Thread: Sprint Unlimited Freedom

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Sprint Unlimited Freedom

(Goes back to regular pricing on 6/30/18)

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...-unlimited.htm

Starts Today April 7th

Unlimited Data, Talk and Text for $50/month for the first line.

Two lines for $40 month/line.

Four lines for $30 month/line.

That's only $30 per line for a family of four. (Compared to…Verizon at $45/month per line for a family of four! Save $720 in the first year with Sprint.)

A fully featured unlimited plan that includes HD streaming for video, music and gaming, and 10GB/month per line of mobile hotspot data.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sprint usually screws the pooch with these deals for two reasons, 1) they have an expiration date on it and 2) they do not offer it to their existing customers, you know the ones that deserve it for sticking with Sprint.

I will never understand the mindset of alienating your existing customers through exclusion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They really need to get rid of these temporary price cuts. At least with other carriers, once you get the limited time rate plan, you keep it for as long as you want. With Sprint you get screwed after a little over a year. Just encourages their loyal customers to flee.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    I would have easily switched to Sprint for this plan, but the expiration date stopped me. I could see them offering the plan for a limited time, to see if it attracts customers, but to put an expiration date on the pricing itself turned me away: not gonna have one consistent bill for one year, then a higher bill aftewards. I appreciate that they are being upfront about it, but it discourages me (and probably many others) nonetheless.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    Sprint usually screws the pooch with these deals for two reasons, 1) they have an expiration date on it and 2) they do not offer it to their existing customers, you know the ones that deserve it for sticking with Sprint.

I will never understand the mindset of alienating your existing customers through exclusion
    These are exactly my feelings about this. It's a shame, because the plan really caught my attention.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    (Goes back to regular pricing on 6/30/18)

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...-unlimited.htm

Starts Today April 7th

Unlimited Data, Talk and Text for $50/month for the first line.

Two lines for $40 month/line.

Four lines for $30 month/line.

That's only $30 per line for a family of four. (Compared to…Verizon at $45/month per line for a family of four! Save $720 in the first year with Sprint.)

A fully featured unlimited plan that includes HD streaming for video, music and gaming, and 10GB/month per line of mobile hotspot data.

sprint really needs to spot with this 1-2 year end promo thing..first years its $130 then its $300 after the promo ends...
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Am I missing something. The criticism seems a bit overblown. Even after the one year promotion ends, the Freedom Unlimited plan will be cheaper than either AT&T and Verizon. The plans will be still more expensive than T-Mobile, but since you will pay less the first year it should even out.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if it's possible for someone currently on SERO to switch to this plan and get new customer pricing? Or would I be stuck with existing customer pricing? Thanks!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmster View Post
    Am I missing something. The criticism seems a bit overblown. Even after the one year promotion ends, the Freedom Unlimited plan will be cheaper than either AT&T and Verizon. The plans will be still more expensive than T-Mobile, but since you will pay less the first year it should even out.
    Depends how long you stay, if you stay for years than the first year discount is negligible. All it does is increase churn, increase hatred for Sprint as their bills go up, and causes loyal customers to leave.

Feedback Score
    I won't debate what is or is not an overblown reaction. I can speak only for myself. I am a T-Mobile customer, who would have switched to Sprint, but decided not to, because I don't wish to pay one price this year and then another price next year or the years that follow. With T-Mobile (or Verizon or AT&T) I know that my price will remain the same as long as I don't change my plan. I thought the idea was to attract and retain customers. They won't attract or retain me with a 1-year promotion. As to other people, if a customer were leaving Verizon or AT&T because they wanted a cheaper price, they would have left already, because Sprint has always been cheaper than Verizon and AT&T, so, in that sense, nothing has changed with regard to the "big two." As to T-Mobile, they are the ones changing the industry. Sprint didn't cause Verizon to bring back "unlimited." It was T-Mobile's disruptive practices, which some might call gimmicky, but they worked. They got Verizon to bring back "unlimited" and then AT&T followed. Sprint always had "unlimited," but not with the mobile hotspot included or HD video streaming. T-Mobile forced Verizon's hand and Verizon responded by "one-upping" them with HD video streaming and the included mobile hotspot. (T-Mobile had this only on the One Plus plan.) Once Verizon began promoting their "unlimited" plan, the industry followed. Still, it was T-Mobile that sparked the changed. That's what it means to be a game changer or industry leader. Sprint seems to be scrambling to decide what they should do next rather than being innovative or being a leader. They should look toward T-Mobile as a model. T-Mobile has promotional deals that end, but the pricing doesn't change after a year. Once you lock into a price/plan, it does not change. I cannot speak for everyone, but that matters to me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This main issue to me is if I were a sprint customer (which I am not) I would be seriously pissed if they came out with a sweet deal for unlimited but wouldn't offer it to me as a current customer. I have T-Mobile and when the new unlimited plans came out I had the choice to go with one or stay with my current plan. Point is I had the choice which for a current customer is a nice option considering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible for someone currently on SERO to switch to this plan and get new customer pricing? Or would I be stuck with existing customer pricing? Thanks!
    Not possible. I just left AT&T and went back to Sprint today. Long story. Anyway, I was gone from Sprint for only a couple of weeks and when I came back, I asked to be put on the new plan. They would not budge. They said there was no way to do it because the system simply would not let them. I even talked to retention's and threatened to leave again and they said they simply did not have the option to offer this plan to existing customers. So I'm on the $65 unlimited plan and get a $5.00 discount for having AAA. Good enough for me. I think if you want to change your SERO plan, you could get on the $65 unlimited plan. The new $50 unlimited plan is a promotion.

Device(s)
    Samsung X105
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Depends how long you stay, if you stay for years than the first year discount is negligible. All it does is increase churn, increase hatred for Sprint as their bills go up, and causes loyal customers to leave.
    Hmmm, I get my voice, internet and TV from Comcast (dba as Xfinity) and that is their business model. Alas, I live in a building without any choice, but Verizon is now conducting studies on how wire the building with Fios. Guess what, while competition is great as we know from our cell phone bills, Verizon pulls the exact same strategy of reeling you in with time limited deals and then increasing the rates after the "promotion" expires.

For me, I will sit this price war out. I have Wifi and home and at my work. I get 6GB and use half of that on average. I don't need unlimited data because I simply will not use it all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Not possible. I just left AT&T and went back to Sprint today. Long story. Anyway, I was gone from Sprint for only a couple of weeks and when I came back, I asked to be put on the new plan. They would not budge. They said there was no way to do it because the system simply would not let them. I even talked to retention's and threatened to leave again and they said they simply did not have the option to offer this plan to existing customers. So I'm on the $65 unlimited plan and get a $5.00 discount for having AAA. Good enough for me. I think if you want to change your SERO plan, you could get on the $65 unlimited plan. The new $50 unlimited plan is a promotion.
    Why mot switch to framily plan https://www.reddit.com/r/SprintFramily/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Why mot switch to framily plan https://www.reddit.com/r/SprintFramily/
    Because I only need a single line.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast