Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How much data do you use on Speedtests per month?

Feedback Score

How much data do you use on Speedtests per month?

When I had limited data it was around 1GB per month. Give or take a few hundred MB. However now I'm on Verizon Unlimited as of today, and I've already used 700MB on Speedtests... Am I weird or are speedtests this interesting to you guys as well?

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xthelancerx View Post
    When I had limited data it was around 1GB per month. Give or take a few hundred MB. However now I'm on Verizon Unlimited as of today, and I've already used 700MB on Speedtests... Am I weird or are speedtests this interesting to you guys as well?
    You're definitely not wired. I average around 50 GB per month on speed tests, 15-20GB on YouTube, the DirecTV app, Hulu and Netflix, and about 7-10 GB on Periscope, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, and 10-15 GB on auto updating apps, uploading my camera roll to Google Photos and on surfing the web on Safari, Reddit and HoFo.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    You're definitely not wired. I average around 50 GB per month on speed tests, 15-20GB on YouTube, the DirecTV app, Hulu and Netflix, and about 7-10 GB on Periscope, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, and 10-15 GB on auto updating apps, uploading my camera roll to Google Photos and on surfing the web on Safari, Reddit and HoFo.

Wow. You use a lot of data. The unlimited plan is nice to you. I use a lot of data on speedtests also. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I like knowing what the speeds are like in places I go to and how the speeds change through out the day and night.

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Wow. You use a lot of data. The unlimited plan is nice to you. I use a lot of data on speedtests also. I'm not sure of the exact amount but I like knowing what the speeds are like in places I go to and how the speeds change through out the day and night.
    Yeah, same here. I used more on AT&T as they were faster in my neighborhood

Feedback Score
    So far I've used 27 GB across four apps, 26 GB across two apps - speedtest and sensorly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    So far I've used 27 GB across four apps, 26 GB across two apps - speedtest and sensorly

Lololololol

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Around 30GB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

50-300 MB a month. Lol. I'm never curious about Verizon LTE speeds because they're great everywhere I go, unless I'm out in the middle of nowhere with band 13. Occasionally I'll switch to 3G and will run a test to see how fast it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I think around 6-8 GB's a month for speedtest.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    With AT&T I would use 20GB or less per month. Since I switched to Verizon I have used 70 GB so far in my first month. Mainly doing speed tests. Next month I should be back to normal. I think

Feedback Score
    You people do realize that running speed tests does not speed up your service? I just don't get the fascination with speed tests. What difference does it make? Your service either meets your needs or it doesn't. Running a speed test does not change that.

In fact, if everyone would quit running speed tests, cell service would probably improve greatly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    You people do realize that running speed tests does not speed up your service? I just don't get the fascination with speed tests. What difference does it make? Your service either meets your needs or it doesn't. Running a speed test does not change that.

In fact, if everyone would quit running speed tests, cell service would probably improve greatly.
    Speed tests only take a few moments. I am running them so much because I am new to Verizon and am getting a feel for their network performance. I've done the same with AT&T over the years and now I'm comparing them in my market. Once I get through this much I'll only run a few speed tests periodically.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post

If you stopped worrying about speed and sensorly, you could use a 5GB plan. LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    If you stopped worrying about speed and sensorly, you could use a 5GB plan. LOL
    The other two apps are OpenSignal and Coverage Maps.

The question was data used on speed tests

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post

I run speedtests to get the feel of how much capacity is available at the cell site. The faster the speed usually the more traffic the site is able to handle. For example when a site is pumping out only 5-10 Mbps during off peak hours you can get the sense that site needs more bandwidth. Congestion usually becomes a problem later on in the day.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast