Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iOS 10.3 breaks cellular data / APN settings for Verizon

Feedback Score

iOS 10.3 breaks cellular data / APN settings for Verizon

I just upgraded my iPhone 5s which is on Tracfone BYOP Verizon to iOS 10.3 and now cellular data does not work anymore. I tried to delete and reinstall the APN profile via
    ivzwentp.tracfone.com
    ivzwinternet.tracfone.com
    http://www.unlockit.co.nz/
    but nothing works

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Try toggling airplane mode Off & on. Check & see if you have data
    Turned on, is wifi turned off ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Try toggling airplane mode Off & on. Check & see if you have data
    Turned on, is wifi turned off ??
    Thanks, but tried that all. No success

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I used one called: iPhone.flexserve.net It's a custom APN. Under Settings > General > Profile. Then, when in the profile > "more details"

It says advanced settings tracfone.vzwentp for the APN. This sounds like what you have tried, but perhaps via

different route.

Just realized when checking phone that I have 10.2 update. Will go to 10.3 see what happens. Might delete profiles

& try data ??

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    While you still can downgrade to iOS 10.2
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    While you still can downgrade to iOS 10.2
    No. Just realized I was on update 10.2

I deleted the custom APN tracfone.vzwentp , then updated to IOS 10.3 Then tried Data on LTE - it was a no go.

Downloaded the above profile again, & Wa Laa , data works. Seems odd to need to do that now. iPhone 6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    I used one called: iPhone.flexserve.net It's a custom APN. Under Settings > General > Profile. Then, when in the profile > "more details"

It says advanced settings tracfone.vzwentp for the APN. This sounds like what you have tried, but perhaps via

different route.

Just realized when checking phone that I have 10.2 update. Will go to 10.3 see what happens. Might delete profiles

& try data ??
    Thank you, this did the trick Cellular data is working again!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Glad it worked.

Feedback Score
    Is being able to change APN settings for CDMA service unique to the iPhone, or can it also be done on Android phones that have both CDMA and GSM capability? Have not seen this with CDMA only phones...the changes are done automatically by the network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    For a while my wife freaked out 10.3 was causing battery drain. I got the dreaded don't upgrade my phone complaint. But it seems fine now....thanks god! Lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Is being able to change APN settings for CDMA service unique to the iPhone, or can it also be done on Android phones that have both CDMA and GSM capability? Have not seen this with CDMA only phones...the changes are done automatically by the network.
    iPhone users can't really change the APN settings. I've just had to install this tracfone.vzwentp profile a few months ago for the first time.

It's a download from tracfone. I'm on Verizon carrier 28.4 My iPhone 6 was from Verizon , unlocked for all 4 carriers.

In the past data worked fine without installing the above profile.

Feedback Score
    I have a Verizon iPhone 5s and did not encounter any problems after 10.3 upgrade. Never had to use any APN settings on TF Verizon.

I would think the settings are more likely cause than cure problems.

Have you tried deleting the settings, followed by a network settings reset and rebooting?

You really shouldn't need APN settings for Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    I have a Verizon iPhone 5s and did not encounter any problems after 10.3 upgrade. Never had to use any APN settings on TF Verizon.

I would think the settings are more likely cause than cure problems.

Have you tried deleting the settings, followed by a network settings reset and rebooting?

You really shouldn't need APN settings for Verizon.
    No, I've not tried deleting settings / network reset & reboot. I agree - should not need the profile. Confusing to me.

I'll check out the network reset & reboot. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    No, I've not tried deleting settings / network reset & reboot. I agree - should not need the profile. Confusing to me.

I'll check out the network reset & reboot. Thanks.
    Just another point of note - I also had an iPhone 7 that didn't require APN settings when I first signed up for Tracfone. Then one day, after adding minutes to my account, I then needed to use the APN settings in order for me to get data again.

Ever since that day, I've needed the APN settings. Every so often, I delete the profile, erase my network settings and reboot just to make sure it's not needed, but it always is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oatflake View Post
    Just another point of note - I also had an iPhone 7 that didn't require APN settings when I first signed up for Tracfone. Then one day, after adding minutes to my account, I then needed to use the APN settings in order for me to get data again.

Ever since that day, I've needed the APN settings. Every so often, I delete the profile, erase my network settings and reboot just to make sure it's not needed, but it always is.
    The same happened to me: in the beginning I did not need the APN settings but suddenly data did not work without. APNs are a pain in the b...

Can someone with more insight explain why Tracfone (via Verizon) cannot be provisioned automatically?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast