Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Galaxy S8 on Cricket

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    People are better off getting the att one that animation on the cricket will kill the resale value of the phone when you want to sell it, as for the red tint on the s8 looks like some of the phones have that but I got lucky and don't see it.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    People are better off getting the att one that animation on the cricket will kill the resale value of the phone when you want to sell it, as for the red tint on the s8 looks like some of the phones have that but I got lucky and don't see it.

I tend to disagree. I know plenty of users on Cricket and even then, once you unlock it, it won't matter that much. It's still the same unit internally as an AT&T branded device.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Nice thing about my Cricket S6 is it has wayyyy less bloat ware than ATT

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    True but I have had an a lot of people offer men less money for phones because they are cricket

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5 (Cricket) and Nexus 5X (FI)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket / Project FI
    Feedback Score
    I was looking into buying the S8 at Cricket and it is my understanding that the tethering is $10 extra? I am currently using an S5 (AT&T branded) and there is no extra charge for tethering (I only use a few hundred MB per month).
    Eric

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Data1025 View Post
    I was looking into buying the S8 at Cricket and it is my understanding that the tethering is $10 extra? I am currently using an S5 (AT&T branded) and there is no extra charge for tethering (I only use a few hundred MB per month).
    This is correct about the $10 (except for the unlimited plan). I wasn't able to get my S7Edge to use the hotspot (they even tried to get it to work for me with no luck.) It's one of the reasons I went with the S8 from them. That and it was way cheaper than the other carriers. Also, I've been with them since they started as AIO, so I'm not going anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Just to confirm for the Galaxy S8 users on Cricket - AT&T S8 works well, and the updates are also on time.

Not like the older Samsung phones where you'd need an AT&T sim card to get any updates. So far I've gotten 2 updates with the Cricket sim just fine. I hope it stays for the long run.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Let's hope that's the case for the monthly security updates and for the update to "O".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00 View Post
    Let's hope that's the case for the monthly security updates and for the update to "O".
    My question is whether Wificalling will work with an ATT S8 on Cricket....

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    -- Cricket --
    Feedback Score
    My ATT S8 does get the Cricket updates withe the Cricket SIM. As far as on time? I don't know that answer, but from what I've read online the update doesn't come from Cricket but directly from Samsung. When I got the update it occurred automatically.

I have recently enabled the developer options and have disabled auto updates. I like to know what I'm updating to before it happens.

I'm not sure how to add Cricket Protect since it's not an official Cricket phone.
    loving my S8 on Cricket. NO MORE FLASHING! Gotta love it!

Feedback Score
    Had my ATT S8+ since release date running on cricket. All is well but still no updates. My security patch is still on March 2017 and never got bixby update or red tint update. I have bixby button mapped to Google assistant and working.

Can I go to BB and have them flash latest updates to phone and security softwares??

If I put an ATT sim card from someone, how long do I need to keep it in there to check and send me an update? Do I need to have the phone on wifi or turn wifi off to make sure it reaches ATT servers and sends me the update?

Tia,

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Had my ATT S8+ since release date running on cricket. All is well but still no updates. My security patch is still on March 2017 and never got bixby update or red tint update. I have bixby button mapped to Google assistant and working.

Can I go to BB and have them flash latest updates to phone and security softwares??

If I put an ATT sim card from someone, how long do I need to keep it in there to check and send me an update? Do I need to have the phone on wifi or turn wifi off to make sure it reaches ATT servers and sends me the update?

Tia,

Ian B
    From what I've noticed so far, you don't need an ATT sim to get updates. All updates have been received on my S8. Though, i'm still on April 1 security update.

The big updates only work with WIFI.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Data1025 View Post
    As a technical point here tethering, except by approved phones for $10/mo, is not free and is against the TOS. Granted they do little to prevent it. Point being is that getting the Gakaxy S8 is not some weird penalty to tether but to actually follow the rules and terms you agree to.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I really don'tike this guys reviews he his use of the cheap camera for the review and sometimes you can't. Really understand him, as for the s8 it's best to also get the att version

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on T-mobile network

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3