Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mobley external antenna

Feedback Score

Mobley external antenna

I have exhaustively searched the forums for information on what external antennas people are buying for the mobley. I know its a ms156 connection but past that I have no idea what to buy. Any help would be really appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I would like to know this as well.

Thanks...

--

Bill

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rypajo View Post
    I have exhaustively searched the forums for information on what external antennas people are buying for the mobley. I know its a ms156 connection but past that I have no idea what to buy. Any help would be really appreciated.
    depends on how you plan to use, your location to cell tower, etc

3gstore

https://3gstore.com/page/12_which_an...st_for_me.html

ask them any questions

read the reviews

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rypajo View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whol...455816735.html

These work great on my ZTE Homebase. Should work fine with the mobley (I haven't tested it on the Mobley yet).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that MadSquabbles,

In my case, I'm looking for something that isn't quite so directional...just something better than the Mobley's internal antenna, and hopefully with a connector that won't need an adapter.

--

Bill

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wsalopek View Post

In my case, I'm looking for something that isn't quite so directional...just something better than the Mobley's internal antenna, and hopefully with a connector that won't need an adapter.

--

Bill
    3gstore.......

Feedback Score
    If you're comfortable with splicing cables you can do that. It's pretty hard to find a cable with the MS-156 (IP-9) connectors on this side of the ocean. The antenna isn't overly sensitive to direction, no more so than the built in antennae and it's only about 3.25"x2.25" so it's not hard to find a spot for it. Ive got mine dangling from the ceiling since I accidentally found that that's where I got the best signal. For under $20 for 'em why not take a test. I've ordered another antenna and will order another set of Ms156 for back up or in case I wanna hook up the Mobley too.

Quote Originally Posted by wsalopek View Post

--

Bill

Feedback Score
    Also looking to install an outdoor external antenna for my Mobley. Doing some research I see where dual antennas are recommended on lte routers. I saw on the Mobley thread that it looks like the board actually has 3 ms-156 connectors. Does anybody know what each one is for?

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGSMY View Post
    Also looking to install an outdoor external antenna for my Mobley. Doing some research I see where dual antennas are recommended on lte routers. I saw on the Mobley thread that it looks like the board actually has 3 ms-156 connectors. Does anybody know what each one is for?
    replied to your same question in the other thread. it is detailed in the existing large mobley threads. read up

Device(s)
    iPhone 6splus, iPad 9.7 Pro, MOFI4500, Mobley
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    replied to your same question in the other thread. it is detailed in the existing large mobley threads. read up
    Could you PLEASE be so good as to link to that info? Or maybe the appropriate search that reveals it? I do believe I have found all the pics with the connections, read all the posts about antennas, but other than the one detailed instruction about a single connection and Mexican - Bum stating without confirmation or testing that 2 are LTE and 1 is WiFI, but only 1 of the LTE identified, I cannot find the detailed info you say is posted. PLEASE? To my knowledge I have read every post containing Mobley and antenna, but perhaps I missed it.

Feedback Score
    It would be nice if someone could start a technical thread for the mobley as the other threads are full with all topics. Then we could concentrate on just the technical side of things (power, antennas, router connections, etc.) and not have to go thru page after page of everything else. I dont know if its possible to rename this thread as its short and already started with some good information. I found a few antennas online including this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/281332674772...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT that has the correct connectors. Not sure if the frequency ranges are correct for the mobley bands? I was thinking more like the outdoor yagi style antenna (2?) for my application but not sure how to setup and whether it would be best to use 2?

Feedback Score
    It would be nice if someone could start a technical thread for the mobley as the other threads are full with all topics. Then we could concentrate on just the technical side of things (power, antennas, router connections, etc.) and not have to go thru page after page of everything else. I dont know if its possible to rename this thread as its short and already started with some good information. I found a few antennas online including this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/281332674772...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT that has the correct connectors. Not sure if the frequency ranges are correct for the mobley bands? I was thinking more like the outdoor yagi style antenna (2?) for my application but not sure how to setup and whether it would be best to use 2?
    Did you try that antenna?

Feedback Score
    No, not yet. Been working on some other projects.

Device(s)
    lg the V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodamo View Post
    Could you PLEASE be so good as to link to that info? Or maybe the appropriate search that reveals it? I do believe I have found all the pics with the connections, read all the posts about antennas, but other than the one detailed instruction about a single connection and Mexican - Bum stating without confirmation or testing that 2 are LTE and 1 is WiFI, but only 1 of the LTE identified, I cannot find the detailed info you say is posted. PLEASE? To my knowledge I have read every post containing Mobley and antenna, but perhaps I missed it.
    Same problem here, as GREGSMY writes we need a "moderated" technical thread. I read BOTH of the main threads before I bought mine in mid-April, took days. Now there are about twice as many posts.

It would be nice if someone could start a technical thread for the mobley as the other threads are full with all topics. Then we could concentrate on just the technical side of things (power, antennas, router connections, etc.) and not have to go thru page after page of everything else. <snip>
    Fully agree.

Why don't you start one

Feedback Score
    Do you need to use both antenna ports for LTE? If so do you need two seperate antennas or can a 2 to 1 adapter?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast