Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Wi-Fi calling

Device(s)
    S3, Z30, Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile and Wind and Fido 3GB with free tablet
    Feedback Score
    Here's my Galaxy S3 locked to Bell with no sim fully functional over my Telus wifi.
    Who needs a cell provider? Totally free service.

Name:  s3 wifi 2017-04-26.png
Views: 927
Size:  68.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Nothinh for iphone right? Urgh!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Well there are reports that old sim cards don't work with wifi calling. If you have an old sim card you probably have to get a replacement. Call support and ask!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    I have the latest sim card, tried the airplane mode with Wi-Fi turned on. It shows as I am enabled but the Wi-Fi calling icon won't come on. Even did a Factory Reset. Still no luck

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    I have the latest sim card, tried the airplane mode with Wi-Fi turned on. It shows as I am enabled but the Wi-Fi calling icon won't come on. Even did a Factory Reset. Still no luck
    Ok call support or write to them on Facebook. Another user had such problems on fb and they resolved it fast

@not yet, can you please keep the posts on topic? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    ^Second Factory Reset got it working. I did a Test call to a Fido iPhone my LG V20 with wifi calling showed it as HD voice. I had never seen the HD icon before. Everything works including sms & mms. So I am Happy. Waiting for Vo-LTE now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    im assuming that wifi calling will only work with the new sims that also are lte enabled? i have a 4 year old sim.
    With Wind Since Early 2010.
    Holiday miracle 40 2010
    Pay your way 2012

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by killerjay View Post
    im assuming that wifi calling will only work with the new sims that also are lte enabled? i have a 4 year old sim.
    No need for LTE. You do need a new sim, so go change the new sim or talk to support on facebook. Vowifi is included in all plans LTE or not!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    BYOD is screwed! They can't offer Wifi on phones that haven't been purchased from them or ios phones. What a complete kop out, utter sh#t
    Lucky Albertan who has five $59 lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keefrto View Post
    BYOD is screwed! They can't offer Wifi on phones that haven't been purchased from them or ios phones. What a complete kop out, utter sh#t
    Not yet. They may offer it eventually on byod but today is day 1 of the service so have some patience and wait for them to sort everything out.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Appreciate it's day one, it's good compared to big 3. Perhaps the verbage should have read at present only phones bought from us will be able to use Wifi calling. Instead they firmly said the opposite. It's still good news mind
    Not yet. They may offer it eventually on byod but today is day 1 of the service so have some patience and wait for them to sort everything out.

Feedback Score
    I have been trying to set this up on my unlocked HTC 10. I registered and received the activation text but cannot find anywhere on my phone to activate wifi calling. Is there anything else that needs to be done?? Or will it not work as I bought it unlocked and not from Wind

Device(s)
    Various
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    What firmware are you using? (Wind or rogers? or ?) I am looking at my phone and there is none that I can set up

Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    I have a Samsung note 4 and i registered for the service using the link and got the notification text from Freedom that the Wi-Fi Calling is activated!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkgino View Post
    I have been trying to set this up on my unlocked HTC 10. I registered and received the activation text but cannot find anywhere on my phone to activate wifi calling. Is there anything else that needs to be done?? Or will it not work as I bought it unlocked and not from Wind
    At the moment it will not work because your phone wasn't purchased from Wind and only a few phones are supported for now. More compatible phones will be added later.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    So anyone other than syzuie got their BYOD devices to work? I wonder what syzuie's secret is!

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So anyone other than syzuie got their BYOD devices to work? I wonder what syzuie's secret is!
    Syzuie only said that they have registered for the service with the link, and that freedom has activated WiFi Calling for that number. Anyone can register for WiFi calling, however you would need a compatible device to connect to Freedom's WiFi Calling.

Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    I have a Samsung note 4 and i registered for the service using the link and got the notification text from Freedom that the Wi-Fi Calling is activated!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast