Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: List best offer Galaxy S8 plus that work w Cricket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    My S7 which I sold last week is a Verizon version used in H20. I could not do over the air update since I don't have a Verizon sim. I had to update using Samsung switch on my desktop.
    maybe it is related to the device? my verizon branded moto z updated w/o the vz sim or vz service

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Moto E LTE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    No, it has to be AT&T or GoPhone.

That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My AT&T Note 4 and LG G4 both get OTA updates using an active TracFone AT&T SIM. In the past I've gotten updates on AT&T phones using Airvoice and Red Pocket SIMs. I believe AT&T phones will get updates as long as the SIM is active and uses AT&T's 410 MNC, as most AT&T MVNOs do.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 04-12-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The only way I was able to update my AT&T branded S7Edge was to take it to the Samsung Experience in Best Buy. Took all of 20 minutes and PRESTO, I'm on Nougat and have all of my security updates. The Samsung desktop app did not work at all.

Feedback Score
    No, it has to be AT&T or GoPhone.

That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Other sims do work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Does that include active att mvno sims(h2o, etc)?

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk
    It includes some of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Ny AT&T Note 4 and LG G4 both get OTA updates using an active TracFone AT&T SIM. In the past I've gotten updates on AT&T phones using Airvoice and Red Pocket SIMs. I believe AT&T phones will get updates as long as the SIM is active and uses AT&T's 410 MNC, as most AT&T MVNOs do.
    Bingo, that is the right answer. H20 and net10 also use the 410 MNC that I have found so far. Have heard it works with ST also.

Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    The only way I was able to update my AT&T branded S7Edge was to take it to the Samsung Experience in Best Buy. Took all of 20 minutes and PRESTO, I'm on Nougat and have all of my security updates. The Samsung desktop app did not work at all.
    When you've updated at the Samsung experience, did it clear all your user data? I read somewhere they flash the rom to your phone so you essentially start from setup as opposed to an OTA update which keeps all your data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Ny AT&T Note 4 and LG G4 both get OTA updates using an active TracFone AT&T SIM. In the past I've gotten updates on AT&T phones using Airvoice and Red Pocket SIMs. I believe AT&T phones will get updates as long as the SIM is active and uses AT&T's 410 MNC, as most AT&T MVNOs do.
    I've used Red Pocket, Cricket and Air Voice. None of which would allow an OTA update but it's good to see there are others that it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Moto E LTE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I've used Red Pocket, Cricket and Air Voice. None of which would allow an OTA update but it's good to see there are others that it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cricket uses MNC 150 which seems to prevent AT&T phones from getting upates. I don't know why your AT&T phones with active Airvoice and Red Pocket SIM aren't getting updates but there's much I don't know about AT&T's systems.

Feedback Score
    Cant you be in wifi, manual check for update and if there is one it will download???

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Which carrier branded S8 has the most cross-carrier bands available?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    Other sims do work.

It includes some of them.

Bingo, that is the right answer. H20 and net10 also use the 410 MNC that I have found so far. Have heard it works with ST also.

When you've updated at the Samsung experience, did it clear all your user data? I read somewhere they flash the rom to your phone so you essentially start from setup as opposed to an OTA update which keeps all your data.
    It did not clear my data.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just got a Verizon branded Galaxy S8 plus for $530 off swappa (new, resale condition). Seems to work properly. I could update using Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant. I didn't want to use AT&T phones anymore due to their requirement of AT&T simcard (and limited number of MVNO simcard). In addition, many S8+ updates for Tmo, Verizon, unlocked version are out. Meanwhile, checking AT&T , there's only one version since April. Oh well. Verizon also comes unlocked. The only downside is the many bloatware and I keep getting this is not Verizon simcard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    Just got a Verizon branded Galaxy S8 plus for $530 off swappa (new, resale condition). Seems to work properly. I could update using Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant. I didn't want to use AT&T phones anymore due to their requirement of AT&T simcard (and limited number of MVNO simcard). In addition, many S8+ updates for Tmo, Verizon, unlocked version are out. Meanwhile, checking AT&T , there's only one version since April. Oh well. Verizon also comes unlocked. The only downside is the many bloatware and I keep getting this is not Verizon simcard.
    U should do what I did with my Verizon s8+.. flash the unlocked firmware on it.. removes all bloat and.makes it 100% compatible with cricket

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    U should do what I did with my Verizon s8+.. flash the unlocked firmware on it.. removes all bloat and.makes it 100% compatible with cricket

Is it easy to flash firmware on Samsung phones?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post

I've read through tons of discussion on xda-developers. Not sure if I follow every steps. Which tutorial/guide did you follow? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emily1995 View Post
    Is it easy to flash firmware on Samsung phones?
    I got it. It's pretty simple. I am not sure going forward if I'll get unlocked updates. Anyhow, follow this link. I only did what's mentioned in post #2. I only flashed the unlocked firmware. I didn't bother with post 3 which does the carrier switch.

You basically need the modified Odin (aka Prince Comsy version) to flash the unlock firmware. I downloaded the latest unlocked firmware from updato.com. Not counting the download time... just the flash took about 2 minutes. Took another 2-3 minutes to reboot up the phone. All in all, very easy and pleasant.

Again, I have a Verizon version. Can't vouch for AT&T, Sprint, nor TMo. Though from what I read, as long as the phones are unlocked, you should be good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3