Thread: remove glowing at&t advert logo from rugby 4 outer screen

Feedback Score

remove glowing at&t advert logo from rugby 4 outer screen

Hi - just registered here to ask this question (have read over the years for general advice when needed).

I just bought a rugby 4 'unlocked' offa eb, seems to work fine for me on GCI (Alaska) but it's got super obnoxious glowing att logo that lights up like a dork alarm on the outside screen - another case of a corporation trying to turn us all into billboards, which we should all actively resist.

Is there a hack/way to remove that, change it to a picture of the moon or a blank screen or static, or stop it glowing, or anything?

My next step would be to cover the outer screen, but then I lose the clock!

I had to buy this one because my Alaska phone, a Nokia 106 (which I had to order from Latin America but was fairly excellent) didn't get reception when I came down to 'America' (= the lower 48 states) a month or two ago, and learned that $%#! att, who owns all the towers where I am, doesn't support <3g phones. I have zero desire for anything other than a dumbphone ('phones', we called them for thousands of years) and the choices are limited.

For a month I had an awful 'blu zoey', which - after suffering it's ridiculous 30 hour battery life (without talking - more like 90 mins max talking!), after it constantly restarted itself and demanded my unlock code, after it daily attempted to dial emergency (and once succeeded, thus becoming a public menace and hazard), then finally demanding my puk code (which I didn't have at the time and had no way to call to get!) - that was the last straw, and a week ago I twisted the thing back to heck - where it belonged - and ordered this rugby, which seems OK save for the totalitarian logo.

I refuse to use anything but GSM, even though american can't seem to get that right (my first and by far best ever mobile was the excellent, Sweedish-made, Ericcson a1018s on Kyivstar, then UMC, in Ukraine. Why has everything gotten so much worse in just 17 years?). Fearing the future when a dumbphone isn't even available... Please, new nokia, save us...

I'm not a phone enthusiast, but have done a little modding in past with available programes, so hoping there's some quasi-safe way to fix this broken design.

Feedback Score
    Geez, 290 views and no ideas? Has it really gotten this bad, that we just have to accept phones as billboards, no longer able to hack them into efficiency like 5-10 years ago?! There must be some other people equally annoyed by this... please...