Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon signal issues and boosters.....

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon signal issues and boosters.....

I have 2 lines, 1 based out of Montana on a Galaxy S7 that works without issue. Another line based out of Wisconsin locally where i now live that has HORRIBLE signal and constantly drops calls. I am in thick forest cover and CAN get signal on the G4 if i walk out on the deck on the upper level. The S7 will work in the basement though. I have had troublesome line on an S4, S5 and now an LG G4, Same problem with all the phones. Verizon is giving me a mixed bag of answers including the Montana # goes through a different switch so that is why the signal is better. This past week they finally told me they couldn't help me as i am in a "fringe" are. ( HEY THE S7 ON A MONTANA # WORKS FINE!!!) Problem is i need a LOCAL # for my business. Don't need the extra expense of a land line and the hassle of transferring the line to cell as i'm in and out multiple times a day. My only thoughts are a booster. I have 1 tower, 4.5 miles west of me and another 5.75 miles SE of me. Anyone have any experience with this booster? I really cannot afford $500-$600 for a Wilson right now. Have a mobile one of those in my truck and it helps a lot. https://www.amazon.com/Phonetone-T-m...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

Feedback Score
    Do you have a broadband internet connection to your location? If you do, then get a phone that supports wifi calling. Verizon wifi calling works very well.

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Do you have a broadband internet connection to your location? If you do, then get a phone that supports wifi calling. Verizon wifi calling works very well.

On satellite and it don't work very well......

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjstef71 View Post
    On satellite and it don't work very well......
    Call back and inquire about one of these: https://www.verizonwireless.com/acce...work-extender/

The network extender does require internet access, but Verizon has been known to discount them for customers in fringe areas. The Galaxy S7's (and presumably the S8) are known to have great RF performance, as do most Motorola phones. Keep that in mind when purchasing a new handset.
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Call back and inquire about one of these: https://www.verizonwireless.com/acce...work-extender/

The network extender does require internet access, but Verizon has been known to discount them for customers in fringe areas. The Galaxy S7's (and presumably the S8) are known to have great RF performance, as do most Motorola phones. Keep that in mind when purchasing a new handset.

"The Network Extender isn't supported for use with EVDO, satellite or wireless broadband service."

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this will help. 1st one is the S7, Second the G4 Name:  s7.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  49.8 KB Name:  g4.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  50.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Not sure if this will help. 1st one is the S7, Second the G4
    Anything less than -110 dBm doesn't work well for voice for me.

If there is a spot in the house where you get adequate signal, you could leave the phone there and use a cordless phone system with Link2Cell for voice calls. Mine is Panasonic.

Might be worth checking if AT&T or others are better.

Device(s)
    S8+, S7, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had a Cel-Fi from T-Mobile when I was with them, and it worked great in my house. When we switched to Verizon, I bought a Cel-Fi that was compatible with the Verizon network. I bought a used one off eBay for $400. They run about $600 new. They also only boost LTE signals on two bands out of three. They're compatible with B13, B2, and B4. So all devices would need to be capable of HD Voice/VoLTE. It works great for us in the mountains of northern New Mexico.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skellington.6 View Post
    I had a Cel-Fi from T-Mobile when I was with them, and it worked great in my house. When we switched to Verizon, I bought a Cel-Fi that was compatible with the Verizon network. I bought a used one off eBay for $400. They run about $600 new. They also only boost LTE signals on two bands out of three. They're compatible with B13, B2, and B4. So all devices would need to be capable of HD Voice/VoLTE. It works great for us in the mountains of northern New Mexico.
    Femtocells require broadband Internet. The OP only has satellite.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Do you know if the problem phones are set for VoLTE/Advanced Calling OR 1x?

Feedback Score
    Does it work outside the house? If so, you may want to get a cellular booster. Basically, there's an antenna that gets installed outside, aimed towards the cellular towers and connect to a receiver indoors via coax.

We have an older 3G only ZBoost and works pretty good. http://www.zboost.com
    °(((=((===°°°(((================================================

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am in thick forest cover and CAN get signal on the G4 if i walk out on the deck on the upper level. The S7 will work in the basement though. I have had troublesome line on an S4, S5 and now an LG G4,
    Have you tried any other carrier just to see if another one might work better at your house? I was with Verizon post paid service for over 15 years but I started using AT&T MVNO's back in 2011 and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we actually get service at our camp in the Adirondack mountains with AT&T. With Verizon there was no signal at all so it's nice to actually have service now at the camp where we spend most summer weekends. Otherwise I find AT&T & Verizon service to be almost identical pretty much everywhere else I frequent.

Device(s)
    S8+, S7, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Femtocells require broadband Internet. The OP only has satellite.
    It's a booster. It doesn't require any internet.

EDIT: Link to product: https://3gstore.com/product/6614_cel...on_4g_lte.html

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Going for an actual booster with a medium to high gain antenna mounted in the attic or roof is probably the best way to go. Unfortunately at low signal levels, 'whole house' amplifiers don't work very well. I suggest putting your smartphone on an inductive RF pad to actually use the amplifier's signal. Get one of those amazing DECT 6.0 bluetooth cordless phone setups to answer calls and maybe read SMS round the house on the DECT 6.0 handset.

There are some newer products on the market that might actually regenerate LTE signals, but I haven't been following this too closely.

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not as concerned about data as i am calls. Missing a call or dropping one is missed money for my business. Having 1 # is golden though as i don't have to fight transferring a land line to a cell every time i leave the shop.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast