Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dish and Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Dish and Verizon

So Dish had until March 2017 to reliably build out AWS-4 to 40% of the population, but none of the information I'm finding suggests they've even begun. https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...trum-holdings/

It's April now. What is the FCC going to do with Dish's AWS-4 holdings?

As noted in other threads, Verizon is facing a huge spectrum crunch that it is only delaying with its frenzied pace of densification, but the strain is showing in more and more markets. Verizon has lost exclusive first-place status in many 1H 2017 RootMetrics market reports, with their speeds continuing to decrease. Along with Verizon's launch of their new unlimited plan, and the replacement of the anti-Dish, anti-unlimited data Shammo with Ellis as CFO, the time has never been more ripe for an attempt to take either Dish's spectrum, or Dish itself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    So Dish had until March 2017 to reliably build out AWS-4 to 40% of the population, but none of the information I'm finding suggests they've even begun. https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...trum-holdings/

It's April now. What is the FCC going to do with Dish's AWS-4 holdings?

As noted in other threads, Verizon is facing a huge spectrum crunch that it is only delaying with its frenzied pace of densification, but the strain is showing in more and more markets. Verizon has lost exclusive first-place status in many 1H 2017 RootMetrics market reports, with their speeds continuing to decrease. Along with Verizon's launch of their new unlimited plan, and the replacement of the anti-Dish, anti-unlimited data Shammo with Ellis as CFO, the time has never been more ripe for an attempt to take either Dish's spectrum, or Dish itself.
    I bet VZW gets it. Maybe it's why they didn't buy much of aws3. What band number of AWS 4?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    What band number of AWS 4?
    Band 70. http://marketrealist.com/2017/02/how...-its-spectrum/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    From what I've seen That's Nationwide

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wikipedia is also listing Band 23 as AWS-4.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 8.47.50 PM.png
Views: 913
Size:  25.8 KB

Feedback Score
    I've been saying for over a year Verizon needs to strike a deal with dish or they will fall from the number One spot. 116 MHz of spectrum nationwide on average isn't enough to sustain 145 million customers. They have the least amount of capacity per subscriber. Density helps but it will only delay the crunch for a year or two. At&t now had 10x10 band 14 and 10x10 of nearly nationwide 66 that's not even deployed yet. They are sitting pretty in the capacity department.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I've been saying for over a year Verizon needs to strike a deal with dish or they will fall from the number One spot. 116 MHz of spectrum nationwide on average isn't enough to sustain 145 million customers. They have the least amount of capacity per subscriber. Density helps but it will only delay the crunch for a year or two. At&t now had 10x10 band 14 and 10x10 of nearly nationwide 66 that's not even deployed yet. They are sitting pretty in the capacity department.
    T-Mobile needs more Spectrum to. Their only faster cause of less customers

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile needs more Spectrum to. Their only faster cause of less customers

Yes but they have more capacity per subscriber and if they merge with Sprint they will have plenty Of spectrum. Verizon is in the most trouble IMO.

Feedback Score
    Yes but they have more capacity per subscriber and if they merge with Sprint they will have plenty Of spectrum. Verizon is in the most trouble IMO.
    Yes if TMobile can't Merge with Sprint then they will need more. If they ever got 100 million plus customers their Speeds would start slowing down

Feedback Score
    Yes if TMobile can't Merge with Sprint then they will need more. If they ever got 100 million plus customers their Speeds would start slowing down

Yes which I don't see for many years should a sprint merger fail.

Feedback Score
    Yes which I don't see for many years should a sprint merger fail.
    Did VZW participate in the 600 mhz auction to get more Spectrum? I've heard att dropped out

Feedback Score
    Did VZW participate in the 600 mhz auction to get more Spectrum? I've heard att dropped out

They did , nobody knows what they won in the auction. We'll find out soon ( probably in a week or two)

Feedback Score
    They did , nobody knows what they won in the auction. We'll find out soon ( probably in a week or two)
    If Vzw bought Nationwide 30mhz that could help. I've heard 850 MHz reframing is also happening that helps.

Feedback Score
    If Vzw bought Nationwide 30mhz that could help. I've heard 850 MHz reframing is also happening that helps.

I seriously doubt Verizon got nationwide 600 MHz. Possibly they won blocks of 600 where they have PCS only. Everyone is anticipating T-Mobile to land the nationwide 600 since 30 MHz was already reserved for them.

Feedback Score
    I seriously doubt Verizon got nationwide 600 MHz. Possibly they won blocks of 600 where they have PCS only. Everyone is anticipating T-Mobile to land the nationwide 600 since 30 MHz was already reserved for them.
    Got ya. If TMobile were to Merge with Sprint the combined company would have to give up some Spectrum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast