Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Unlimited Freedom

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Not possible. I just left AT&T and went back to Sprint today. Long story. Anyway, I was gone from Sprint for only a couple of weeks and when I came back, I asked to be put on the new plan. They would not budge. They said there was no way to do it because the system simply would not let them. I even talked to retention's and threatened to leave again and they said they simply did not have the option to offer this plan to existing customers. So I'm on the $65 unlimited plan and get a $5.00 discount for having AAA. Good enough for me. I think if you want to change your SERO plan, you could get on the $65 unlimited plan. The new $50 unlimited plan is a promotion.
    I was able to switch to Unlimited Freedom with promotional pricing through a chat window. I am a long time customer of Sprint. I would advise you to keep trying, because it can be done. It stinks that they are not upfront about it like some of the other companies, but they will try to keep your business if you make a little respectful noise.
    I don't feel like a thread-killer...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Why mot switch to framily plan https://www.reddit.com/r/SprintFramily/
    Wow. Surprised to see that's still going on.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I had been on the fence about this until yesterday, obviously the deal was dead then a little research that I could walk into a boost store and walk out with $149/ iPhone 6's and $49 5's. Family of 5 is set unlimited everything, no financed phones, no activation charges and most importantly no looming plan expiration date. $125/mo Yes roaming would have been nice, but I personally think the Boost deal is better.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hoping people here can address some questions: (with respect to single line plans)
    1. How is it more expensive than T-Mobile if it only goes up to $60 for the 2nd year. Basically if you stay for two years it averages to $55 a month
    2. I know it varies by state, but what would be estimated taxes on individual plan (about 10%) like Verizon
    3. Do corporate discounts apply ? Not that I know if I can get one.
    4. I've read on androidcentral there is a $350 ETF. How can there be an ETF if there is no contract ?
    5. If you visit Mexico or Canada, is anything included , what are the costs?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if this plan includes domestic roaming? Like specifically how we could roam on Verizon back when I was on sprint?
    Currently: iPhone 5 64GB (white)
    Former: HTC One (black), HTC One X+, iPhone 5 White 16GB, iPhone 4 (black) 32GB, myTouch 4G, myTouch 3G slide, iPhone 3GS Black 32GB, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Equinox, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Dash 3G, Sony Ericsson TM506, BlackBerry Storm (unlocked for TMO), Samsung Behold, T-Mobile G-1, Verizon XV6800, Verizon Samsung i760, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile Dash, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, Nextel i860, Nextel i730, Nextel i95cl.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sikkboy626 View Post
    Anyone know if this plan includes domestic roaming? Like specifically how we could roam on Verizon back when I was on sprint?
    It includes 100 MB on Verizon/US Cellular and on most of Sprint's other partners it's unlimited.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Hoping people here can address some questions: (with respect to single line plans)
    1. How is it more expensive than T-Mobile if it only goes up to $60 for the 2nd year. Basically if you stay for two years it averages to $55 a month
    2. I know it varies by state, but what would be estimated taxes on individual plan (about 10%) like Verizon
    4. I've read on androidcentral there is a $350 ETF. How can there be an ETF if there is no contract ?
    5. If you visit Mexico or Canada, is anything included , what are the costs?

Thanks.
    Hoping someone can help with these questions.... Anyone ?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirt View Post
    I was able to switch to Unlimited Freedom with promotional pricing through a chat window. I am a long time customer of Sprint. I would advise you to keep trying, because it can be done. It stinks that they are not upfront about it like some of the other companies, but they will try to keep your business if you make a little respectful noise.
    This was done outside of policy. You'll need a lot of patience to dig to find a rep willing to do that. I got written up a month ago for migrating existing customers to these new customer promos. Sprint has made it very clear to its employees and dealers that there will be consequences for moving these customers.

In other words, it's still possible, but don't be surprised if you have to call back a million times to get this deal.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do corporate discounts apply to this plan?

Feedback Score
    $5 per line, I believe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    4. I’ve read on androidcentral there is a $350 ETF. How can there be an ETF if there is no contract?
    5. If you visit Mexico or Canada, is anything included, what are the costs?

Thanks.
    1. On T-Mobile, it’s $70 flat (since taxes and fees are included). I live in NYC and that makes a huge difference, because when it comes to taxes and fees we pay on average 24.36% (or such was the figure in 2016; not sure what it is now, but I’m certain it didn’t go down).
    2. See #1.
    3. No. It's the same with T-Mobile, though they recently ran a promotion where if you ported in you would get 20% off for life. It was a limited promotion, but with that discount, T-Mobile is much cheaper than Sprint, at leat where I live.
    4. Not sure. Maybe it’s in regards to phone leasing. Or maybe it's a mistake.
    5. Not sure, but I know with T-Mobile there are no roaming charges for Mexico and Canada.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Makkari View Post
    1. On T-Mobile, it’s $70 flat (since taxes and fees are included). I live in NYC and that makes a huge difference, because when it comes to taxes and fees we pay on average 24.36% (or such was the figure in 2016; not sure what it is now, but I’m certain it didn’t go down).
    2. See #1.
    3. No. It's the same with T-Mobile, though they recently ran a promotion where if you ported in you would get 20% off for life. It was a limited promotion, but with that discount, T-Mobile is much cheaper than Sprint, at leat where I live.
    4. Not sure. Maybe it’s in regards to phone leasing. Or maybe it's a mistake.
    5. Not sure, but I know with T-Mobile there are no roaming charges for Mexico and Canada.
    Thanks. I missed the T-Mobile plan, wish I got in. There was a 20% MetroPCS deal but you have to get the code in store.

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As a data point, I called Sprint today and asked about what I'd owe on my devices (installment plan) if I switched to T-Mobile. They asked me why I wanted to switch, and when they found out they gave met the 2 lines for $100 normally only available to those switching to Sprint and $200 in service credits ($50 per line, per month for two months) for hanging around. I have auto-pay in effect anyways, so that goes to $90 a month after the $5 per line auto-pay discount kicks in. Sure T-Mobile is a bit cheaper when taxes and fees are figured in, but Sprint's plan includes 10MB hotspot which I have to pay extra for on T-Mobile. Also, I have early upgrade on both lines, and Sprint is cheaper because they do not require you to purchase the insurance to upgrade early.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmster View Post
    As a data point, I called Sprint today and asked about what I'd owe on my devices (installment plan) if I switched to T-Mobile. They asked me why I wanted to switch, and when they found out they gave met the 2 lines for $100 normally only available to those switching to Sprint and $200 in service credits ($50 per line, per month for two months) for hanging around. I have auto-pay in effect anyways, so that goes to $90 a month after the $5 per line auto-pay discount kicks in. Sure T-Mobile is a bit cheaper when taxes and fees are figured in, but Sprint's plan includes 10MB hotspot which I have to pay extra for on T-Mobile. Also, I have early upgrade on both lines, and Sprint is cheaper because they do not require you to purchase the insurance to upgrade early.
    Unless something changed recently, the T-Mobile's plan inlcudes the 10GB hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Makkari View Post
    Unless something changed recently, the T-Mobile's plan inlcudes the 10GB hotspot.
    They charge $5.00 extra for it. It was included for a small time for free, that promo is over. Should say it's $5 extra per line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast