Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Wi-Fi calling

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo24 View Post
    Syzuie only said that they have registered for the service with the link, and that freedom has activated WiFi Calling for that number. Anyone can register for WiFi calling, however you would need a compatible device to connect to Freedom's WiFi Calling.
    All correct, I was able to register for the service and WIND confirmed that its activated. However there is no WiFi Calling Menu available on my phone, I heard that this feature is hidden within the phone and it has to be activated from the carrier.
    I bought my note 4 originally WIND mobile.
    WIND: Everywhere 55
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    All correct, I was able to register for the service and WIND confirmed that its activated. However there is no WiFi Calling Menu available on my phone, I heard that this feature is hidden within the phone and it has to be activated from the carrier.
    I bought my note 4 originally WIND mobile.
    Are you on Android 6+ ? I remember the wifi calling stack being available post Android 6. In fact the "Wifi calling provision" item under *#*#4636#*#* in my Nexus didnt appear until Android 7.1.1 !

Feedback Score
    Just curious to know how many of those with the LG V20 have successfully registered for WiFi calling, entered their 911 address and have made calls over a standard WiFi network? How was the overall quality of the calls? I know with Bell, I can do WiFi calling over my iOS device but because WiFi calling is part of the carriers device and specialized software is being used to transmit your number unlike "free VoIP" services, they can put restrictions on how the WiFi calling is routed. With Bell, they limit the call to "Canada" only and if you connect to Wifi (example: USA), they will bill you long distance unless included in your plan (like what I have). With Freedom, as I understand, you can be anywhere worldwide and once connected to WiFi, you use the phone as if you're on the Freedom "Home" network. No roaming or long distance. Question now... Is this only for a trial period and will new plans be introduced allowing "X" amount of WiFi minutes etc... or will Freedom stick to offering free WiFi calling? I know as a Shaw Go-WiFi customer, this essentially would allow me to be connected to Go-WiFi and Freedom's coverage has now gotten a huge coverage boost.

Feedback Score
    we’re not able to offer Wi-Fi Calling on phones that haven’t been purchased from us,
    Does this apply even if Freedom sells the exact same phone?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Are you on Android 6+ ? I remember the wifi calling stack being available post Android 6. In fact the "Wifi calling provision" item under *#*#4636#*#* in my Nexus didnt appear until Android 7.1.1 !
    I'm on android 6.0.1 and the code seems not working.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I have the LG G6. I registered for the wifi calling and got the confirmation but there is no option for it on my cell as of yet. Hoping they will enable it eventually!

Sent from my LG G6

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post
    Just curious to know how many of those with the LG V20 have successfully registered for WiFi calling, entered their 911 address and have made calls over a standard WiFi network? How was the overall quality of the calls? I know with Bell, I can do WiFi calling over my iOS device but because WiFi calling is part of the carriers device and specialized software is being used to transmit your number unlike "free VoIP" services, they can put restrictions on how the WiFi calling is routed. With Bell, they limit the call to "Canada" only and if you connect to Wifi (example: USA), they will bill you long distance unless included in your plan (like what I have). With Freedom, as I understand, you can be anywhere worldwide and once connected to WiFi, you use the phone as if you're on the Freedom "Home" network. No roaming or long distance. Question now... Is this only for a trial period and will new plans be introduced allowing "X" amount of WiFi minutes etc... or will Freedom stick to offering free WiFi calling? I know as a Shaw Go-WiFi customer, this essentially would allow me to be connected to Go-WiFi and Freedom's coverage has now gotten a huge coverage boost.
    Look what you are asking is impossible to answer. None of us can peek into the future. What's the guarantee that bell wont charge you a "wifi fee" in the future?

What I can say is that at present wifi calling is free on freedom mobile. Considering freedom has coverage problems because of the AWS spectrum it is likely to stay free for freedom customers and not tied to a location.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    I'm on android 6.0.1 and the code seems not working.
    You don't see this ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Look what you are asking is impossible to answer. None of us can peek into the future. What's the guarantee that bell wont charge you a "wifi fee" in the future?

What I can say is that at present wifi calling is free on freedom mobile. Considering freedom has coverage problems because of the AWS spectrum it is likely to stay free for freedom customers and not tied to a location.

This makes sense! I asked since Freedom Mobile usually states "For a limited time" as they did with Go-Wifi. I did not see this "clause" for VoWiFi which is why I asked. I picked up a SIM today and the VoWiFi makes a world of difference. This along with access to Shaw Go-WiFi, I have coverage in 90% of the places I did not have within the last week when I opted to switch back to Bell Mobility at their rip-off rates. I'm going to test it out for the week and within that time, if all works, goodbye to Bell and their greedy oligopoly rate plans!

Device(s)
    LG V20/Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile/Fido
    Feedback Score
    Now that I have had a chance to test VoWiFi, I can say that I have had several calls where Everything was clear. Possibly even better that if the call was handled on Cellular.

Only times that I had trouble was when I attempted to complete call when hotspotting with my Fido connection, and the odd time it would cut out mid sentence for a second, however I'm willing to bet this was not how VoWiFi was intended to be used.

I did have problems yesterday contacting my credit card company, but after a few dropped calls, it turns out that they were the ones having phone issues.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    This makes sense! I asked since Freedom Mobile usually states "For a limited time" as they did with Go-Wifi. I did not see this "clause" for VoWiFi which is why I asked. I picked up a SIM today and the VoWiFi makes a world of difference. This along with access to Shaw Go-WiFi, I have coverage in 90% of the places I did not have within the last week when I opted to switch back to Bell Mobility at their rip-off rates. I'm going to test it out for the week and within that time, if all works, goodbye to Bell and their greedy oligopoly rate plans!
    Hey I cant afford a V20, but once they get it working on a cheaper phone, I will get working on porting from Fido as well! At the moment no one has coverage in my office. It seems like Freedom will be the first to have some affordable coverage there.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    Just made an account so I can make this post. This update basically ruined my phone lol. I downloaded it and installed it, registered, got the text and all was good, or so I thought. Incoming calls would not work properly and would often drop or go as missed call like 3+ times before finally ringing properly. Wi-Fi indicator would not show up, other times it would show up. I decided just to disable it until the bugs are worked out. Here's where the real problem begins.

I disabled Wi-Fi calling, but for some reason the phone thinks Wi-Fi calling is on even when disabled. I tested this by shutting off Wi-Fi during a call and the call went dead, clearly using Wi-Fi calling even with it disabled, I had missed incoming calls. I went ahead and turned off Wi-Fi completely, this didn't fix it lol. Now incoming calls would go straight to voicemail or get a busy signal or takes 30+ seconds to even begin ringing.

Before you ask, I tried everything I could possibly think of, cleared cache, cleared data and cache of wifi calling system app, reset router, everything lol short of a factory reset. I switched sims and put mine in my buddy's V20 and vice versa and nothing is wrong with the phone, problem is clearly some network setting or bug on their side. I also had my brother who is with freedom mobile test his phone and he received incoming calls just fine. (not a v20)

Next step was the dreaded technical support. After maybe 10+ calls not all in one day I was able to have the guy disable Wi-Fi calling from his side which fixed my issue and returned all calls to normal. No delays connecting, no busy signal or anything. However, even with the Wi-Fi calling disabled on their end and on my phone, my phone still displays the Wi-Fi calling symbol on the dialer keypad and says Hd on the call list, so even now it is using Wi-Fi calling, for some reason only for outgoing calls (not always.) The symbol goes away for incoming calls and they connect properly. I won't mess with it anymore as everything is working again lol. This update was a nightmare for me unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone managed to get Wi-Fi calling working on any phone besides the LG V20?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Oh dear. I do think you should do the factory reset. The update seems to have messed with some setting somewhere.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    I believe it is a network issue because I tried a friend's sim card on my phone and it worked fine, tried my sim card in his V20 and it did the same thing it was doing on my phone. (problem followed the sim) Also, on Wind Away Wi-Fi calling works perfectly. Disabled when I disable it and enabled when I enable it. It's only on the Home network where it's all iffy. Hope they figure it out 🙁

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast