Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Wi-Fi calling

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by faruquek View Post
    I believe it is a network issue because I tried a friend's sim card on my phone and it worked fine, tried my sim card in his V20 and it did the same thing it was doing on my phone. (problem followed the sim) Also, on Wind Away Wi-Fi calling works perfectly. Disabled when I disable it and enabled when I enable it. It's only on the Home network where it's all iffy. Hope they figure it out 🙁
    Did you try switching the SIM? Ask them for a free Sim swap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Definitely sounds like Freedom's version of Wi-Fi calling is still in the Beta Test stage. Why would they publically release such a buggy feature and risk further alienating their customers?
    Nexus 5.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    You don't see this ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    I have no idea how to get to this menu. can you be more specific?
    WIND: Everywhere 55
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p and Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Official release date for Voice over Wifi is May 1 so for fun I just picked up a V20. Also have a S8+ and 2 A5.

Will test all of them!

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    What do you guys mean by beta testing and the official release being in May? I thought all the V20's got the update? At least mine and the other one I tried did. Are we just test dummies? Will there be another update in May fixing all the bugs or will this bugged out update just be released on a mass scale to everyone?
    😳

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    Did you try switching the SIM? Ask them for a free Sim swap.
    I actually didn't exchange the sim, my cousin works at Freedom Mobile and could just pick one up for me but the problem is that I'm going on vacation in a couple days and I just don't want to do anything that could mess it up again. I think I will wait a bit and if it's still broken I will do the sim swap. Hopefully others can share their experiences on here.

Feedback Score
    I would like to repeat a question that was just asked.
    Has anyone out there got this feature on a phone that is not the LG V20?
    My phone (apparently) has the software enabled to do WiFI calling, but unless Freedom turns it on for all phones, I'm going to be out of luck.

Will this feature work on all phones?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheMan18 View Post
    I would like to repeat a question that was just asked.
    Has anyone out there got this feature on a phone that is not the LG V20?
    My phone (apparently) has the software enabled to do WiFI calling, but unless Freedom turns it on for all phones, I'm going to be out of luck.

Will this feature work on all phones?
    That is what I'm trying to figure out. My phone is a Samsung Note 4 from WIND mobile and this phone has the Wifi Calling Feature but currently hidden from the menus. I heard around that if one can tweak around with the secret menus can turn this feature on hence to get this option enabled. So far, I got no luck with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    I have no idea how to get to this menu. can you be more specific?
    Try dialing *#*#4636#*#*

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    That is what I'm trying to figure out. My phone is a Samsung Note 4 from WIND mobile and this phone has the Wifi Calling Feature but currently hidden from the menus. I heard around that if one can tweak around with the secret menus can turn this feature on hence to get this option enabled. So far, I got no luck with it.
    I signed up for wifi calling through the link provided on my S4. As long as your phone is supported by T-Mobile's Wifi calling it allows you to pre-register. Now, its hard to tell if Freedom will follow the path of T-Mobile, allow all phones compatible with Vo-Wifi to work.

With Freedom's past moves, I doubt they will do this, they need capital, and "in their eyes", making everyone upgrade to a new phone (to get Vo-Wifi) is just another way to make more money.
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I actually didn't exchange the sim, my cousin works at Freedom Mobile and could just pick one up for me but the problem is that I'm going on vacation in a couple days and I just don't want to do anything that could mess it up again. I think I will wait a bit and if it's still broken I will do the sim swap. Hopefully others can share their experiences on here.
    Unfortunately, I think you've got some bad luck on your hands.
    Mine has been working fine and as expected.
    Normally zero signal in the basement at work (only belus works there) and worked fine for a test call and some texts.
    Returning above ground I turned off wifi and it worked as usual.

As for other devices - this early on, I don't blame them. They can't support every device out there, so they start with the ones they do have complete control over. I suspect if they do open it up to all capable devices it will be a "use at your own risk" situation, because they can't support every device and software variant out there.
    It is a two-way street - the device needs to register with the server/network each time you connect to wifi in order to have calls and texts routed through it - so until freedom opens it up, there's no real "hack" to get it to work. Unless the only validation is some kind of deviceID that you could mod your phone to pretend it's a V20 (and of the right software version)...

Once it has been implemented and bugs worked out, I suspect they might consider opening it up to all devices with the no support caveat. At least those that are the same models they offer, but maybe not necessarily purchased direct from them.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for clarifying. This sucks 🙁 if it's not a widespread issue they won't do anything about it so the few people who are stuck are stuck for good 😑 I wish there was somebody who could just take a look at the network part of the account or something and make sure everything is set up properly.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have a screenshot of a Wi-Fi call in progress?

I'd like to see the icons

Sent from my XT1563 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    A sim swap wont mess anything up. If you cousin works for freedom, get him to swap your SIM for you.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    A sim swap wont mess anything up. If you cousin works for freedom, get him to swap your SIM for you.
    I will be swapping my sim and changing plans once I'm back from my trip in about a week. My cousin has received some form from Freedom Mobile where he is allowed to give out five promo codes to friends or family, each code grants the person a lifetime promo of 35% off any of the current plans. Basically I will go with the $59 plan, with the discount I will pay $38.35, cheaper than my current plan and better as well. Hopefully changing plans and sim will fix everything lol. 😀 Finally, I will have an LTE plan, I pray that it doesn't bug out. 😬😳

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast