Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need help from someone with a Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Need help from someone with a Phoenix 2

I started using my Phoenix 2 since last July and usually get 5-6 days from full charge to when the battery gets down to 20%. Starting about 10 days ago, I only get 3-4 days for the same amount of battery usage, and my usage pattern hasn't changed. Before, the phone would use 0-1% when left alone on my night table overnight (Wifi off, Data off, Cell service on). Now, it would use 8-9% overnight in same conditions.

I looked at the components/apps that used the battery (Settings-->Battery & power saving-->Battery usage-->scroll down and touch Wifi) and it shows "Wifi running" the same amount of time as when the phone was last charge (i.e. Wifi is ALWAYS on), but I have Wifi on only occasionally. I confirmed that Wifi was not on stealthily by trying to check my email and there was no connection.

Could someone with a Phoenix 2 go through the steps that I described above and see if your phone shows "Wifi running" the same amount of time as when your phone was last charged? Thanks in advance for your help.

Name:  Screenshot_2017-04-06-18-01-04.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-04-06-18-01-15.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-04-06-18-01-27.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  25.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Is your wifi hotspot turned on ??
    Try removing the battery and restart the phone and see if it still
    Does it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Is your wifi hotspot turned on ??
    Try removing the battery and restart the phone and see if it still
    Does it.
    The Phoenix 2 is capable of acting as a wifi hotspot, but since my phone is on Tracfone/AT&T (not a bonafide AT&T customer) that feature cannot be activated.

The Wifi setting has an Auto Connect option to automatically connect to any available AT&T hotspot. The option is selected; I'll deselect it and see if it makes a different.

I've turned the phone off and back on a few times, but haven't pulled the battery yet. I'll see if deselecting the Auto Connect makes any difference; if not, I'll pull the battery next.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I started using my Phoenix 2 since last July and usually get 5-6 days from full charge to when the battery gets down to 20%. Starting about 10 days ago, I only get 3-4 days for the same amount of battery usage, and my usage pattern hasn't changed. Before, the phone would use 0-1% when left alone on my night table overnight (Wifi off, Data off, Cell service on). Now, it would use 8-9% overnight in same conditions....
    I have a Phoenix 2 purchased and used since Thanksgiving 2016, but it doesn't matter.

If you have repeatedly discharged the battery down to 20% you have damaged it. No setting you make will make it better.

Lithium batteries last longest with shallow discharges, like between 75% and 95%. I just charge mine every morning. I don't bother watching it to stop charging at 95%.

You can reduce additional damage by not deeply discharging it. A battery that only discharges 9% overnight probably still has a lot of life in it if the abuse stops.

It's not good to leave it at 100% for extended periods either.

The good news is that the Phoenix 2 has a replacable battery.

Feedback Score
    My overnight went from 90% to 88% but I had it in airplane mode as wi-fi has been coming on, on it's own overnight. I turned off auto connect and it still does it. Not all the time about 30% of the time. Just started doing it to me about two weeks ago. I thought maybe it was because my phone is in disconnect mode right now as I haven't transferred my bundle back yet. Check the updates and see if they snuck one in on us...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I have a Phoenix 2 purchased and used since Thanksgiving 2016, but it doesn't matter.
    Could you please check for me and see if your "Wifi Running" time is the same as when your phone was last charged?

If you have repeatedly discharged the battery down to 20% you have damaged it. No setting you make will make it better.
    With my L41C U2, I recharged it whenever it got down to 15%. After 2 1/2 years of service (before I switched from the U2 to the Phoenix 2), I still got 8-10 days between charges on it. No change in battery performance. I'll keep doing what I've been doing.

Feedback Score
    Could you please check for me and see if your "Wifi Running" time is the same as when your phone was last charged?...
    They are about the same. I normally leave Wifi on all the time. Today I turned it off for a few minutes to test something on mobile data.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They are about the same.
    Are they about the same or exactly the same? Mine are exactly the same even though I only have Wifi on occasionally. So something wacko is going on with my phone.

Feedback Score
    Are they about the same or exactly the same? Mine are exactly the same even though I only have Wifi on occasionally. So something wacko is going on with my phone.
    Usage on battery is 8h 50 min. Wifi running is 8h 43 min. That corresponds to the time I turned off Wifi earlier today.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Usage on battery is 8h 50 min. Wifi running is 8h 43 min. That corresponds to the time I turned off Wifi earlier today.
    Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    Not just your phone. My Galaxy Core Prime is recently showing the same high battery use of Wi-Fi, which has not been turned on since last charge. 52%! Time from last charge is exactly the same as Wi-Fi use time. There must be a rogue app in common use that can use Wi-Fi in the background.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Not just your phone. My Galaxy Core Prime is recently showing the same high battery use of Wi-Fi, which has not been turned on since last charge. . There must be a rogue app in common use that can use Wi-Fi in the background.
    I was thinking it might be the TF MyAccount app (R3.0.19), but it was last updated on Feb 23. The problem just started for me about 10 days ago.

Feedback Score
    I was thinking it might be the TF MyAccount app (R3.0.19), but it was last updated on Feb 23. The problem just started for me about 10 days ago.
    TF MyAccount app (R3.0.19) has Wifi optimizer turned on by default. I just noticed. I don't want the TF app messing with my Wifi. I don't use it often enough to worry about whether it uses a bit of data.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if it could be from Google voice. I updated it a couple weeks ago...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    TF MyAccount app (R3.0.19) has Wifi optimizer turned on by default. I just noticed.
    On my phone, the WiFi optimizer of MyAccount was disabled. When it was enabled by default before, it would turn on WiFi whenever I came home from being out. But at least I could see the WiFi icon being on. With my current problem, it's puzzling because the phone shows WiFi uses battery constantly but Wifi is off and there's no online access.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast