Thread: Three UK - 12 GB for 12 months, can be used in US

Feedback Score

Three UK - 12 GB for 12 months, can be used in US

Has anyone tried this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Three-12GB-P...3D282418275275

Seller claims it can be used in the US. Wondering which network (Tmo or AT&T) and is it exclusively HSPA+? Anyone wants to take a plunge and try and report back?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    Has anyone tried this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Three-12GB-P...3D282418275275

Seller claims it can be used in the US. Wondering which network (Tmo or AT&T) and is it exclusively HSPA+? Anyone wants to take a plunge and try and report back?
    That seems like an amazing deal! I sure could have used this when I was in Europe last year. Too bad it doesn't have coverage in Canada, which would make it irresistible, lol!

Feedback Score
    Perhaps the same set of countries as the FreedomPop Global SIM, which is a Three UK SIM.

Feedback Score
    This is an intriguing offer, but in looking at the Three (U.K.) web site, I note that:

"Feel At Home is designed for UK residents who are on holiday or business trips abroad. It is not designed for extended periods abroad–see ‘usage restrictions’ in our support pages via the link below for details."

"Feel At Home is intended for our UK customers who are visiting one of the Feel At Home destinations for short
    periods, like holidays or business trips. It isn’t designed for people who live abroad or stay for extended periods.
    If you roam exclusively in a Feel At Home destination for any 2 complete months in a rolling 12-month period,
    we may suspend international roaming on your account, meaning you will no longer be able to use your device
    abroad. Of course, we will let you know in advance if this is likely to happen. If you spend a full month abroad but
    some of that time is spent in a destination that isn’t included in Feel At Home, the restriction won’t apply."

Recharges to a SIM must be made with a credit card registered in the U.K.

Still, this could be useful for a one- or two-month trip.

However, it's not clear to me how I would use such a SIM in a wifi hotspot. I have MF61s and ZTE915s that I have used on T-Mobile and an Orange (France) dongle, but don't know if these would work with a Three SIM and properly handle account authorization.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    From my reading, Three UK is aggressive against unauthorized use, since it also has unlimited plans. In any case, only eBay noobs would buy from a seller with ZERO feedback.
    Maybe a noob will buy one and report their experience here.

I do notice there is another seller with a lengthy track record offering the same pre-loaded Three sim for $35 instead of the $20 price offered by the seller who joined Ebay over the weekend and has no history.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ebay will usually find in favor of the buyer. If there's any issues, the seller will almost always lose. Ebay is a necessary evil.

Feedback Score
    But by time you have a problem, it might be too long after the eBay sale for eBay to get involved, per its terms.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Paypal is 180 days.

Feedback Score
    I've used a regular payasyougo sim in the USA. They cut you offer if you have used it for 30 days continuous use or if they suspect you are not a uk tourist in the USA. The USA roaming is meant for UK residents on trips here.

Feedback Score
    At what point do they terminate your service if you used it only in the US?

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've used '3' sims quite abit while travelling, I think they know these Sim's are full on traveller sims. As they are usually priced higher than native sims bought in the UK.. They work well.. I don't think you would have to follow the same rules as a Native purchaser with recurring charges..

Feedback Score
    They are priced higher because they are resellers trying to make money. The sims are meant for UK residents and chances are they will cut you off at some point. If you use them on and off you are probably fine.

Feedback Score
    Listing says these are data only. Freedompop is a much better deal then.