Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile lights up 700 MHz in Chicago

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile lights up 700 MHz in Chicago

Finaly... Chicago T-Mobile customers are also among the first to access T-Mobile’s small cells.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Finaly... Chicago T-Mobile customers are also among the first to access T-Mobile’s small cells.

I have a Moto X Pure Edition I brought over from AT&T. Do I have the LTE band to access this?

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
    I have a Moto X Pure Edition I brought over from AT&T. Do I have the LTE band to access this?
    According to GSMarena.com, it should.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Little more tidbit;

"T-Mobile this week completed its nationwide launch of 700 MHz spectrum with the rollout of Extended Range LTE in Chicago’s downtown, suburban, and outlying regions. That includes areas as far north as Janesville, Wisconsin, and extending west and south past Rockford, DeKalb, Joliet, and Kankakee. The Un-carrier said its 700 MHz LTE now covers 10 of the largest U.S. markets.

“With Extended Range LTE, T-Mobile and MetroPCS customers in Chicago can get more reliable coverage indoors and out,” Jennifer Silveira, VP of Engineering for T-Mobile’s Central Region, commented. “Our engineers worked around the clock to bring Extended Range LTE to our Chicagoland customers in record time, just a few months after we acquired the airwaves, and we have even more game-changing network enhancements on the way to boost data speeds even higher, like 256-QAM, three carrier aggregation, and 4x4 MIMO.”"

https://www.wirelessweek.com/industr...e-mint-sim-cel

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werinshades View Post

Moto X 2015 Pure Edition XT1575 (band 12 support confirmed in Marshmallow update) http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones

This is a Nov 2015 announcement on the Moto X Pure Edition.

Moto X Pure Edition will gain T-Mobile band 12 LTE support with Android 6.0 update

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Little more tidbit;

"T-Mobile this week completed its nationwide launch of 700 MHz spectrum with the rollout of Extended Range LTE in Chicago’s downtown, suburban, and outlying regions. That includes areas as far north as Janesville, Wisconsin, and extending west and south past Rockford, DeKalb, Joliet, and Kankakee. The Un-carrier said its 700 MHz LTE now covers 10 of the largest U.S. markets.

“With Extended Range LTE, T-Mobile and MetroPCS customers in Chicago can get more reliable coverage indoors and out,” Jennifer Silveira, VP of Engineering for T-Mobile’s Central Region, commented. “Our engineers worked around the clock to bring Extended Range LTE to our Chicagoland customers in record time, just a few months after we acquired the airwaves, and we have even more game-changing network enhancements on the way to boost data speeds even higher, like 256-QAM, three carrier aggregation, and 4x4 MIMO.”"

https://www.wirelessweek.com/industr...e-mint-sim-cel
    4x4 has been live market wide for awhile. Helps a lot with the indoor speed. And 3xCA went live when B12 did on 3C sites. The small cells they mentioned have been live too. Overall still having quite a few congestion issues, but it has been improving in small increments.

Feedback Score
    Live in Joliet with iPhone 6s. No difference in signal noted.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Southside of Chicago, band 12 active when I enter my basement.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by damu741101 View Post
    Southside of Chicago, band 12 active when I enter my basement.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Doing what it's supposed to do. Awesome!
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Lost in the story here is that T-Mobile plans to open at least 40 new stores in the Greater Chicago area. This is huge and a boon to the local economy. T-Mobile is really making strides at a time when one of their competitors is closing stores left and right and another is doing call center layoff's.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Lost in the story here is that T-Mobile plans to open at least 40 new stores in the Greater Chicago area. This is huge and a boon to the local economy. T-Mobile is really making strides at a time when one of their competitors is closing stores left and right and another is doing call center layoff's.
    40 T-Mobile and MetroPCS stores. If past performance is any guide, there will probably be about 10 MetroPCS authorized agents for every T-Mobile company store.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is also using small cells in Chicago but I think it is LTE-U that only the Samsung S8 can support at this time...[ I have read on this board] https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...cago-erlte.htm

"In addition, Chicago-area T-Mobile and MetroPCS customers are among the very first to experience T-Mobile’s new small cell network technologies, expanding capacity while delivering the Un-carrier’s super-fast data speeds.

Retail Expansion
    The 43 planned Chicagoland retail stores are expected to fill more than 50,000 square feet of retail space in Cook, DuPage and the collar counties. The stores serve individuals, families and small businesses."

-------------

“T-Mobile is betting big in Chicago!” said Kenya Dunn, Area Vice President for T-Mobile. “With a better, stronger network and more stores in the Chicago area, we’re giving wireless customers in Chicagoland more choices and more places they can get personalized service from the network with the most satisfied customers in wireless.”"

T-Mobile says that it’ll launch LTE-U network capabilities and devices this spring. With LTE-U, T-Mobile will utilize the first 20 MHz of unlicensed spectrum on the 5GHz band, which will enable it to boost its LTE capacity.

Here’s how T-Mo explains LTE-U

“LTE-U devices and equipment intelligently tap into and share underutilized unlicensed spectrum without affecting other users on the same band, including those using conventional Wi-Fi. LTE-U constantly seeks the least utilized channels to maximize efficiency and performance for everyone. As demand on the Wi-Fi network increases, LTE-U backs off, and as Wi-Fi demand wanes, customers can tap into that unused capacity for LTE.”
    http://www.tmonews.com/2017/02/t-mob...-lte-capacity/

-----------------

Samsung Galaxy S8 supports LTE-U, which both Verizon and T-Mobile aim to deploy
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-21-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1- Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm that band 12 is active in Uptown, Lincoln Square, Lakeview, North Center, Albany Park, Irving Park, Old Irving Park. It's limited in portage park and non existent in Belmont Central for me. I'm assuming that the band 12 rollout is yet to hit some areas.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jotiger; 04-21-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Moto X 2015 Pure Edition XT1575 (band 12 support confirmed in Marshmallow update) http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones

This is a Nov 2015 announcement on the Moto X Pure Edition.

Moto X Pure Edition will gain T-Mobile band 12 LTE support with Android 6.0 update
    Thank you for the information.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Now we just need someone with the new Samsung S8 that supports the new small band LTE-U that T-Mobile is also deploying into Chicago to report on that LTE-U connection. Verizon and T-Mobile seem to be the two networks that are rolling out LTE-U with small cells at this point. I have read that LTE-U is similar to my home WiFi so I think this small cell is going to be more inside building than outside but that is just a guess.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast