Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All the US carriers now offer unlimited Data.

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Sprint escalates mobile war with free year of unlimited service for switchers
    FierceWireless June 13

The U.S. market for wireless services has grown increasingly cutthroat in recent months, but Sprint just went nuclear...

The nation’s fourth-largest mobile network operator seems to have launched a limited-time promotion offering a year of “unlimited” talk, text and data to users who switch from Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile. The deal is available through June 30 for up to five lines for users who bring their own handsets and SIM cards, and Sprint isn’t charging an activation fee.

www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html

Feedback Score
    has to be from the big three?

What about any MVNO?

What about from google voice?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO!!! View Post
    has to be from the big three?

What about any MVNO?

What about from google voice?
    I think a big issue is the CRTC is on the side of the corporations. Also the limited competition. The big three put lots of restrictions on MVNOs on their networks. i.e. Speakout only has 3g data speed on Rogers.

Companies like Sugar Mobile were shut down because Rogers didn't like how they handled wifi calling on their network. It is stuff like this that prevents services like Google Voice from operating legitimately in Canada. Another company, TextNow, based in Waterloo operates, but mostly in the US. If the CRTC opened up the market to allow these services to operate freely, we would probably get lower prices, more services (unlimited data), and so forth.

It's so crazy that you can use a US provider in Canada (because they offer free roaming) and pay less that you would for comparable service in Canada.

btw, You can use Google Voice in Canada, however, it will be a US number and it is free North American calls and text. It works over wifi and data.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Correct. I have a US number with Google Voice, and it's very handy for my friends down there to call me if they don't have calls to Canada included. Ditto for texts.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Correct. I have a US number with Google Voice, and it's very handy for my friends down there to call me if they don't have calls to Canada included. Ditto for texts.
    Have you noticed that the call quality on GV/Hangouts Dialer has gotten much better in the last few months? For me it's as good as any other type of call.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Have you noticed that the call quality on GV/Hangouts Dialer has gotten much better in the last few months? For me it's as good as any other type of call.
    It's always been good for me, actually. It's very clear over wifi, or cell data.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Funny noone complain about fact you can't stream video on most of these great US plans

T-Mobile & Verizon for sure are doing it
    I think Sprint is only one who does not (AT&T I have no official word but am skeptical they would not)

Plus US carriers are pushing hard to scrap net neutrality
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2