Thread: Has anyone used Exclusive Cellular for PP activation recently?

Feedback Score

Has anyone used Exclusive Cellular for PP activation recently?

I have used Exclusive Cellular for Page Plus activations quite a few times in the past. They were cheap, accurate, and always performed the activation within about 20 minutes of charging my credit card. I had not used them since late last year but their website was still active so I used them to perform an activation yesterday afternoon. The charged my card (via PayPal) and sent me a confirmation of the order - but then nothing for more than 30 hours. Normally an email confirming my service was active and giving me my new number would come next - but nothing. I've checked my spam folder, set emails and tried calling them. I don't know if they are still in business or maybe closed with their systems still in place to take a clients money. I would rather not think the worst, but I'm a little worried since they have my money and I don't have an activation. Has anyone used them successfully lately?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    I have used Exclusive Cellular for Page Plus activations quite a few times in the past. They were cheap, accurate, and always performed the activation within about 20 minutes of charging my credit card. I had not used them since late last year but their website was still active so I used them to perform an activation yesterday afternoon. The charged my card (via PayPal) and sent me a confirmation of the order - but then nothing for more than 30 hours. Normally an email confirming my service was active and giving me my new number would come next - but nothing. I've checked my spam folder, set emails and tried calling them. I don't know if they are still in business or maybe closed with their systems still in place to take a clients money. I would rather not think the worst, but I'm a little worried since they have my money and I don't have an activation. Has anyone used them successfully lately?
    What did you get charged for? http://www.exclusivecellular.com/fre...ctivation.html indicates free activations. Was it for the 1st month of service?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    If it is a 3G only phone, have you tried *22890 to see if it has service?

If it is a 4G phone, have you inserted the PPC SIM card and power cycled it to see if it has service?

Feedback Score
    Boz1,

Yes, the charge was for a discounted first month of service. Normally I would check the phone for service but it belongs to a friend and I just manage their service. I'll give them a call later and have them try. Thank you for your suggestion!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If it is a 3G only phone, have you tried *22890 to see if it has service?
    I just talked with the folks who have the phone. They tried the above steps and it came back with a voice message that the phone could not be programmed and to contact their provider. I guess my next step is to contact PayPal for a refund of my $10.80 and try another activation company. I have used PrepayRefill in the past but their website was acting up Sunday. I guess I should have waited as it was working fine on Monday. Sigh.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I just talked with the folks who have the phone. They tried the above steps and it came back with a voice message that the phone could not be programmed and to contact their provider. I guess my next step is to contact PayPal for a refund of my $10.80 and try another activation company. I have used PrepayRefill in the past but their website was acting up Sunday. I guess I should have waited as it was working fine on Monday. Sigh.
    Sorry to hear that. Best of luck getting your refund. I know you'll get it, but I also know it's a hassle!

Feedback Score
    Thank you, Boz1. PayPal was great about accepting the dispute. If Exclusive Cellular does respond I'll post about it here - if not, maybe my experience can help someone else avoid a problem.

Feedback Score
    Update - Since entering my dispute with PayPal, I have received THREE copies of my receipt from ExclusiveCellular.com Payments <noreply(at)123contactform.com>. Each was identical to the one they sent me on Sunday and said: "Your payment received successfully" . Nice to know that the lights are on, now if somebody was just home!

Feedback Score
    As of this posting, Exclusive Cellular has not made any effort to contact me regarding the activation. Out of desperation, I activated the phone on the RedPocket $10/mo Essentials plan and it is working fine with them. IMHO you might want to avoid using Exclusive Cellular based on my experience. Either their system is severely broken or they have stopped doing PagePlus activations.

Feedback Score
    As of this posting, Exclusive Cellular has not made any effort to contact me regarding the activation. Out of desperation, I activated the phone on the RedPocket $10/mo Essentials plan and it is working fine with them.
    Doing the activation directly with Page plus wasn't an option?

How quick was the port?
    Last edited by frankelstein; 04-14-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankelstein View Post
    Doing the activation directly with Page plus wasn't an option?

How quick was the port?
    I could have activated directly with PagePlus but I tend to be rather thrifty and when activating on Exclusive, you get a discount on the first month - the $12 plan was $10.80. I had used them at least 6 times in the past but something has changed because they are now non-responsive and the activation was never done. Instead, I spent hours trying to contact Josh at Exclusive and had am still waiting the mandatory 10 days to get my PayPal credit for what I paid. NOTE - this was a simple activation. NOT a port.

The RedPocket activation went smoothly. Nice side benefit, with the $10 (total $10.19 with fees) Essentials plan, I am getting 500 minutes, 500 texts, and 100 MB data. It works for both 3G and 4G phones. Much better deal than the PP $12 plan that only works on 3G and has a piddly 10 MB.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Final Resolution

I just received this from PayPal:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $10.78 USD and this amount has been credited to you.

I guess that means that Exclusive Cellular is no longer a good place to have your Page Plus phones activated - but at least PayPal took care of things.

As an aside, the phone is working well on the RedPocket $10 Essentials plan using Verizon. Twice the value - less money.