Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket vs Red Pocket $25 new plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Cricket vs Red Pocket $25 new plan.

Just read on Prepaid phone news about the new unlimited Red Pocket plans. The one that caught my attention was the new $25 RP plan with 500mb data. Cricket has zero data at $25.

This is the sweet spot between $20 Airvoice and H2O EasyGo plan with 100mb data. Some people needed more than 100mb data and less than 1gb for $30 on Cricket or H2O.

So 500mb for $25 may be just what the doctor ordered. Plus you can choose Att, Verizon, tmo or sprint. What say you?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1491085375.975256.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  124.3 KB
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    I agree as far as price points. My thing is trust. Out of the way porting my # to Google Voice will not work for me. Google Voice is otherwise occupied for my purposes.

I've had bad experiences with P-, R- & Harbor Stand Still.

I'd be thrilled if AirVoice matched Red Pocket.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I noticed that the other day! I have been looking at the 2 Pix Wireless plans, one is 1500 talk, unlimited text and 150 mb for $20, the other is 500 talk, unlimited text and 100 mb for $15. I can't find many posts about Pix to find out about others experience so I haven't taken the plunge. That RP plan might get me away from Cricket, but if taxes and fees are on top of that, it's probably around $30 just like what I have now. I wish Cricket would add some data to the $25 plan.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I agree as far as price points. My thing is trust. Out of the way porting my # to Google Voice will not work for me. Google Voice is otherwise occupied for my purposes.

I've had bad experiences with P-, R- & Harbor Stand Still.

I'd be thrilled if AirVoice matched Red Pocket.
    I agree, trust is a big issue, which is why I haven't moved from Cricket yet even though I've been looking for something with less data. Halfway through the month and I haven't used any.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by touchofwhimsy View Post
    I agree, trust is a big issue, which is why I haven't moved from Cricket yet even though I've been looking for something with less data. Halfway through the month and I haven't used any.
    Then AirVoice would be perfect for you. Check it out & my sig.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    My daughter has AV, she absolutely refused to port over to Cricket and has been telling me it's time I try AV, given my low data usage. Might be time, I hate throwing money around for something I'm not using.

Feedback Score
    With CallingMart coupons & 1% points from CM. Monthly AV costs me <$19 month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Cricket vs Red Pocket $25 new plan.

Quote Originally Posted by touchofwhimsy View Post
    My daughter has AV, she absolutely refused to port over to Cricket and has been telling me it's time I try AV, given my low data usage. Might be time, I hate throwing money around for something I'm not using.
    Why does she hate Cricket?

AV has no LTE right?
    MMS can't work on AV on iPhones.
    H2O has gotten far ahead of AV except for that $10 monthly plan.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at that just a few days ago too.
    In comparison, boom has unl tlk/txt/250Mb data for $20/mo or for $25/mo that gets bumped up to 1Gb
    My minimum requirement was 1Gb per month w/ either AT&T or Vz for the least amount of $

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What does Red Pocket consider 2G speed?

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm on Twigby with "unlimited" 2g data at 64kbps starting at only $13/month. I have to say, 64kbps is VERY limiting. It is barely fast enough to send an iMessage. If it wasn't for the rock bottom price, I would be long gone - that & everyone else's 2g data seems to be just as bad, or worse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seddy View Post
    What does Red Pocket consider 2G speed?
    between 64-128K

btw anyone see this banner at red pocket? https://i.imgur.com/cvbQne8.jpg
    I must be missing something b/c it seems strange they would sell this plan, but literally right above it, if you select the unlimited with the 1Gb box, it costs $30

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Why does she hate Cricket?

AV has no LTE right?
    MMS can't work on AV on iPhones.
    H2O has gotten far ahead of AV except for that $10 monthly plan.
    I have no idea, to be honest. She doesn't have an iPhone, so that's not an issue. She can't use her phone at work and is mostly on wifi at home, like me, so maybe the LTE is not an issue. I had H20 a number of years ago and had no issues at all.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Get five people together on cricket group plan and the $20 per line for 3gb can't be beat.

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    between 64-128K

btw anyone see this banner at red pocket? https://i.imgur.com/cvbQne8.jpg
    I must be missing something b/c it seems strange they would sell this plan, but literally right above it, if you select the unlimited with the 1Gb box, it costs $30
    It's a typo. It should say 100mb, as that is the default selection for the $19 plan. Go ahead & click it - you will see an even bigger typo on the next page where it says you will get Unlimited 4g for only $19.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast