Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Galaxy S8 on Cricket

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,247
    Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    People are better off getting the att one that animation on the cricket will kill the resale value of the phone when you want to sell it, as for the red tint on the s8 looks like some of the phones have that but I got lucky and don't see it.

    Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    45
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    People are better off getting the att one that animation on the cricket will kill the resale value of the phone when you want to sell it, as for the red tint on the s8 looks like some of the phones have that but I got lucky and don't see it.

    Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus
    I tend to disagree. I know plenty of users on Cricket and even then, once you unlock it, it won't matter that much. It's still the same unit internally as an AT&T branded device.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,537
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice thing about my Cricket S6 is it has wayyyy less bloat ware than ATT

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,247
    Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    True but I have had an a lot of people offer men less money for phones because they are cricket

    Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    447
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S5 (Cricket) and Nexus 5X (FI)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket / Project FI
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was looking into buying the S8 at Cricket and it is my understanding that the tethering is $10 extra? I am currently using an S5 (AT&T branded) and there is no extra charge for tethering (I only use a few hundred MB per month).
    Eric

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    45
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Data1025 View Post
    I was looking into buying the S8 at Cricket and it is my understanding that the tethering is $10 extra? I am currently using an S5 (AT&T branded) and there is no extra charge for tethering (I only use a few hundred MB per month).
    This is correct about the $10 (except for the unlimited plan). I wasn't able to get my S7Edge to use the hotspot (they even tried to get it to work for me with no luck.) It's one of the reasons I went with the S8 from them. That and it was way cheaper than the other carriers. Also, I've been with them since they started as AIO, so I'm not going anywhere.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just to confirm for the Galaxy S8 users on Cricket - AT&T S8 works well, and the updates are also on time.

    Not like the older Samsung phones where you'd need an AT&T sim card to get any updates. So far I've gotten 2 updates with the Cricket sim just fine. I hope it stays for the long run.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    45
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Let's hope that's the case for the monthly security updates and for the update to "O".

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    Let's hope that's the case for the monthly security updates and for the update to "O".
    My question is whether Wificalling will work with an ATT S8 on Cricket....

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Thompsons Station
    Posts
    176
    Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    -- Cricket --
    Feedback Score
    0
    My ATT S8 does get the Cricket updates withe the Cricket SIM. As far as on time? I don't know that answer, but from what I've read online the update doesn't come from Cricket but directly from Samsung. When I got the update it occurred automatically.

    I have recently enabled the developer options and have disabled auto updates. I like to know what I'm updating to before it happens.

    I'm not sure how to add Cricket Protect since it's not an official Cricket phone.
    loving my S8 on Cricket. NO MORE FLASHING! Gotta love it!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Had my ATT S8+ since release date running on cricket. All is well but still no updates. My security patch is still on March 2017 and never got bixby update or red tint update. I have bixby button mapped to Google assistant and working.

    Can I go to BB and have them flash latest updates to phone and security softwares??

    If I put an ATT sim card from someone, how long do I need to keep it in there to check and send me an update? Do I need to have the phone on wifi or turn wifi off to make sure it reaches ATT servers and sends me the update?

    Tia,

    Ian B

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Had my ATT S8+ since release date running on cricket. All is well but still no updates. My security patch is still on March 2017 and never got bixby update or red tint update. I have bixby button mapped to Google assistant and working.

    Can I go to BB and have them flash latest updates to phone and security softwares??

    If I put an ATT sim card from someone, how long do I need to keep it in there to check and send me an update? Do I need to have the phone on wifi or turn wifi off to make sure it reaches ATT servers and sends me the update?

    Tia,

    Ian B
    From what I've noticed so far, you don't need an ATT sim to get updates. All updates have been received on my S8. Though, i'm still on April 1 security update.

    The big updates only work with WIFI.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    313
    Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Data1025 View Post
    I was looking into buying the S8 at Cricket and it is my understanding that the tethering is $10 extra? I am currently using an S5 (AT&T branded) and there is no extra charge for tethering (I only use a few hundred MB per month).
    As a technical point here tethering, except by approved phones for $10/mo, is not free and is against the TOS. Granted they do little to prevent it. Point being is that getting the Gakaxy S8 is not some weird penalty to tether but to actually follow the rules and terms you agree to.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,247
    Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I really don'tike this guys reviews he his use of the cheap camera for the review and sometimes you can't. Really understand him, as for the s8 it's best to also get the att version

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on T-mobile network

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy S5 on Cricket Wireless
    By jlgreen531 in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 07:36 PM
  2. Verizon Galaxy S4 on Cricket
    By ryanstein in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-18-2014, 07:00 PM
  3. VZW Samsung Galaxy S3 on Cricket
    By freakonomics101 in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 05:27 PM
  4. Galaxy S5 on Cricket
    By kedd123 in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 10:59 AM
  5. Problem with galaxy s4 on cricket.
    By swanky in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks