Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Prepaid Plans coming out on April 21'st ?

Feedback Score

New Prepaid Plans coming out on April 21'st ?

Anyone on here know if this is true or not? I'm trying to find a good plan to switch to on Postpaid, but I was told to wait till the 21'st to see what new plans Verizon was coming out with.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen89 View Post
    Anyone on here know if this is true or not? I'm trying to find a good plan to switch to on Postpaid, but I was told to wait till the 21'st to see what new plans Verizon was coming out with.

The 21st? I wonder what is up their sleeve but honestly sounds like the Walmart bonus data could be becoming the norm plans now since it's just 2 days after the promo ends so we shall see

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score

Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Where did you hear this?

A rep. at one of my local corp stores said I might want to wait till the 21st of this month to sign up as there is going to be a change with their prepaid plans and one of them might be better for me than a postpaid plan since my usage is pretty low each month. I've been lied to before by store reps which is why I posted this question on here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    A rep. at one of my local corp stores said I might want to wait till the 21st of this month to sign up as there is going to be a change with their prepaid plans and one of them might be better for me than a postpaid plan since my usage is pretty low each month. I've been lied to before by store reps which is why I posted this question on here.
    Well, I don't know that a rep in a corporate store is always "in the know" really. Maybe he caught wind of a change but I think it would be plastered all over the forum.

My moonshot guess is that the Wal-Mart plans become the norm.

As far as your situation, what is low usage?

They currently have a 40/50/70 line up and I don't think you'll see plans that are less expensive.

Feedback Score
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed they at least match gophone unlimited

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Well, I don't know that a rep in a corporate store is always "in the know" really. Maybe he caught wind of a change but I think it would be plastered all over the forum.

My moonshot guess is that the Wal-Mart plans become the norm.

As far as your situation, what is low usage?

They currently have a 40/50/70 line up and I don't think you'll see plans that are less expensive.

I agree with you about seeing it here on HoFo. When I didn't see anything here or elsewhere I began to doubt what he said. Maybe there are but the 21st is almost here and yet there hasn't been one thing posted about it.
    As far as my usage. I currently use between 2-3GB month (more when on Vacation with no WiFi availability). However, when I had Verizon in the past, they always reported almost 1GB more even though my usage of data was the same as on AT&T's network. I'd rather not wait if I do switch because my plan renews in a few days and I'll end up being locked in to another full month.

Feedback Score
    AT&T Go Phone $40 plan has 6GB data. I hope they match that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawk View Post
    AT&T Go Phone $40 plan has 6GB data. I hope they match that.
    This is the plan that I'm currently on and while I do like the amount of data for the price. No WiFi or VoLTE is getting old for me since Verizon has had it for a month or so now.

Feedback Score
    Verizon has had it for a month or so now.

Verizon has had it since the fall lol. Att is becoming even more stubborn than Verizon lol

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Cricket
    Feedback Score

New Prepaid Plans coming out on April 21'st ?

This is the plan that I'm currently on and while I do like the amount of data for the price. No WiFi or VoLTE is getting old for me since Verizon has had it for a month or so now.
    I actually don't like Wi-Fi calling and find it pretty annoying.
    I can go from great sound quality to very choppy to even losing the call. It got frustrating to say the least.
    Sure, a lot of it depends on your ISP and thankfully I have a signal on both Verizon & AT&T when indoors.

VoLTE on the other hand is a huge, huge improvement over calls on Verizon 3G but my calls are crystal clear on my Cricket line over HSPA.

IMO the 45.00, 6GB plan on GoPhone is awesome. If Verizon wasn't (slightly) better than AT&T where I spend most of the summer I'd be on it.

Of course, it's all a matter of preference and I'm happy we have a fair amount of options to choose from.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For ME, Wi-Fi doesn't really buy me anything. But I have good coverage at home. And I don't connect to Wi-Fi at work.

I was thinking that, with a second phone, Wi-Fi calling might be useful internationally. Get a cheap local SIM plan for one phone (with Hotspot support). Put your phone with your US (even prepaid) in airplane mode with Wi-Fi. Then you can use your home number if necessary to call back to the states, and use your local SIM for local calls and data.

I spent over $100 in roaming last January plus extra data so I could keep in touch back here. Father is in poor heath, so if they needed to get ahold of me I didn't want issues of not being able to receive calls on my old number.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Feedback Score
    Idk if this is true or not but I spoke with a chat agent who apparently told me there are not any new plans coming besides the tweak to the 40 plan. Not sure if he knew but couldn't say anything or just doesn't know of new plans coming. Just passing along not sure if he was speaking the truth but that's what I was told tho. I did ask about getting my current line to Walmart promo without having to port out and back in and he said I could get it altho the 2 extra gigs would be on next billing cycle. Them saying this is this telling the truth about the data or no? I just don't want to get signed up and spend money for nothing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    ...there are not any new plans coming besides the tweak to the 40 plan...
    What is the tweak to the $40 plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe37 View Post
    What is the tweak to the $40 plan?
    The carryover data that was not on the original 40 plan

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast