Thread: New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Great find! Also as an FYI, this is showing the predicted end of 2017 LTE coverage for T-Mobile. This is great for seeing a close up view of future LTE coverage, but keep in mind that this is likely showing LTE coverage of the other carriers only up to today, so by the end of 2017 they will likely have more coverage as well.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yea I'm curious how much coverage AT&T will gain after winning FirstNet in comparison.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Very cool map. I'm curious, though. When you hit Verizon, they pretty much cover every inch of the US except for what I'm guessing are mountains in the west. But really, what type of coverage do you get from Verizon in the some parts of North Dakota, for example that T-Mobile looks like they would never cover and won't cover by end of 2017.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Great find! Also as an FYI, this is showing the predicted end of 2017 LTE coverage for T-Mobile. This is great for seeing a close up view of future LTE coverage, but keep in mind that this is likely showing LTE coverage of the other carriers only up to today, so by the end of 2017 they will likely have more coverage as well.
    Interesting, but it is full of lies.

For my home area they paint the entire area as covered in 2015, 2016, 2017. It wasn't in 2015 and it isn't now. It is worse than Sprint.

I do not dispute that they are building, and that is good. I want them to be a good network, but this map is full of BS.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't begrudge T-Mobile or any of the other carriers for having a map that is a bit off when it comes to some neighborhoods. Hell, my sister has Verizon and she gets no service or a 1x signal where she moved and the Verizon map says she should be getting LTE. She called Verizon and they had to giver her some LTE extender so that she gets a good signal. What I don't like is where the carrier doesn't cover a city and yet they claim they do ok the map.

Device(s)
    Product Red 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If they can cover northern Minnesota like they're claiming to I'll be thoroughly impressed. AT&T has been fighting with Local/State government here for years to fill in their gaps up here. With their lobbyists unable to achieve such a thing I can't imagine T-Mobile's will. We'll just have to see!

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Qualcomm iPhone 7- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Interesting, but it is full of lies.

For my home area they paint the entire area as covered in 2015, 2016, 2017. It wasn't in 2015 and it isn't now. It is worse than Sprint.

I do not dispute that they are building, and that is good. I want them to be a good network, but this map is full of BS.
    The map in my area looks spot on. Great LTE coverage and growing.

Upon further consideration it sounds like you need to move ASAP to a better covered area.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    Pick your color: Red, Orange or Magenta. Don't they all exaggerate for some while seemingly yet mysteriously accurate for others? C'est la vie when it comes to wireless coverage maps.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Pick your color: Red, Orange or Magenta. Don't they all exaggerate for some while seemingly yet mysteriously accurate for others? C'est la vie when it comes to wireless coverage maps.
    Agreed but it means that comparing carriers' maps is a pointless exercise.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, this really highlights just how much more coverage Verizon has, even after their end of 2017 projections.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nobody ever seems to answer this question. I'd really like to know what type of coverage someone is getting on Verizon or ATT in North Dakota for example where T-Mobile has no coverage. Are they getting LTE and get 50 meg downloads or are they barely getting a signal and useable data?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Nobody ever seems to answer this question. I'd really like to know what type of coverage someone is getting on Verizon or ATT in North Dakota for example where T-Mobile has no coverage. Are they getting LTE and get 50 meg downloads or are they barely getting a signal and useable data?
    It would be LTE since this map is only LTE coverage, and most likely it's just band 13 in the rural areas. Even with just band 13, normally on an uncrowded tower you can easily get 30-50Mbps down.

Feedback Score

New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I agree, there is an entire road from my town to one 5-10 miles away they claim to cover with extended range LTE that in face has little to no T-Mobile coverage for most of the drive. They are really cooking those maps. I want T-Mobile to do well, I think they are the best thing for consumers that has happened in this industry but they need to chill on the maps or build out towers to in fact fill in the coverage they claim.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast