Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TracFone Adds New $20 Smartphone Plan with 1 GB of Data

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

TracFone Adds New $20 Smartphone Plan with 1 GB of Data

The new $20 plan comes with 300 voice minutes, 1000 text messages and 1 GB of high speed 4G LTE data.
    http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com...lan-1-gb-data/

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saveassolution View Post
    The new $20 plan comes with 300 voice minutes, 1000 text messages and 1 GB of high speed 4G LTE data.
    http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com...lan-1-gb-data/
    This offer has been around for a few months. Considering 1000 text @ $5.00 & 1GB data @ $10 , the 300 minutes @ $5.00 = 1.67 cents/minute - a pretty good deal. Only 30 days of service time.

The other smart phone cards have been calculated to be a better deal, as I recall - added service time if needed.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Discussed here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...martphone-Plan
    and I'm pretty sure in another thread that I can't find.

I'm sure it's new to some and a good way to add minutes if you can use the texts and data.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Discussed here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...martphone-Plan
    and I'm pretty sure in another thread that I can't find.

I'm sure it's new to some and a good way to add minutes if you can use the texts and data.
    I found it a good way to add text and data when you do not use a lot of minutes and also get some additional days of service.

Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    This offer has been around for a few months. Considering 1000 text @ $5.00 & 1GB data @ $10 , the 300 minutes @ $5.00 = 1.67 cents/minute - a pretty good deal. Only 30 days of service time.

The other smart phone cards have been calculated to be a better deal, as I recall - added service time if needed.
    Shouldn't we factor in the cost of days of service as well?

1 year of service is $50 = ~$4.16 per ~30 days so $5 - $4.16 = $.84

So roughly....... 1000 text @ $5.00 & 1GB data @ $10 and ~30 days of service @ ~$4, the 300 minutes @ $1.00 = ~$.003/minute - an even better deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My concern is that TF website only shows Smart Phone only and Add - on service cards when you click Smart phones.

The Paygo cards do show up when you are logged in and go to buy air time, but even the new boxes do not say 3x or triple minutes for life and only show Smart phone cards.

So.... I hope this is not a precursor to TF no longer allowing the paygo cards with Smart phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post

So.... I hope this is not a precursor to TF no longer allowing the paygo cards with Smart phones.
    That was my thought also when they removed the PayGo cards from the Smartphone section a couple of weeks ago. They were there for a while on the new website, and they showed 3x instead of 2x like in the Basic phone section.

Very few smartphone only cards are found on other seller websites or in retail stores. PayGo airtime cards are still everywhere, and not all are being sold just for feature phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I hope not. I think that would be a mistake unless they add equivalent smartphone cards.

Feedback Score
    This is a really good deal, I tend to text and use data more so this is perfect for me.

Feedback Score
    I hope not. I think that would be a mistake unless they add equivalent smartphone cards.
    Equivalent to what...maybe the 1000 and 1500 minute cards? Aside from those I don't see anything not covered by the smartphone cards.

And why do they call the classic cards "pay as you go", when the smartphone cards are also? Notable is the shrinking of service time in the smartphone cards.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Equivalent to what...maybe the 1000 and 1500 minute cards? Aside from those I don't see anything not covered by the smartphone cards.

And why do they call the classic cards "pay as you go", when the smartphone cards are also? Notable is the shrinking of service time in the smartphone cards.
    For example, a smartphone card with 180 minutes, 180 texts and 180 MB of data (that of course doesn't triple) and 90 days of service for $19.99.

Feedback Score
    For example, a smartphone card with 180 minutes, 180 texts and 180 MB of data (that of course doesn't triple) and 90 days of service for $19.99.
    Yes, the service time bugaboo. I can't figure out what TF was thinking in limiting the smartphone cards down to 30-60 days. With 90 days you could better tailor your purchases. I always used a bit more airtime than service time, so over a few years accumulated 4 years of service time which was doubled upgrading to the first smartphone. Never bought a 1 year airtime card or add-on. With no concern about service time, my choices now are far easier...mostly the least expensive talk minutes.

Also not putting the 1 year add-on service time option in the main purchase menus. It was for a short time in the My Account app, until they removed UPSELL. Also limiting the 1 year add-on only to airtime cards made getting service time more difficult. Grrrr!

Feedback Score
    It is probably a mistake, not showing the PAYG cards when you choose SP plans.
    Or it could be smart marketing, new users may think SP plans are the only ones you can buy.

If you enter your SP phone number, you do get both plan categories.

The UPSELL was definitely a mistake in the My Account app.
    There were multiple mistakes in that brief period.

As for the 1 year add-on, I think they meant it to be an extra perk only when purchasing minutes.
    It probably came up by mistake with the text/data only purchases.
    That has been fixed now, though they apparently haven't figured out how to get around someone "removing" the minutes purchase.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    That was my thought also when they removed the PayGo cards from the Smartphone section a couple of weeks ago. They were there for a while on the new website, and they showed 3x instead of 2x like in the Basic phone section.

Very few smartphone only cards are found on other seller websites or in retail stores. PayGo airtime cards are still everywhere, and not all are being sold just for feature phones.
    When clicking "Auto Refill" when in my account , the regular airtime cards show 3x / triple buckets, along with the auto refill pricing.

But when just clicking airtime service time Basic phone plans, it shows 2x airtime on the cards. A bit confusing, eh.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    When clicking "Auto Refill" when in my account , the regular airtime cards show 3x / triple buckets, along with the auto refill pricing.

But when just clicking airtime service time Basic phone plans, it shows 2x airtime on the cards. A bit confusing, eh.

I looked at the phones offered via the TracFone website and all the non-smartphones were double minutes.

I used to have a LG800G dumb phone, and that even had 3x minutes.

Feedback Score
    I didn't even look at the service days. I wonder if they're trying to get people to purchase more airtime since people are being so careful with the amount of calls, text, and data they use.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget about the QVC and HSN deals where one gets the phone and 1200 mins of talk, text, and 1.2GB of data (sometimes a bit more, depending on the phone or deal) and all good for 1 year. If a low user, it's a sweet deal.

Example: https://www.hsn.com/products/zte-qua...inutes/8034972
    https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung...inutes/8373394

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast