Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Three UK - 12 GB for 12 months, can be used in US

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Lineage may work. I guess that is the closest successor to CM 14.1 now.
    Enjoy Lycamobile...the Ryanair of mobile phone service providers
    Air , Water , Fire....LYCA

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    e.mote, rs899,

I'll read up on flashing my dual sim moto E to Lineage. Last thing I flashed to CM (awhile ago) were a couple Nook HD+. Thanks for the suggestions.

Eric

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Good luck. It's a bit harder than a Nook.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    My daughter is traveling to Europe and has been to Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal. The three U.K. 12gb plan has been great.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Blacksurfer,

Is she using the Three U.K. sim for data in her phone or is she using it as a hotspot to use other devices? Thanks.

Eric

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

Just an update. I'm still in the US but did the following: 1) flashed my Moto E LTE dual sim (XT1521) phone to Lineage OS 14.1; 2) activated one of my Three sim cards and set up the 12Gb/3000 minutes/3000 text add-on for £20; 3) data works fine on the phone here in the US; 4) tethering DOES WORK on my flashed Moto E here in the US, so it should work also in Germany.

I'll test it out in a couple weeks. Pretty cool. RS899, thanks for posting that tethering worked for you on your rooted/flashed phone.

Eric

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Folks,

Just an update. I'm still in the US but did the following: 1) flashed my Moto E LTE dual sim (XT1521) phone to Lineage OS 14.1; 2) activated one of my Three sim cards and set up the 12Gb/3000 minutes/3000 text add-on for £20; 3) data works fine on the phone here in the US; 4) tethering DOES WORK on my flashed Moto E here in the US, so it should work also in Germany.

I'll test it out in a couple weeks. Pretty cool. RS899, thanks for posting that tethering worked for you on your rooted/flashed phone.

Eric
    Thanks for posting the info. What data speeds are you getting on the dual SIM Moto E XT1521?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Boz1,

I was on AT&T and got 9-13mbps down and 5-6mbps up. Not bad at all. I'll post what my speeds are when I'm in Germany in a couple weeks.

Eric

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

Using the flashed Moto E as a hotspot in Copenhagen. Works good. 5mb down, 3mb up. I'm showing 3DK for network.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Does the FP global SIM still work? If yes, speed same or different from the paid 3UK SIM?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    e.mote,

I didn't have time to test my freedompop global sims in Copenhagen, but will on the way back home when I have a layover in Copenhagen again. I'm in Berlin right now and getting about 12-14mb down and 1mb up with the Three sim in my flashed Moto E. I did notice earlier that the Three sim was acting flakey: couldn't get internet even though I was connected. I'm here for a couple weeks, so I'll have plenty of time to test it out along with the freedompop global sims.

eric

Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Glad to hear that the ThreeUK is working well.

My experience with the Freedompop global SIM was pretty spotty. I had trouble connecting in Copenhagen one time and in the UK! I am glad I didn't have to rely on it (just used it in SWMBOs phone so we could use Hangouts with each other if needed).

But the real Three SIM was rock solid and pretty fast.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Blacksurfer,

Is she using the Three U.K. sim for data in her phone or is she using it as a hotspot to use other devices? Thanks.

Eric
    Just data as she travel.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Blacksurfer,

Thanks for the information. Here's an update on the Three sim: everything is working fine. When I first arrived in Berlin last week I was having some problems using the Three sim in my Moto E (flashed to lineage OS). The phone showed I was connected, but internet/data wasn't working well. Not sure if it is the lineage OS, or the sim? Anyhow, I only had problems that first day. The sim has been working fine in the Moto E as a hotspot. I've almost burned through the 9Gb of data you can use when roaming in Europe with the Three sim.

Eric

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3