Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,119
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    2,477
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Great find! Also as an FYI, this is showing the predicted end of 2017 LTE coverage for T-Mobile. This is great for seeing a close up view of future LTE coverage, but keep in mind that this is likely showing LTE coverage of the other carriers only up to today, so by the end of 2017 they will likely have more coverage as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,119
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yea I'm curious how much coverage AT&T will gain after winning FirstNet in comparison.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    324
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Very cool map. I'm curious, though. When you hit Verizon, they pretty much cover every inch of the US except for what I'm guessing are mountains in the west. But really, what type of coverage do you get from Verizon in the some parts of North Dakota, for example that T-Mobile looks like they would never cover and won't cover by end of 2017.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,231
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Great find! Also as an FYI, this is showing the predicted end of 2017 LTE coverage for T-Mobile. This is great for seeing a close up view of future LTE coverage, but keep in mind that this is likely showing LTE coverage of the other carriers only up to today, so by the end of 2017 they will likely have more coverage as well.
    Interesting, but it is full of lies.

    For my home area they paint the entire area as covered in 2015, 2016, 2017. It wasn't in 2015 and it isn't now. It is worse than Sprint.

    I do not dispute that they are building, and that is good. I want them to be a good network, but this map is full of BS.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    324
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't begrudge T-Mobile or any of the other carriers for having a map that is a bit off when it comes to some neighborhoods. Hell, my sister has Verizon and she gets no service or a 1x signal where she moved and the Verizon map says she should be getting LTE. She called Verizon and they had to giver her some LTE extender so that she gets a good signal. What I don't like is where the carrier doesn't cover a city and yet they claim they do ok the map.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,506
    Device(s)
    Product Red 128 GB iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    If they can cover northern Minnesota like they're claiming to I'll be thoroughly impressed. AT&T has been fighting with Local/State government here for years to fill in their gaps up here. With their lobbyists unable to achieve such a thing I can't imagine T-Mobile's will. We'll just have to see!

    Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

    -

    Qualcomm iPhone 7- AT&T Unlimited Plus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    13,811
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    Donald Newcomb

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,119
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Interesting, but it is full of lies.

    For my home area they paint the entire area as covered in 2015, 2016, 2017. It wasn't in 2015 and it isn't now. It is worse than Sprint.

    I do not dispute that they are building, and that is good. I want them to be a good network, but this map is full of BS.
    The map in my area looks spot on. Great LTE coverage and growing.

    Upon further consideration it sounds like you need to move ASAP to a better covered area.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,119
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    Pick your color: Red, Orange or Magenta. Don't they all exaggerate for some while seemingly yet mysteriously accurate for others? C'est la vie when it comes to wireless coverage maps.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    13,811
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Pick your color: Red, Orange or Magenta. Don't they all exaggerate for some while seemingly yet mysteriously accurate for others? C'est la vie when it comes to wireless coverage maps.
    Agreed but it means that comparing carriers' maps is a pointless exercise.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    2,477
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Also, this really highlights just how much more coverage Verizon has, even after their end of 2017 projections.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    324
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nobody ever seems to answer this question. I'd really like to know what type of coverage someone is getting on Verizon or ATT in North Dakota for example where T-Mobile has no coverage. Are they getting LTE and get 50 meg downloads or are they barely getting a signal and useable data?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    2,477
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Nobody ever seems to answer this question. I'd really like to know what type of coverage someone is getting on Verizon or ATT in North Dakota for example where T-Mobile has no coverage. Are they getting LTE and get 50 meg downloads or are they barely getting a signal and useable data?
    It would be LTE since this map is only LTE coverage, and most likely it's just band 13 in the rural areas. Even with just band 13, normally on an uncrowded tower you can easily get 30-50Mbps down.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,300
    Feedback Score
    0

    New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    I agree, there is an entire road from my town to one 5-10 miles away they claim to cover with extended range LTE that in face has little to no T-Mobile coverage for most of the drive. They are really cooking those maps. I want T-Mobile to do well, I think they are the best thing for consumers that has happened in this industry but they need to chill on the maps or build out towers to in fact fill in the coverage they claim.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2015, 05:40 PM
  2. New T Mobile Coverage Maps
    By jctusa7 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 10:37 AM
  3. New Public Mobile Cell Tower Map
    By loxcel in forum Public Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 12:35 AM
  4. new versions of these comparison maps?
    By joepoid in forum AT&T
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:51 PM
  5. New T-mobile/Voicestream Coverage map
    By frangus in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2002, 09:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks