire industry has to redefine the word ‘fast.’” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “Anyone upgrading to the Galaxy S8 can see up to double their current LTE speeds in nearly 300 cities nationwide! That’s a clear first place finish for the Un-carrier.”*
    Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will be the first smartphones ever to simultaneously harness the power of three advanced LTE technologies already built in to the T-Mobile network—including 4x4 MIMO, carrier aggregation and 256 QAM. Only the Un-carrier’s network has this trifecta of speed-boosting technologies. T-Mobile achieved a global first with the rollout of 4x4 MIMO last year, and has launched more LTE Advanced technologies than anyone else in the industry. In addition, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will be the very first devices that enable T-Mobile customers to use LTE-U to tap into underutilized unlicensed spectrum on the 5 GHz band. T-Mobile already has more capacity per subscriber than AT&T and Verizon, and the addition of LTE-U will only extend that lead and further improve the Un-carrier’s blazing-fast speeds. And, LTE-U will make it possible for T-Mobile to bring its forthcoming Gigabit LTE to more places across the country. And then there’s this… Samsung’s latest superphones will also be able to tap into T-Mobile’s new AWS-3 spectrum. Translation? Even more capacity and even more speed.
    There’s never been a better time to head to the Un-carrier and unleash your new Samsung superphone with T-Mobile ONE, all in, monthly taxes and fees included. You’ll be rocking America’s fastest 4G LTE network, according to multiple independent studies (Speedtest.net,*Twin Prime and even the*FCC), with LTE availability that’s neck and neck with Verizon (OpenSignal).
    T-Mobile customers can pre-order the Galaxy S8 tonight at 9:01 p.m. PT at www.t-mobile.com. To sweeten the pot, when you pre-order the Galaxy S8 at T-Mobile for just $30/month on the Un-carrier’s Equipment Installment Plan ($30 down, FRP: $750), you get a FREE Gear VR with controller and Oculus content, a full $180 value! If you’re looking to go big, the Galaxy S8+ will also be available for pre-order for just $30/month on EIP ($130 down, FRP: $850). MetroPCS customers can also get in on the same VR goodies by purchasing the device when it launches on April 21 (FRP: $729).
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Remember that "secret," phone that Neville used to test GB speeds on LTE? Well I guess it was the Sammy S8 after all!!! Can't wait to get a "taste of 5G," using the existing LTE network when those crazy speeds hit our area.

Name:  2017-03-29.png
Views: 770
Size:  1.23 MB

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I called in and their systems are down..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    I called in and their systems are down..
    Yea they suck in the orders and credits areas really bad sometimes. The website for me keeps refreshing and I can't stop it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sprint's also advertising this device as a speed demon on their website. I wonder how their HPUE enabled device will stack up against T-Mobile's 3xCA /256 QAM / 4x4 MIMO / LTE-U version in real world tests?

Sprint’s Network Gets Even Better

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/dev...ata-speeds.htm

Samsung GS8 and GS8+ are both HPUE-enabled (High Performance User Equipment) smartphones. HPUE makes the Sprint network experience even better with increased coverage, more capacity and faster speeds on capable devices. HPUE-enabled smartphones are designed to give customers a better overall experience with streaming videos, mobile gaming and other online apps and services. HPUE can extend Sprint’s 2.5GHz coverage by up to 30 percent to nearly match its midband 1.9GHz spectrum performance, including indoors where the majority of wireless traffic is generated.
    HPUE-enabled smartphones, including Samsung Galaxy S8 and
    Samsung Galaxy S8+, are designed to give customers a better overall experience with streaming videos, mobile gaming and other online apps and services.
    With an average of 204MHz of spectrum and more than 160MHz of 2.5GHz spectrum in the top 100 U.S. markets, Sprint has more spectrum than any other carrier across the nation, allowing Sprint to keep adding the capacity and speed needed to serve customers’ increasing demand for unlimited data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Yea they suck in the orders and credits areas really bad sometimes. The website for me keeps refreshing and I can't stop it.
    Finally got it ordered! Woohoo! The rep said that it's been a chaotic night with their systems, I feel for them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Finally got it ordered! Woohoo! The rep said that it's been a chaotic night with their systems, I feel for them.
    Me too! Midnight Black. Got the $99 headset and memory card with the free VR. All I'll need now is a Gear Watch and this will hold me over till the next iPhone comes out!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Me too! Midnight Black. Got the $99 headset and memory card with the free VR. All I'll need now is a Gear Watch and this will hold me over till the next iPhone comes out!
    Same here. Now I know you have to redeem the VR, is that when they give you an option for purchasing the memory card and headphones? The rep said it was done entirely through Samsung.

Sent from my SM-G930T using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Same here. Now I know you have to redeem the VR, is that when they give you an option for purchasing the memory card and headphones? The rep said it was done entirely through Samsung.

Not for me. They just sold it to me as an accessory. They made me do EIP for both the phone and the headset/memory card in order to get the promo. I guess I'll just log in and pay it off later. But I haven't received any EIP email yet. If I get it I'll double check to make sure the rep didn't give me bad info.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Uhh sorry Circuit; T-Mo rep gave me bad info on the memory card / headset. Gotta get that through Samsung too I guess.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Uhh sorry Circuit; T-Mo rep gave me bad info on the memory card / headset. Gotta get that through Samsung too I guess.
    Thanks for clarifying. The reps seemed all over the place last night. What's funny is that the reps in the US were having a bunch of issues and just rushed me off the phone. When I called after 1 AM I got someone I can guess was overseas and she was by far the most knowledgeable and helpful. She placed the order right away.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for clarifying. The reps seemed all over the place last night. What's funny is that the reps in the US were having a bunch of issues and just rushed me off the phone. When I called after 1 AM I got someone I can guess was overseas and she was by far the most knowledgeable and helpful. She placed the order right away.

Did they have a British or Aussie accent? Normally I can tell the difference (nasally) but last night I got two reps who both sounded like they could be either. I wonder if they are contracting support to the UK?

They were saying things like: "straight away," instead of "right away."

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you order the silver S8 directly from Samsung for T-Mobile they only charge you $650 plus you don't have to pay for the sim starter kit and you get to order all the extra stuff for $99 right then with the phone order

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottneon View Post
    If you order the silver S8 directly from Samsung for T-Mobile they only charge you $650 plus you don't have to pay for the sim starter kit and you get to order all the extra stuff for $99 right then with the phone order
    Sold unlocked out of the gate too, correct?

I didn't think about that in my excitement. It would have made sense since I'd rather pay the $650 upfront then the $30 monthly EIP.

One thing that T-Mobile is good at is getting pre-orders delivered to early adopters well in advance of the other carriers so I'm hoping this stays true with the S8.

Would T-Mobile allow Premium Device Protection w. JUMP for devices not purchased directly through them?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sold unlocked out of the gate too, correct?

I didn't think about that in my excitement. It would have made sense since I'd rather pay the $650 upfront then the $30 monthly EIP.

One thing that T-Mobile is good at is getting pre-orders delivered to early adopters well in advance of the other carriers so I'm hoping this stays true with the S8.

Would T-Mobile allow Premium Device Protection w. JUMP for devices not purchased directly through them?
    I'm not sure. But Samsung gave me 0% financing for 24 months and I got to place my order for everything right there. Plus they said it will be delivered on 4/20
    Name:  20170330_071830.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  56.8 KB

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast