Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    The code does not work for me!
    Works for me, except when I click on phone information it says "this application does not work on this device." The other menus work sort of lol, not really useful to me as they don't seem to do anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    The code does not work for me!
    Was worth a try!

I'm not too surprised, this is likely something that can be disabled by a phone manufacturer. I did a search and see a lot of "doesn't work on my Samsung" complaints.

I also saw a couple posts where one can get around the above by installing TrueCaller (if Android) and using that to dial the code. YMMV.

There's also apparently ways to do it if you are rooted (so Android again) but if you're not already rooted would be a big hassle.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    WIND MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samst0100 View Post
    Was worth a try!

I'm not too surprised, this is likely something that can be disabled by a phone manufacturer. I did a search and see a lot of "doesn't work on my Samsung" complaints.

I also saw a couple posts where one can get around the above by installing TrueCaller (if Android) and using that to dial the code. YMMV.

There's also apparently ways to do it if you are rooted (so Android again) but if you're not already rooted would be a big hassle.
    Yes, my phone is not rooted. I also tried the TrueCall but it still does not work.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if the ZTE Grand X4 will get it soon? vowifi will be a game changer for FM it will surly make my experience better.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_n256 View Post
    I wonder if the ZTE Grand X4 will get it soon? vowifi will be a game changer for FM it will surly make my experience better.
    Yes, in this month apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any idea if the Nexus 6 (not 6P)will support WiFi calling?

Feedback Score
    Anyone on the V20 having trouble activating VOWIFI? Im on HMP and haven't been able to get it to work, have the new sim and able to complete registration for address but the text to activate never comes.

My other family member who has the v20 has had no issues activating but I do notice that vowifi isnt perfect, often takes 10+ seconds to begin dialing call, sometimes calls will say line is busy/number not in service but calling again on regular 3g service the call goes through fine and the number is active. Also notice texts sometimes take up to a minute to send. Home Internet is 100 mb with latest modem. Anyone else have any issues?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Send support a message over facebook. They are working to iron out the bugs and will be able to help

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (Wind)
    Feedback Score
    So that really weird problem I was having with the whole Wi-Fi calling update was fixed by replacing the sim card with a new one. I guess it was corrupted or something.

I basically shut my device off, got the new sim card and registered it on the Freedom Mobile website, put it in and waited a while before turning my phone back on. When I did turn it on I got a text that I now have a new IMSI number and a couple settings were reset also.

Since then everything is completely back to normal as if Wi-Fi calling was never ever enabled. Of course.. I could try enabling it again and see if it works but I think I probably shouldn't in case it messes up again lol.

Another thing to note is that both sim cards were P6 and identical looks wise apart from the older one having a Wind Mobile design on the back of the card where I popped it out from and the new sim card has a Freedom Mobile logo on the back of the card where I popped it out. Also the numbers were easier and clearer to read on the Freedom Mobile version. Not sure if any of this makes a difference but if anyone is having issues just do what I did and see if it fixes it.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Haven't been able to connect the last few days, previously connected automatically without issue each time I returned to wifi.
    Perhaps they're doing some tweaks to the system that may fix some bugs.

Or maybe mine will never work again

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewl View Post
    Haven't been able to connect the last few days, previously connected automatically without issue each time I returned to wifi.
    Perhaps they're doing some tweaks to the system that may fix some bugs.

Or maybe mine will never work again
    Naturally, after posting it has resumed working normally/automatically when wifi on.

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by faruquek View Post
    Just made an account so I can make this post. This update basically ruined my phone lol. I downloaded it and installed it, registered, got the text and all was good, or so I thought. Incoming calls would not work properly and would often drop or go as missed call like 3+ times before finally ringing properly. Wi-Fi indicator would not show up, other times it would show up. I decided just to disable it until the bugs are worked out. Here's where the real problem begins.

I disabled Wi-Fi calling, but for some reason the phone thinks Wi-Fi calling is on even when disabled. I tested this by shutting off Wi-Fi during a call and the call went dead, clearly using Wi-Fi calling even with it disabled, I had missed incoming calls. I went ahead and turned off Wi-Fi completely, this didn't fix it lol. Now incoming calls would go straight to voicemail or get a busy signal or takes 30+ seconds to even begin ringing.

Before you ask, I tried everything I could possibly think of, cleared cache, cleared data and cache of wifi calling system app, reset router, everything lol short of a factory reset. I switched sims and put mine in my buddy's V20 and vice versa and nothing is wrong with the phone, problem is clearly some network setting or bug on their side. I also had my brother who is with freedom mobile test his phone and he received incoming calls just fine. (not a v20)

Next step was the dreaded technical support. After maybe 10+ calls not all in one day I was able to have the guy disable Wi-Fi calling from his side which fixed my issue and returned all calls to normal. No delays connecting, no busy signal or anything. However, even with the Wi-Fi calling disabled on their end and on my phone, my phone still displays the Wi-Fi calling symbol on the dialer keypad and says Hd on the call list, so even now it is using Wi-Fi calling, for some reason only for outgoing calls (not always.) The symbol goes away for incoming calls and they connect properly. I won't mess with it anymore as everything is working again lol. This update was a nightmare for me unfortunately.
    I'm getting the exact same problem. Calls drop when on wifi-calling and people can't call me. Also there is no way to turn it off once you enable it. I told Freedom over FB and they told me to go to the repair centre to get a new SIM card.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After your post I wondered if I was affected without knowing it as not aware of any missed calls...

I called my VoIP # using wifi - connected "HD voice" - when dialing pop-up said call will be made with wifi

I disabled wifi calling - called again and connected (no HD voice icon)

I disabled wifi as well, called again and connected (no HD voice icon)

So looks like I'm fine. Very strange that some accounts work and others don't.
    You'd think if there was an issue with the back end it would either work for everyone or work for no one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewl View Post
    After your post I wondered if I was affected without knowing it as not aware of any missed calls...

I called my VoIP # using wifi - connected "HD voice" - when dialing pop-up said call will be made with wifi

I disabled wifi calling - called again and connected (no HD voice icon)

I disabled wifi as well, called again and connected (no HD voice icon)

So looks like I'm fine. Very strange that some accounts work and others don't.
    You'd think if there was an issue with the back end it would either work for everyone or work for no one.
    Do you have Wifi preferred or Mobile network preferred in the settings?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast