Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to turn off Cricket status texts to some of my lines

Feedback Score

How to turn off Cricket status texts to some of my lines

I have 5 lines including my Mom and two "renter" accounts from people I don't know.

Every time I make a change to a plan or buy a phone or whatever, Cricket sends texts like "GOT IT - We got your payment of $40 blah blah blah" and sends it to all 5 of these phones. I'm often doing stuff like this at 11:30pm or something and my wife is like "who is texting me now!!!!" I can imagine that my renters are also like WTF is going on.....

Is there a way to shut down these status update checks on the other phone lines and just go to my phone? It's not that big a deal but with my Mexico vacation (switching up and then back down on two different lines) and now new SIM card and phone order etc, I have generated a number of "interactions" with Cricket and each gets a big text........

Feedback Score
    I have the same issue. When I asked Cricket they said it was not possible to prevent these messages from going to all lines.

Brandon Terry
    Brandon's Tech Support
    Fb.com/BrandonsTechSupport
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I asked them that like 2yrs ago, and got the same answer. Sadly I don't think they're in any hurry to offer this option

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Yep. I've asked them multiple times, and every time I get the same response: no can do.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I tell my family to ignore all cricket texts. Or to block them from showing on iPhone.
    Join Cricket Wireless (same AT&T signal) and get $25 in credit! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Same problem here, wish I could turn them off as well.

Feedback Score
    I've complained to them in the past. I guess it's time to complain again. Maybe I'll send them an email from each of my phone numbers. The more we all complain, the more likely it will get fixed at some point.

Feedback Score
    When I had Cricket & moved my SIM to another phone I'd get close to a dozen texts within a minute.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

AirVoice (AT&T) $20 a month UTnT 50MB
    T-Mobile ToGo Gold Rewards $10/yr exp extension
    Tello (Sprint) Pay As You Go $5 [1+ calls in 6mo Never Expires]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    When I had Cricket & moved my SIM to another phone I'd get close to a dozen texts within a minute.
    Oy vay....so if I load a new SIM into one of my phones does it spit out all the welcome texts to every line?

Feedback Score
    Don't know about every line. I had 1 line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Oy vay....so if I load a new SIM into one of my phones does it spit out all the welcome texts to every line?
    When I move my Cricket SIMs around, the "new" phone(s) gets 3-4 "Cricket Welcome" texts. Every time, without fail. It's irritating, but...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    1st world problems

Feedback Score
    This is one item about cricket that rubs me the wrong way but until other wise "it is what it is".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    When I move my Cricket SIMs around, the "new" phone(s) gets 3-4 "Cricket Welcome" texts. Every time, without fail. It's irritating, but...
    Totally makes sense that the NEW PHONE would get all the welcome messages. But wouldn't make sense that all 5 of my lines would get the same "welcome to Cricket" messages. Hopefully they won't.

But yes, First World Problems indeed

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They don't. Only the phone that gets the new SIM gets the welcome messages. I know this because I recently upgraded 3 phones on account and only saw those messages when on the phone when it received its new SIM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast